All reviews second floor off season east hampton the upper level st tropez living room beach vacation up to date small kitchen get away in addition new england mini golf beach attendants four days outdoor pool perfect location
Reviewed 3 September 2018

Great location, great beach but don't stay in monteray room 10- it is in terrible need or refurbishment. The toilet is falling off the wall, the living room couch springs are popping out. It has the same furniture from your dorm room .

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

I have stayed at Seacrest several times. The location is nice on a secluded beach near Hither Hills State Park and 5-6 miles from Montauk and Amagansett. The rooms are privately own and vary greatly between awful and ok for a 3 star beach hotel. The pool, tennis court etc are like a nice campground. The accomodations are very pricey given what you get main negative is the service and office staff. I guess they believe the location will overcome any disatisfaction with the service. No matter what you ask they say no or give you half answers. They don’t answer the phone so that you have to walk to the office. Once you get there, they are rude and unhelpful. Every time I stay there I promise myself I will plan ahead and find a Airbnb or other accommodation.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
SeaCrestOnTheOcean, General Manager at Sea Crest on the Ocean, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you for pointing out our great location. We are very sorry we could not meet your expectations, despite our best attempts to further extend your noon late check out. We hope we are able to do so during you next visit.

Kind regards,

Harold Jones
Sea Crest On The Ocean a Dune Resorts property

Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

When planning our family vacation this year we had to get creative because of our new family addition. Our newborn is just one month old and we didn’t want to fly but craved the delightful breeze of the ocean.

Staying at this resort was the best decision we could have ever made. Highly family friendly, with our ocean front room I never felt I was missing out on my vacation. The staff was very helpful and assisted with our every need, promptly offering beach umbrella and chairs, very timely service and excellent cleanliness throughout the resort. Oh, and did I mention the pool is heated?!!! Yasss!

With Montauk just a few minutes away we enjoyed everything from great seafood, to mini golf and paddle boating in town. The manager Harold Jones was very helpful in helping us plan our family outings and provided us with a very useful list of family friendly activities and things to do near by. This list is a must and a life saver.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Annas W
SeaCrestOnTheOcean, Guest Relations Manager at Sea Crest on the Ocean, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2018

Dear Anna,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We are so happy to hear you have a great time and want to extend our congratulations on your newest addition!

Hope to see you again soon!

Best,
Jennifer C.

Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

I can’t wait to go back! Having rented houses for many years that are blocks from the beach (or even a drive) it was such a treat to walk 100 feet to get to the beach and have someone set up my chair and umbrella for me. I picked the hotel for the location and had low expectations for the rest of the experience but the room was also nice and the service was good. The front desk staff, housekeeping staff and beach setup staff were all helpful and nice. The place is very low-key and has a really nice vibe.

I stayed in a second floor oceanfront room and am so glad I did that. My room was sun flooded with high ceilings, skylights and a patio that had an amazing view of the dunes and ocean. Beach motels are not always clean and bright (and are sometimes musty) but my room was REALLY great. I think the rooms vary a lot since many are privately owned vary so suggest asking questions when you make your reservation to make sure you get a good one, but based on my stay and my room, I rate this hotel 5 stars.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
SeaCrestOnTheOcean, Guest Relations Manager at Sea Crest on the Ocean, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay and sharing your tips for potential guests! We really appreciate it and are so happy to hear you had a wonderful time. Hope to see you again soon!

Jennifer C.

Reviewed 9 July 2018

No, the Hotel room wasn't ready by agreed upon time 3:00. No, they refused to call us and let us know when it would be ready. The next day, despite making us sign documents that checkout time was 11:00 but, no, they wouldn't honor that. They tried to make us check at 10:00am. Asked for a late checkout - got another No. (When did 11:00 become a late checkout anyway?) Rude staff, especially Harold the manager. No, he couldn't give a S**T about the inconvenience. And, No, a room from 5:00pm to 10:00 am isn't a full day... Would stay away until they change they're attitude.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
SeaCrestOnTheOcean, General Manager at Sea Crest on the Ocean, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2018

Dear guest,

We are very sorry we could not meet your expectations, despite our best attempts to give you an early check-in and welcoming you to enjoy our pool and beach while you wait. Your actual check-in time was 2:58PM and actual check-out time was 11:32AM. However, it is extremely unfortunate that some guests choose to go online and lie about their experience after verbally abusing our staff and behaving rudely and aggressive when we try to explain our policies. At no moment did we refuse to call you. To the contrary, we politely suggested we could check you in as your room would be ready by the time you were registered. Also, you called us demanding a 12:30PM check-out and rudely hung up on us when we tried to explain that 12:30PM was too late but would check to see the latest possible check-out time. We also would have welcomed you to continue enjoying our facility throughout the day, if only you had given us the opportunity. Instead, you chose to barge into our office and throw your keys at our front desk staff. We hope those that read your review can see this for themselves in your choice of words.

Kind regards,