I love the Mercure chain, I've stayed in them all over the world as I like the idea that each is of the same high standard. This place fails the standard.
Looking past the out of date decor - needs an upgrade pronto. The pool is nice, but loungers need a clean and towels are threadbare.
What really lets the place down is the rude staff. The check in was rude, pen and paper thrown at me, telling me to fill in. Once done, room card handed over in similar fashion. Room number?? Where is it located??
Once in the room, it was a smoking room, I specified Non smoking. Rang the desk who weren't happy to help, but did offer a new room, but it wouldn't be as nice!! I kid you not, that's what he said. Security came with a new card and I left to find the new room.
Next, went to the restaurant to see what was an offer, yes it was busy, some tables were reserved, but not all of them and it was only 8 pm. The lady was taking us to a table when a guy - I assume he was the manager - swept passed us, kissed the bloke behind us on his cheek and ushered him to the table we were about to sit at! Right, In front of us!! Snootily he turned to my husband and asked him what he was after, oddly enough we wanted to eat. He told us we should've booked as they were busy, we told him we were hotel guests and we could see not all the tables were reserved - like the one he just sat his 'friend' at. He said it didn't matter. So we decided to leave , as we were leaving, he then found a table for us, but it was too late, no way would we be eating anything there. All this on the first day.
We asked about WiFi, no they didn't do it - even though our IPads, tablets, phone, told us it was available, we just needed to buy it. But it was free in the lobby, great and we could use the wired access in our room on a laptop. I told him, we didn't bring one and the guy sneered and said 'You don't have a laptop?'!! I told him this is the 21st Century, no one uses old technology like laptops any more.
I've been all over the world, stayed in no star and 7 star hotels, this was the worst service I've ever had to PAY for.
It's sad because we will be staying in the area regularly, we'll be using Hilton from now on.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mercure Grand Jebel Hafeet with 124 rooms is a unique mountain oasis resort, located at 915 m on Hafeet Mountain, just a 2hr drive from Abu Dhabi and Dubai. With refined authentic architecture reflecting the magic atmosphere of the region, the hotel offers 2 restaurants, a coffee shop and a bar with breathtaking views of the city. There are also various meeting facilities and recreational activities available such as a health club, 3 swimming pools with water slides, mini golf and a kids playground. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, ACCOR, LoveHolidays, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure Grand Jebel Hafeet Al Ain reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Grand Jebel Hafeet Al Ain Hotel Al Ain
- Mercure Al Ain
- Accor Al Ain
- Mercure Grand Jebel Hafeet Al Ain Emirate Of Abu Dhabi