My wife and I decided to get away for one night and head down to Long Island's east end. Had an old brochure of The White Sands and called directly. Booked a nice, small efficiency and arrived just at check in time and were in the ocean as soon as we unpacked, as it is right there, only steps away. The water was still warm enough to swim in and the beach area was great. Clean, white sand and no one but us for as far as you could see. The room was very clean, with a nice view of the ocean. Left the slider open all night long to hear the waves and watch the moon reflect off the water. The resort is a distance, not much around, but thats the way we like it, Besides, it is only a short drive into town if you want more to do. We"ll be back again for sure, especially in the off season, as the rates are quite a bit lower and the crowds are non existant. Since my wife and I have both recently retired from teaching elementary school, the quietness of the place is a great draw for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beautifully simple small hotel on the ocean ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your White Sands Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- White Sands Hotel Amagansett
- White Sands Motel
- White Sands Resort Amagansett, Hamptons, NY