I have stayed at this place a couple of times and you simply cannot beat the location, it is literally on the dunes.
This is one of the cheaper places to stay in the Hamptons particularly if you come off-season (their off-season period extends into June!). The rooms are functional and clean and the gardens are lovely.
You definitely need a car as nothing is close by. There are couple of roadside lobster shacks up the road (expensive) and there is a very good Chinese take-out in Amagansett.
I did read some of the negatives reviews and would like to point out a couple of things. This is not a Resort. Not sure why they have this is in their name, this is a motel. It is not open all year around. Other than chairs, an outdoor shower and a bar-b-que there aren't any facilities. You are basically paying for a clean, basic room, in a lovely motel, on the beach. If you keep that in mind, I think your expectations will be met.
I love it here and would definitely recommend it - best bargin in the Hamptons in June or September and relatively reasonable during peak times.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beautifully simple small hotel on the ocean ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your White Sands Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- White Sands Hotel Amagansett
- White Sands Motel
- White Sands Resort Amagansett, Hamptons, NY