“Not bad”

Danat Al Ain Resort
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Al Ain
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Breakfast wasn't great, pool was too crowded, key cards didn't work well, other than that the hotel was great, great swimming pool, great service and well designed building, improve those mistakes and you well deserve 5 stars, great place for family, 1 room is enough for 4 . Totally recommended.

Stayed: April 2014
Ahmed M, General Manager at Danat Al Ain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for choosing to stay at Danat Al Ain Resort and for taking the time to posting your comment on Trip advisor regarding your experience.
It feels great to learn that you had an enjoyable stay with us. With regards to your comment about the pool being too crowded, our pool and recreation facilities are very popular, during your stay by coincidence it was the school midyear break, were most of the families tend to visit Al Ain for enjoyable get away, in the meantime, we have noted your observations and we will continue our ongoing enhancement to meet our guests expectations. Once again thank you for staying at Danat Al Ain Resort and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future

There are newer reviews for Danat Al Ain Resort

Reviewed 21 April 2014

We recently stayed at the Danat (we usually stay at the Hilton). Check in didn't get off to a great start (as if usual in the Middle East) and our rooms were not ready and we had been allocated smoking ones. But this did get sorted and it took about an hour (even though we were after the designated check in time). We were offered tea/coffee while we waited.

The rooms themselves are standard hotel rooms and of a good 4star quality. Hardly high end 5 star but fine enough.

The restaurant selection is quite good - although despite having a child meal special the english style pub didn't allow children after 6.30 pm. The indian restaurant had nice food but terrible service. Breakfast was your standard fare but again service was lacking - the coffee was cold and when i asked for milk it took some 30 minutes to arrive.

The pool is the biggest let down of the hotel. It didn't feel clean at all and it is really hard to supervise your children in the pool which is full of kids who clearly can't swim yet is poorly supervised by lifeguards. the pool menu itself was great.

The hotel had an issue with towels...on arrival there was none in our rooms and these eventually turned up at 9pm. On the second day this happened again. Not good enough for a 5 star hotel.

Concierge was very helpful with requests.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank AmeliainDubai

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Danat Al Ain Resort.
We appreciate your feedback as we continuously strive to improve our service and facilities and only through comments provided by our valued guests we will be able to do so.
Once again thank you for staying at Danat Al Ain Resort and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

I stayed in the hotel for 4 nights whilst delivering a training course. The hotel have directly asked for feedback which I have given and received acknowledgement of this.

Positives

Excellent pool and leisure facilities. Three pools, one adult only. I made full use of the pools to keep cool and swim. I didn’t use other leisure facilities but saw them and there are plenty of options – Jacuzzi, sauna etc. As a western women I felt comfortable sunbathing by myself, without having to travel to a ladies only pool - a major plus.

There are a wide range of restaurants, plus a pub and bar, so options to eat conveniently.

Breakfast was included and there was loads of choice including pork products.

The room was spacious with an armchair and table to relax in

Negatives

Connection to wifi and broadband was a challenge. I could not connect on several occasions and had to call IT. I had been given a week voucher for wifi as I was a conference organiser but when the code didn’t work was told that I had to pay extra for broadband and wifi, and was asked for this on check out. I told them of the voucher and didn’t have to pay, but this should have been sorted. An irritant.

There was very limited hotel information in the room. So I had to explore to find out what was available and where. I went to breakfast at 6.25 and had to wait as breakfast didn’t start till 6.30 although it stated 6 in the room information.

Room overlooking pool meant some noise from live music they have playing in grounds, ironically the room I was first offered overlooking the road may have been quieter. I didn’t know about pool side noise until I read tripadvisor reviews. It would have been useful for hotel staff to advise me and then ask what I preferred.

Staff service is patchy and not joined up – requests for the training room to be locked were not actioned until reminded. There is not the proactivity that would elevate the hotels service.

When I went for breakfast, the staff were still putting out cushions for the outside area that were kept overnight inside - and prioritised this over serving customers, so I had to wait for a hot drink

Another example, the mini bar was locked. I wanted to put milk in it and had to ask if it was OK to open it, whether there was a charge (there wasn’t).

There are chocolates/biscuits but they were chargeable. So no ‘freebies’ except the coffee /tea bags, and toiletries. In the Kingsgate hotel I receive free fruit so I know what other hotels offer.

There were several ‘Help us’ notes that were about ‘saving the environment’. I’ve encountered the one to reuse bathroom towels. A new one for me was the note saying that unless I put the card on the bed the bed sheets wouldn’t be changed. Another irritant.

The room was good in parts. A balcony was excellent but the bathroom was tired and I had trouble getting cold water from the mixer taps, so I either had to chance the water was OK to brush my teeth with or use the bottled water.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank KfromWales

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your views on the Trip advisor. I am delighted to note your positive comments about the Resort which is always a strong motivation to us to continuously provide a high level of services that we uphold, meanwhile, accept my sincere apologies for your challenge regarding WIFI and the breakfast buffet timing. I assure you that your comments have been taken very seriously and passed on to all the relevant departmental managers so that they can address with their teams since we take our service commitment very seriously and assure you that the challenges you experienced were the exception and not the norm. I hope that this experience will not deter you from using our hotel in the future and I look forward to seeing you again at the Danat Al Ain Resort and assure you of our best attention and services at all times.

Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

Came over from the UK for a few days to visit a family member working over here.

The Danat is well maintained and kept very clean, there's a children's pool and an adult pool which were both very quiet.

There's a pub and an Italian restaurant as well as the buffet restaurant, breakfast was of a good standard in the buffet restaurant and the pub served traditional British pub grub.

The room was of a good standard with a king size bed and it was kept very clean and tidy.

Staff seemed friendly and always had time to say hello.

I would visit again if staying in Al Ain.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Joey S

Dear Valued Guest,
It feels great to learn that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Thank you for your appreciative comments on the hotel services and the facilities.
Your kind words have been shared with the team and we all look forward to welcoming you back to our resort in the very near future.
Yours sincerely

Reviewed 15 April 2014

We "me and my wife" visited the resort in April, even though is was the middle of the week, there was so many kids running all over the place, all the swimming pools were filled with families dipping in water fully clothed while their kids annoy others, there is no "relaxation" to have in Danat Al Ain, the noise reach to your room even if you close your windows.
If you have booked through a website or using a voucher, you will receive less favorable treatment than other customers, all above being very bored with the empty nightclub at "LUCE", the whole place practically shut off at 10 pm, because the kids are asleep early to wake you up at 8 in the morning

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank TheEasyMan
Ahmed M, General Manager at Danat Al Ain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing to stay at Danat Al Ain Resort and for taking the time to post your comment on Trip advisor regarding your experience. I would like to enlighten you that due to school holidays, our Resort was busy with families and kids. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience that you experienced due to the kids activities which is one of our Resort attractions.
I hope that this experience will not deter you from using our Resort and I look forward to seeing you again at the Danat Al Ain Resort and assure you of our best attention and services at all times.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

I had an opportunity to stay at the Danat Al Ain, due to a business trip a few days back. It is a large property, plenty of walking possible. Three pools including child friendly versions, so can be quite relaxing. It is 'positioned' as a resort, but let us face it - in the middle of a desert, only so much human intervention can achieve. So do not expect lush waterfalls and grand views on the horizon.

Thursday and Friday nights can get terribly busy, as the Italian restaurant changes into a discotheque at 11 pm. This brings in droves of regular and some 'working' folks in. So, if having a drink and a dance is your fancy, it is available right where you stay. Sound proofing of the rooms is really good, as no sounds from the dance floor reached the room where I stayed, which was just 1 floor above.

The breakfast is a very hearty affair and has a wide spectrum of choices available, including pork for the non-Muslims. Omar, the main chef is well spoken, affable and tends to be around to oversee and ensure quality is maintained. They also have good restaurants which serve Indian & Arabic food choices.

The rooms are very comfortable, with sit outs on the balcony, though as I mentioned previously, there is not much to view. If you need the mini-bar to be stocked, you will have to inform the hotel staff in advance.

Plenty of parking, if you are willing to walk a little. The shaded parking which is closer proximity to the entrance is always full and valet parking is probably a better choice, if you want to avoid the hassle of trying to find an unoccupied space for your car.

Both check in and check out were smooth processes in my case.

Room Tip: The resort tends to get full on the weekends (Friday/Saturday), so make your bookings in advance if...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Ahmed M, General Manager at Danat Al Ain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking out your valuable time to post your review on tripadvisor and for choosing Danat Al Ain Resort for your recent stay. We are delighted that you liked the hotel facilities, services and the front deck team attitude, your feedback will be shared with the team as it's always a pleasure to know that we accomplished our guest satisfaction, once again we do appreciate your positive comments and recommendations looking forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future; please keep an eye on our Facebook page as it has all the latest happenings in the hotel.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

The Al Danat is an extremely welcoming and comfortable hotel. The staff are very helpful, warm and welcoming. Parking is plentiful as are the taxis if you do not wish to drive. The grounds of the resort are well cared for, the swimming pools cater for all levels of swimmers including the kids. The waterfall by the pool bar is a really nice attraction and good for immediate cool down when it gets too hot in the sun. The rooms are well appointed, and have their own balcony, size of which is dependent on room type. Rooms are modestly furnished, my one fault was that there was only one easy chair in the room, not ideal when there is two people. But that was only a minor fault. The bed is luxurious, no bad backs getting out of this bed, very comfortable.
The hotel has numerous restaurants, ranging from traditional Arabic food, Italian, Sea food, and Indian as well as pub grub in the Horse and Jockey. They also gave a spa, gymnasium and beauty parlour. The foyer has a small range of shops and a coffee lounge. If you don't fancy eating out then room service is available 24/7.
This is an excellent hotel as per a couple, do not know as regards amenities for families.
Nice comfortable friendly hotel in the Garden City.

Room Tip: Garden rooms have access to the garden, ideal if you have kids Book rooms away from the restaurant...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your great experience on Trip advisor following your recent stay at the Danat Al Ain Resort
I am very glad to hear that you had a cherished time while staying with us. We are delighted that you liked the hotel services, Pool, restaurants and the staff attitude. I have personally passed on your warm words of compliments to the team. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing Danat Al Ain Resort as your place of retreat and for recommending us as a great resort to other travelers and I hope that this will only be the first of your many more visits to come.
Yours sincerely