“Another 5+ Stay”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Amagansett
New York City, New York
“Another 5+ Stay”
Reviewed 30 September 2010

Different unit this year, second floor on the beach, noisy downstairs group not as much a factor as when people above. Minor issue, sand surf view service best anywhere.

thesidetrek

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Garrison, New York
Reviewed 20 September 2010

This is a beautiful, secluded location right on the beach. We splurged, and stayed in an upper-level ocean front unit. The only disappointment we had was that their website photos show modern furniture with sleek decor and beautiful hardwood floors. What they fail to mention is that it is a co-op building, so the decor depends on the unit's owner. Our unit (A5) had been recently renovated, but was done so in the style of a nursing home. When I expressed my concern over the misrepresentation, I was told sarcastically by the woman in the office that "If you really want to see one that hasn't been updated, I can show you some!" When I responded that I would hate to be the person surprised by that, she didn't say anything.

Other than this element (and I'm just being picky, because, as I said, it was a splurge) the rooms and pool and boardwalk were very clean. The proximity to the beach can't be beat. It's quiet and relaxing. It's about a 10 minute drive into town, or a 5 minute drive to the nearest restaurant or market.

I'd stay here again. It's just nice not to be taken so off-guard.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank SoManyRoads_10
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 30 June 2010

Myself and two friends recently stayed at The Hermitage on our first visit to the Hamptons. We found accomodation options were somewhat limited when we were doing our research online however this property turned out to be a perfect fit. The unit was very comfortable, two bedrooms, two bathrooms and had obviously been recently renovated. Bathrooms, kitchen, floors etc all appeared to be brand new. We had a large balcony with a beautiful oceanview and our unit was steps away from the beach. The complex also has a coin operated laundry facility which proved to be very useful. Amagansett is well located between Montauk and South / East Hampton, great spot to go to relax for a few days. My only complaint would be the bed in the second bedroom. We booked The Hermitage for the comfort of having two bedrooms and we were under the impression that there was a queen in the master and a double or queen in the second bedroom. Unfortunately the second bedroom only had a daybed which turned out to be OK however this was my room and I am 6'3 so it was a bit tight. So if booking here again I would ask if they have units that do have a proper bed in the second bedroom.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed 8 October 2009

We were first time visitors to the Hamptons and in the area for a family wedding. Being unfamiliar with the area, we were obviously concerned about location. We could not have found a more perfect place than the Hermitage. First of all, the beachfront location was fantastic. Our toddler loved playing in the sand and splashing in the water. We loved sitting on our deck each morning and staring at the ocean while drinking coffee. Second, the location was incredibly convenient to Montauk, Amagansett, and East Hampton. Nothing was more than 10-15 minutes away for us.

Our room was spacious, spotless, and nicely decorated. I think most of the furnishings are in the current West Elm catalog. Our time in the Hamptons was very busy but the Hermitage provided us a warm and relaxing place to which we could retreat. We can't wait to return!!!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank mmarie
New York City, New York
Reviewed 10 September 2009

Spur of the moment visit to Montauk by ferry from Massachusetts Labor Day. Going against traffic we looked for a spot with a view on the beach, literally on the beach. We were offered a horrible hotel room for $299 in Montauk, another two doors down from the Hermitage in Amagansett was creepy and awful. When we finally fell upon the Hermitage, we were greeted by wonderful office staff, enthusiastic and extremely helpful. The condos we saw were both great, more than we needed and very clean. Maid service beyond the pale, as we left for dinner our first night, returned to find clothes stewn on the bed, neatly folded in drawers. We didn't expect any service for the great price we were so generously given. Thank you. It's the best value on the beach.

Only drawback, next time would get a top floor condo, our neighbors upstairs were very loud at 6 a.m. and didn't stop "clomping" for at least an hour. Ceiling very thin!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
NY
Reviewed 25 August 2009

Steps from beatifull beach, quiet and very clean rooms. Pricey but 2 hr from Manhattan and a whole different world. Would definitely come back!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
Ocean Isle Beach, North Carolina
Reviewed 2 June 2009

My family and I had been staying at The Driftwood on Montauk Highway when I broke my leg and was unable to travel home as planned. Since we couldn't remain in the same room at the Driftwood, I called The Hermitage just two days before check-out, and they were able to take us right in upon check out from the Diftwood..

The Hermitage accomodations were absolutely charming as well as spacious! We ended up with a two bedroom unit that had all updated ammenities. Each of my sons had their own private bedroom, one with full bath. There was a full bath in the hallway, right around the corner from where I was laid up - on a sofa bed in the living room. Also included was a full kitchen and dining area with balcony that had a set of stairs which led to the grounds/beach area.

Although I was confined to our untit due to my broken leg, I felt quite comfortable in the pleasant surroundings. My boys were able to enjoy themselves too by going to the beach daily.

As far as dining, Cyril's Fish House is nearly across the road, as well as our favorite Clam Stand. "Lunch" a local favorite is within walking distance, too. Stop in for a lobster roll!

I would highly recommend The Hermitage to anyone looking for cozy seaside surroundings whether you're injured or not!

The Hermitage is a little slice of heaven along the Stretch of Nappeague.

• Stayed September 2008, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Amagansett
Sea Crest on the Ocean
Ocean Vista Resort
Ocean Vista Resort
#6 of 6 in Amagansett
Ocean Colony Beach and Tennis Club

Been to The Hermitage at Napeague? Share your experiences!