“Superb Location-Spring-Summer -Fall”

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Amagansett
NY
“Superb Location-Spring-Summer -Fall”
Reviewed 19 October 2009

We have stayed at this mini jewel of a resort several times- Most recently to attend the East Hampton Film Festival. Beach is within steps of your room -tennis court and indoor pool add to its innate charm-
Rooms range from standard to posh-Upper Deck afford beautiful views and sunsets.As prices are the same for all studio accomodations-We'd recommend you request an "upgraded unit" upon making your reservation. Friendly and welcoming staff. Convenient to East Hampton & Montauk.
5 minutes from Gurney's Spa. We like the units with Queen Bed and Sofa/ kitchenette.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BeachLoverB

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Boston, MA
Reviewed 17 August 2009

We stayed at peak season, but expected much more for a $300+/night room. The complex is basically an old motel, complete with lights outside each room that can't be turned off and stream through the shade slats blinding you all night; the only things missing are bug zappers and Magic Fingers. The shampoo comes in cheap rip-open packets, the pillows are headache-inducing, the kitchenettes are antique. The beds squeak and you can hear your neighbors' every move. Once you get past those disappointments, which would be fine for a less expensive spot, the place is OK. Great access to the beach over a boardwalk that crosses the dunes, free WiFi, satellite TV, indoor heated pool (a little old looking), pleasant staff and guests, chaise lounges provided at the beach, stumbling distance to that dubious institution known as Cyril's, tennis court with loaner equipment, are all plusses.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jermrev

Travellers are raving about these Amagansett hotels

New York, NY
Reviewed 28 July 2009

We were just at Ocean Vista last weekend and had a wonderful stay. It was totally reasonably priced, the beach was beautiful, there were tennis courts, and the rooms were nice. Fairly no frills, but that was fine. They were more like studio efficiencies, which was nice because they had a little kitchen, with fridge, stove, plates, etc. The people there were very nice and accommodating. Overall, a great stay!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
NYC
Reviewed 27 July 2009

Terrific location, basic clean rooms, friendly service. You're right there on the beach. Tennis court and pool to boot.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 July 2009

My husband and I have been going to Ocean Vista for the past 12 years. We love staying here for a quiet and peaceful getaway from our busy lives. It is a great location and the beach is beautiful and only a 2 minute walk to the shore from the room. We enjoy taking long walks on the beach and watching the beautiful sunsets. The accommodations have been great and the pricing fair especially compared to other resorts located down the road. We like to be able to cook some of our meals so it is great to have cooking facilities in each unit. The management and maid service has been prompt and helpful with additional requests. We have also spend family vacations here several times over the years renting 3 rooms at a time and everyone had a wonderful time. We will continue to enjoy staying at Ocean Vista at least a few times over the season for years to come. l

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2009

Horrible. I can sum up my experience in one word. We got there on Friday July 3rd after being stuck in traffic for hours. When we got to the reception area, the two women working there did not even look up to greet us. After waiting 2 long minutes, I asked if we could be helped. The older women brusquely said "In a minute" and just walked out of the office. The younger woman was on the phone taking a reservation but she did not so much as look up or apologize for the wait - she completely ignored our presence. After 5 minutes of such treatment, I asked another staff member who walked in what I needed to do to get us checked in, at which point the lady at the desk finally checked us in, but I have never been treated in such an incredibly rude and arrogant manner, especially for a $320 hotel room! She practically threw a paper at me demanding that I sign it to ensure that if anything got broken in the room, my credit card would be charged. She said, "Things get broken, you know". Her use of the passive was quite telling because the room was in such bad condition I wouldn't be surprised if things fell apart just from decay and then you'd see the charge on your bill. For example, the door lock was so old and rusty that everytime I entered the room I had to shove the door using my shoulder with all my weight behind it. When I mentioned this at checkout, I was simply and nonchalantly told that the salt air was the culprit and that all the doors need to be kicked in to enter the rooms. I would say that the culprit is rather the ineptitude and stinginess of the owners who don't want to spring the $15 it costs to occasionally change the locks. Finally, the room was not properly cleaned. As I walked around, small particles of sand, who knows what, crunched under my feed and the sheets we slept on were such poor quality and itchy (maybe they paid $5 max for them) I scratched and worried about bedbugs all nights.

In sum, if they were charging even $100 a night per room, all this could potentially be acceptable but not for $320 and not for a posh Hampton location. This is what I would expect in a Hostel or something.

ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank Sienela
Reviewed 28 May 2009

The Woman, Darlene, who runs the resort was just mean for no reason.

The room was pretty gross with stains in the carpet and sheets.

The toilet didn't work very good and we got blamed for it.

Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank OnTheRoad0987
Also consider these accommodations in or near Amagansett
Sea Crest on the Ocean
#3 of 6 in Amagansett
Kenny's Tipperary Inn
Kenny's Tipperary Inn
#5 of 39 in Montauk

Been to Ocean Vista Resort? Share your experiences!