“Beachfront”
Review of Ocean Vista Resort

Ocean Vista Resort
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Amagansett
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Just stayed here for two nights - my friend was getting married and it was hard to find good value accommodation in the area - this place popped up - it's in a great location - right on the beach which was a nice bonus.
The Hampton Jitney stops literally right by the hotel which is a bonus if you choose to bus over.
I enjoyed my stay and the people were very friendly.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Charlene_B_Stone

Reviewed 19 June 2014

My husband and I were recently married and we were looking for a long weekend getaway as a mini honeymoon. Being from Upstate, NY, I had always been intrigued with the idea of a trip to the Hamptons. We booked a 4 night stay in one of the downstairs rooms that was closer to the ocean.

I am a budget minded traveler, but I wanted to stay someplace close to the ocean. We found this hotel to be one of the more reasonably priced ocean front resorts. We went on one of the last off season weekends, so the rates were relatively low and we lucked out with lovely weather.

The beach in front of the hotel is very nice, it reminded me a lot of the Outer Banks, NC.

I realize that a lot of people from NYC come to this area and do not have access to a car. I think it would be inconvenient to stay here without wheels, but if you have transportation you should be fine as restaurants and a grocery store are not far.

Positives:
The room had a nicely equipped kitchen and lots of supplies. The microwave and fridge came in very handy as we planned to eat breakfast and lunch in to save money. The bed and sheets were very comfortable. The room was cleaned well each day.

Negatives:
I do have to say that our room seemed to be a bit older compared to some of the other rooms we walked by.

Overall we had a very positive experience at this hotel, but wish we had a slightly more modern room. I would have had a hard time paying the peak season rates for the room we stayed in.

Room Tip: Ask for a more renovated room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NYCaliKara
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Recently stayed at Ocean Vista. Didn't look like much from the highway as we pulled up, but we had a great time! Right on the beach, right near Montauk and Amagansett, and very simple and relaxing. Learned while I was there that all of the units are privately owned, so each one is pretty different. I stayed in 118 and it was great. Don't have anything to compare it to, but it was clean and had everything I could want. Definitely would come back here.

Room Tip: Stayed in room 118. Really clean and nice. Good tv. Slept comfortably. Great bathroom! Don'...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Sarah C
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Overall pleased, beautiful private beach, office provides beach chaises & umbrella's & towels but could run short if high occupancy. Would be nice if they also had beach chairs ;) Almost all rooms are privately owned which explains the renovated comments!! Wireless internet did not reach our room & had to walk almost to the office to connect-office accepted my "complaint" well & was concerned for us. Very clean, nice & non-intrusive staff :) Indoor pool nice but operating hours could be extended & area updated; staff was very accommodating to extend pool hours if staff was on site :). Parking could get tight, railroad tie planters placed in worst spots, blocking entrances to lower level rooms especially hauling luggage. Landscape could use help. Tennis court on site, charcoal BBQ's & tables nice for stay in dining, 4 seat tables w/ umbrellas also available outside lower rooms nice touch. Would be great if there was more family activity on the property/beach - bike rentals, volley ball, beach parties, etc. would make it stand out above other sites. NO lifeguard on this private beach-FYI. Our efficiency was well updated with queen bed & futon. Served well for our stay. Web site really needs updating - did not provide adequate info. having me look at other facilities. Maintenance was immediately attended to--a couple of bulbs were out and was changed first thing in the morning. Could hear the people above talking & thumping walking around :O with no problem (they didnt keep us awake). During our stay was a variety of couples, families, friends -- all pleased with the facility. We would definitely go back :).

Room Tip: Ask for renovated rooms Unit 120 was renovated, upper level great ocean views -- for toddlers lower...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank WantMillionsToTravel
Reviewed 26 August 2013

This is a simple beach motel. Don't come here expecting any sort of luxury. It feels really simple, and has all the basics -- rooms have mini kitchens, beds, and a TV (maybe a VCR too if you're lucky!). I've stayed here a few times, and each room is basically the same (some feel more recently renovated than others), but the real appeal is that you are a few steps from THE BEACH. The beach has beach chairs, towels, and umbrellas (you must get from the office). You're on the Nepague beach between Amagansett and Montauk. Great value for the Hamptons.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 June 2013

My family and I stayed here on a Saturday night during the off-peak season. We booked the room the same day since we did not originally plan on staying in the Hamptons for the night. Since our decision was so last minute we were left with only three room options. Rooms 106 and 107 smelled of mildew and very outdated. We wound up taking 110 because it was the only one of the three without the smell. However, it was very outdated as well. The bedding looked old. The kitchen has to be at least 20 years old. There was an extension cord with a bunch of wires plugged into it laying right out on a wicker table. The only thing new about the room was the cable and HDTV. One really odd thing was the placement of the A/C unit in the bathroom. The room simply needs an upgrade.

My sister booked her room on the second floor a few days in advanced. The difference between her room and ours was night and day. Her room was renovated and didn't have the mildew smell. Their A/C unit was located in the living room where it should be. It simply felt so much more comfortable to be in her room than ours. We each paid the same price for our rooms.

On the positive side the beach by the hotel is nice and it's only a 10 minute drive to Montauk and about 15 minutes from East Hampton. I just can't justify spending over $350 a night to stay here during the peak season. You're setting yourself up for serious disappointment if you get stuck with an older room.

Room Tip: If you're going to stay here you'll have better odds with an updated room upstairs.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank travelbman
Reviewed 27 September 2012

I ususally stay in the village of Montauk but our friends suggested the Ocean Vista Resort. It is a nice motel with 2 floors and a lot of rooms. There are tennis courts, an indoor pool and you are supplied with towels and lounge chairs to sit by the ocean which is beautiful. It's a short walk to the beach from the room on a littl boardwalk. It's located on the south side of Montauk Highway so you don't have to cross a busy road. The maids give you whatever you need and most of the rooms are efficiencies. Each room is individually owned so no two rooms are alike. There are picnic tables, outdoor bbq grills, outdoor shower to rinse off, and plenty of parking. I will stay here again. If you want to eat and drink without driving? No problem, Clam Bar, Cyrils Fish House and Bonzai Burger are within a 5 minute walking distance. Enjoy this secret paradise.

Room Tip: Room 105 & 108 are beautiful.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Montaukbeachgoer
Also consider these accommodations in or near Amagansett
Driftwood on the Ocean
Kenny's Tipperary Inn
Kenny's Tipperary Inn
#5 of 39 in Montauk
Gurney's Montauk Resort & Seawater Spa

Been to Ocean Vista Resort? Share your experiences!