Danat Al Ain Resort
Al Ain Rotana Hotel(Al Ain)(Great Value!)
US$152
US$94
US$70
US$55
Mercure
US$75
Aloft.com
Ayla Hotel(Al Ain)(Great Value!)
US$57
TripAdvisor
Hili Rayhaan by Rotana(Al Ain)(Great Value!)
US$62
TripAdvisor
Hilton Al Ain(Al Ain)(Great Value!)
US$76
  • Pool
Ayla Bawadi Hotel(Al Ain)(Great Value!)
US$66
Telal Resort(Al Ain)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsarabesque restaurantindian restaurantolympic pooloasis cafeenglish pubhorse jockeyall inclusive packagegreen areakids poolnice resortpool barroom servicestandard roomfamily stayan upgradebreakfast buffetone night stay
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Have been saying here over the Intercontinental management as well as the recent Danat management. Under the Intercontinental brand the hotel was becoming decidedly 'tired' and my understanding is that they baulked at the potential cost of full refurbishment. Danat, I presume, have been responsible for the refurbished foyer area and new carpets but the place is now in need of some serious tlc - basic bedrooms are large and beds extremely comfortable but the bathrooms are so 'old hat' and 2* star quality at best. A/C unit noise is minimal. The loungers by the recreation pool area are also old-fashioned and uncomfortable, the 'Horse and Jockey' decoration looks as though it was done by a 'community service' order group of people. 'Faded glory' sums up much about this hotel. In addition, officially, you have to pay for internet access - why? I had problems with internet access (which I paid for as part of a business upgrade) and this took almost four days to be resolved! Having tried duty managers and IT managers, I finally decided I had to to approach the general manager for help - problem solved! Egyptian chap front of house manager very helpful and friendly.
However, service is generally excellent and staff throughout the hotel quickly get to know you - trying their best to make you feel welcome - particularly front of house and those with management responsibilities, including of the various eating areas. The men in suits in the breakfast area are efficient - which is more then can be said of some of the table staff! There is a good range of food though at breakfast.
The key strength of this hotel is its situation and outdoor and physical recreation facilities - there is sufficient space for you to chill either alone or with colleagues - much less cramped than the Hilton or the Rotana (both of which have undergone refurbishment).

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool area not particularly good in terms of light pollution/potential noise
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Ahmed M, General Manager at Danat Al Ain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of Danat Al Ain Resort team, we would like to thank you for your precious time enlightening the Business & Leisure travelers about your experience with our Resort. Your sincere comments and observations are highly appreciated. We are delighted that you liked our room, restaurants and pleased to know that you have enjoyed the hotel services and facilities, I have personally shared your warm words of compliments to the teams who have impressed you with their professionalism and dedication.
Meanwhile, as you have noticed we continue upgrading and renovating the Hotel with the minimum disturbance to our guest and regular clients. We would like to thank you for the recommendations you have made and hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Danat Al Ain Resort soon!

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Its my first time to stay in this Hotel and booked only for one night and I extend for 2 more nights to enjoy my stay. Upon arrival I was warmly greeted by Ahmad of reception and I was upgraded to a nice room that makes my stay more comfortable with nice outside view and for my extension stay I was assisted by Jocelyn of reservation through telephone conversation with friendly manner. The restaurant called arabesque has a good selection of food and the staff are very friendly...For sure I will suggest your Hotel if anyone wants to spend their time to relax and enjoy the stay.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Ahmed M, General Manager at Danat Al Ain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear Jackielou M,

Thank you for taking the time to share your great experience on Trip advisor following your recent stay at the Danat Al Ain Resort
I am very glad to hear that you had a cherished time while staying with us. We are delighted that you liked the hotel services, Pool, the Arabesque restaurants, the surrounding views and the staff attitude. I have personally passed on your warm words of compliments to the team who has impressed you with their professionalism and dedication; these will definitely go a long way in inspiring all of us to ceaselessly provide our valued guests the highest standards of service we uphold.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing Danat Al Ain Resort as a good place to relax and for recommending us to other travelers. I hope that this will only be the first of your many more visits to come.
Yours sincerely

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

It is the only resort in al ain in term of swimming pools and gardens...the old intercont is now newer and in better shape and service as a danat..although the old touch is still there especially the elevators and bathroom style..overall is a good hotel with very helpful staff especially in the restaurant and the banquet staff samar and nicole..

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear Sara K,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful feedback on Trip Advisor.
It such a pleasure receiving heartfelt and positive feedback from our guest's stay, most especially for recognizing the excellent service and hospitality provided to you by Samar and Nicole. Rest assured that such praises will be shared to the rest of the team, meanwhile, as we continuously strive to improve our service and facilities, only through comments provided by our valued guests we will be able to do so.
Once again thank you for staying at Danat Al Ain Resort and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Finding it was simple enough, just follow your satnav. My Fiancee and I was looking for a short break as I just moved back from Bahrain to the UAE.
From a friends advice we made bookings for 4 days, the price was very reasonable, and I was a bit "iffy" about it.
As we turned up, we found the really lovely, breath taking property. Greeted by the many bell men dressed in gold trimmed uniforms, we were quickly ushered to the reception desk, where we got checked in quite quickly.
The bell men then guided us to the elevator and we went up, our bags turning up separately.

The views from the room was amazing, with lush greeneries around, there were a kiddies water park, a big swimming pool and villas that could be seen from the balcony.
As we did our little tour we found several restaurants bars and pubs ( all together about 9 places of eatery and refreshments).
Notable places were the Luce an Italian themed restaurant, very ambient, lovely view and delicious food. The Arabeque was an experience, a must try restaurant.
For a game of pool a few nibbles and a few pints before starting off the evening, then SHOOTERS is the room to go- a pool hall with a bar and dart boards, with really cool staffs.

A few of our evenings were spent in the Horse and Jockey Pub, not just for the taste of a British environment, but the food was good and there was a resident band playing amazing music.
One could just relax by the pool sipping a few cocktails down just as well, from the very lovely Blue Oasis pool bar.

There is too many things about this place to write about, as it has meeting rooms and function halls as well. For us it was what we were hoping for from a weekend, relaxation, fun, good food and an amazing memory.
Thumbs up for this place, we will definitely be heading back soon.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool/ kiddies water park tends to be a little busy and carries a bit of noise, but the doors are good to keep the noise down. These rooms have good views but the down side of the pool activities with noise.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Delley01,

Thank you for the time you have taken to write this extensive and truly great review of our resort on TripAdvisor.
I am very glad to hear that you and your fiancée had a cherished time while staying with us. We are delighted that you liked the hotel services, Pools, kids play areas, restaurants and the staff attitude. I have personally passed on your warm words of compliments to the team.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing Danat Al Ain Resort as your place of retreat and for recommending us to your dear once and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the foreseeable future.
Yours truly,
Ahmed Margoushy

Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed a few days here, while working at the UAE University. It was a wonderful place to relax at the pool after work, or use the gym. The restaurants are rather limited, but food is well presented and tasty. I would stay here if I returned.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Ahmed M, General Manager at Danat Al Ain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of Danat Al Ain Resort team , we would like to thank you for your precious time enlightening the Business & Leisure travelers about your experience with our services & facilities. Your sincere comments and observations are highly appreciated. We are delighted that you enjoyed the hotel services, Pool, restaurants and the Gym, looking forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.