Danat Al Ain Resort
  • Restaurant
Ayla Hotel(Al Ain)
Aloft Al Ain(Al Ain)
View Hotel
All reviewsarabesque restaurantindian restaurantolympic pooloasis cafeenglish pubhorse jockeyall inclusive packagegreen areakids poolnice resortpool barroom servicestandard roomfamily stayan upgradebreakfast buffetone night stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 April 2012

This hotel used to be the InterCont so don't expect everything to be shiny and new. It is in the process of being refurbished (04/2012) with the majority of work being currently done on the lobby. That said, it was a lousy visit for us. Check-in is at 2 and we arrived at 5:30 with two rooms booked: only one was ready and it took two hours for the second room to become available. But no towels. Again, after a couple of hours, towels were available. The lobby/reception areas are fairly compact so guests have to make room for each other throughout. The decor has been re-done and updated nicely. Rooms are spacious and nicely appointed. Bathrooms are the old InterCont, though. The shower temp jumped from ambient to cool to scalding. While the rooms were clean, the floor in our room was wet. After a long day on the road, we opted for room service: very mediocre and very overpriced. The breakfast buffet was also extremely mediocre: cereals, pastries, arabic mezze, waffles, omelet station. Our table wasn't ready, no silverware, no napkins, and no one coming around to offer tea or coffee. The staff was very nice, though, if a little overwhelmed and perhaps undertrained. The place was absolutely overrun with families of small children so it seems that it's a popular place for family getaways. Bear in mind, the facilities get a lot of use with so many kids and it shows. All in all, we were not impressed and won't be back.

Room Tip: Don't get a room overlooking the pool if you're looking for quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank libbyglee
Ahmed M, General Manager at Danat Al Ain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2012

Greetings from Danat Al Ain Resort!

Thank you for staying at our Resort and we sincerely apologise for the inconvenience you have experienced during your stay at the Resort. The lobby is currently undergoing a total renovation and due to be completed shortly which will offer you a better facility . Our apologies for the delay once again.

We look forward to welcoming you further more at the Resort and assure you of our best services and attention at all times.

Thanks and best regards

Reviewed 7 April 2012

We booked 2 rooms for 2 nights for my family and kids. We were very surprised of the bad status of the hotel equipment.
Rooms were not properly cleaned. The water if the swimming pool was dirty
We waited 45 min to get towels at the swimming pool
The photos of the hotel do not reflect the reality.
We had to call several times to obtain what we have asked for
Finally we have shortened our stay

Totally disappointing

• Stayed: April 2012
3  Thank marciskandarani

Greetings from Danat Al Ain Resort!

Our apologies to you for cutting short your stay due to the inconvenience, but we look forward to welcoming you again at the Resort and assure you of our best services and attention at all times.

Thanks and best regards

Reviewed 6 April 2012

I stayed at Danat Al ain resort with my family over a weekend in April, and the entire experience was very disappointing. We booked the stay as the hotel had a deal that included a free massage as part of the package, however  over the weekend massage centre was fully booked and we were not advised of the need to book an appointment in advance. When we arrived at the hotel, most of the lobby was hoarded as the hotel was undergoing a renovation, the check in process was a joke, or even worse non existent. We arrived at 1pm, so they told me that I had to wait until 2pm for a room, when I went back at 2pm, the guy just handed me the room key, no explanation of where the room was, how to get there, where the breakfast is served and didn't even bother to block an amount on my card, subsequently every time I used room service I was not able to put anything on the room, as I was not correctly checked in. It was a huge inconvenience as well as embarrassing to having to hear from restaurants that  "you are not on the system"

Every staff I had encountered during my stay were unhelpful, demotivated, and disinterested in serving the customers, which was a real shame for a supposedly five star property. The building is an old building, tucked away in one corner of Al Ain, however the recreational services and F & B option were pretty good. The pools were very good in addition to other sporting facilities and plenty of green space. The choice of restaurants were good, however the quality of the food from the WOK restaurant, was less than impressive.

Overall the property, even though old, is not bad with sufficient recreational options, however the service is very very poor and the management need to address this urgently as I would never come back to this property or recommend this to my friends. Not bad value for money, however don't expect five star experience, this is more in the three star range.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Rubes007
ahmed298061, General Manager at Danat Al Ain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2012

Greetings from Danat Al Ain Resort!

Thank you for staying at Danat Al Ain Resort and we sincerely apologise for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay mainly due to the current renovation. Kindly note that necessary corrective actions are being taken so that such incidents do not occur in future.

We are pleased to note that you liked our pool and other sporting facilities and the greeneries around.

Thank you once again and looking forward to welcoming you again at the Resort.

Reviewed 5 April 2012

we had a great weekend here! location is good. staff are helpful. it was a Friday and fully booked, kinda busy at the reception but gave us a room upgrade so i forgot about the waiting time :) hotel facilities are great! really relaxing..the room was an oasis room which is overlooking the pools. the room is clean, bed is comfortable...it got everything we need. our 22 month old daughter did enjoy swimming...the issue was she wont get out of the pool :) i would definitely recommend this hotel! and would love to come back!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Alya_Ysabel

Greetings from Danat Al Ain Resort!

Thank you for posting your comments in the Tripadvisor. We are glad to know that you have enjoyed your stay at the Resort and you liked Resort location and the team.

We look forward to your next trip to the Resort and assure you of a memorable stay.

Reviewed 3 April 2012

Spent two nights here as a relaxing break after a week's work in Abu Dhabi and I am pleased that I stayed here and not up the mountain (Jebel) in the Mercure as it is so much closer to the town.
Reception were efficient and helpful, even escorting me to my room, as were all staff throughout my visit (although poolside service might have spotted me a bit sooner). I got a very large king-bedded room with a small balcony overlooking Jebel Hafeet and all the usual facilities - strangely although the bathroom was big enough it seemed somewhat undersized compared to the rest of the room.
It was good to see so many locals (i.e. people in Arab dress, rather than obvious vacationers) using the hotel.
Nice pools, plenty of areas to lounge around in - although if you are a grumpy git like me you might find the screaming kids around the pool a bit wearing after a while.

All in all a very good value break.

Room Tip: Go for the higher floors to get better views - it seems like all rooms have a view of either Jebel Hafeet or the pool areas
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank GeoffR

Greetings from Danat Al Ain Resort!

We appreciate your positive comments in the Tripadvisor. We are pleased to learn that you enjoyed our Resort, the rooms and other facilities.

Thank you and looking forward to welcoming you to the Resort soon.