We recently stayed at the Danat (we usually stay at the Hilton). Check in didn't get off to a great start (as if usual in the Middle East) and our rooms were not ready and we had been allocated smoking ones. But this did get sorted and it took about an hour (even though we were after the designated check in time). We were offered tea/coffee while we waited.
The rooms themselves are standard hotel rooms and of a good 4star quality. Hardly high end 5 star but fine enough.
The restaurant selection is quite good - although despite having a child meal special the english style pub didn't allow children after 6.30 pm. The indian restaurant had nice food but terrible service. Breakfast was your standard fare but again service was lacking - the coffee was cold and when i asked for milk it took some 30 minutes to arrive.
The pool is the biggest let down of the hotel. It didn't feel clean at all and it is really hard to supervise your children in the pool which is full of kids who clearly can't swim yet is poorly supervised by lifeguards. the pool menu itself was great.
The hotel had an issue with towels...on arrival there was none in our rooms and these eventually turned up at 9pm. On the second day this happened again. Not good enough for a 5 star hotel.
Concierge was very helpful with requests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Danat Ain Resort is a recently renovated luxurious 5 star Resort nestled in the lush green landscape of the garden city of Al Ain, with three swimming pools, four Tennis and Squash courts in addition to extensive children's activities. as well as an array of food and beverage restaurants, Italian, Indian, Far Eastern and English Pub. Cultural and leisurely activities surround the Resort. A short drive takes you to Al Ain Zoo, Wadi Adventure water park, Hilli fun city, Bawadi mall and Al Ain mall. Al Ain National Museum and Sheikh Zayed National Museum offer glimpses of local culture and history. To experience the best views of the city, a drive up to Jebel Hafeet Mountain is a must. At the foot of the mountain is Green Mubazzarah a collection of hot springs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Danat Al Ain Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Danat Al Ain Hotel Al Ain
- Intercontinental Al Ain Hotel
- Danat Al Ain Resort Emirate Of Abu Dhabi