We arrived expecting this to be more luxurious for the $340 plus dollars we paid per night. Perhaps this was our mistake not knowing how expensive the area is in summer. Our room didn't feel very private, with thin blinds on the window which didn't cover them properly and no mosquito nets. The room smelled of bleach every day after it was washed, there was no hairdryer or ironing board in the rooms and the beds were not comfy and they didn't change the linens every day so your bed can get very sandy! If you don't have car the location is not ideal unless you plan to stay the whole time in the resort. You will have to take taxis which are $15 dollars a pop (least - without tip) to Montauk and $20 to Amagansett. The priavte beach is lovely, very uncrowded but really I preferred the beach in Montauk. If you are looking for a romantic break away this is probably not the place. Better for families maybe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ocean Vista Resort is unique beachfront co-op located between Amagansett and Montauk, NY--one of the best values in the Hamptons. Each of its 46 units (studios and one- and two-bedrooms) offers TV, efficiency kitchen, AC/heating, wireless and maid service. The resort has an indoor heated pool, tennis, sauna and a private beach equipped with beach chairs and umbrellas. Photo courtesy of Ritter Photo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Booking.com and Hotel.de so you can book your Ocean Vista Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Vista Hotel Amagansett
- Ocean Vista Resort Amagansett, Hamptons, NY