“Very Sad experience, location is the best thing about the place.”

Mercure Grand Jebel Hafeet Al Ain
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Al Ain
Reviewed 16 August 2014

I love the Mercure chain, I've stayed in them all over the world as I like the idea that each is of the same high standard. This place fails the standard.
Looking past the out of date decor - needs an upgrade pronto. The pool is nice, but loungers need a clean and towels are threadbare.
What really lets the place down is the rude staff. The check in was rude, pen and paper thrown at me, telling me to fill in. Once done, room card handed over in similar fashion. Room number?? Where is it located??
Once in the room, it was a smoking room, I specified Non smoking. Rang the desk who weren't happy to help, but did offer a new room, but it wouldn't be as nice!! I kid you not, that's what he said. Security came with a new card and I left to find the new room.
Next, went to the restaurant to see what was an offer, yes it was busy, some tables were reserved, but not all of them and it was only 8 pm. The lady was taking us to a table when a guy - I assume he was the manager - swept passed us, kissed the bloke behind us on his cheek and ushered him to the table we were about to sit at! Right, In front of us!! Snootily he turned to my husband and asked him what he was after, oddly enough we wanted to eat. He told us we should've booked as they were busy, we told him we were hotel guests and we could see not all the tables were reserved - like the one he just sat his 'friend' at. He said it didn't matter. So we decided to leave , as we were leaving, he then found a table for us, but it was too late, no way would we be eating anything there. All this on the first day.
We asked about WiFi, no they didn't do it - even though our IPads, tablets, phone, told us it was available, we just needed to buy it. But it was free in the lobby, great and we could use the wired access in our room on a laptop. I told him, we didn't bring one and the guy sneered and said 'You don't have a laptop?'!! I told him this is the 21st Century, no one uses old technology like laptops any more.
I've been all over the world, stayed in no star and 7 star hotels, this was the worst service I've ever had to PAY for.
It's sad because we will be staying in the area regularly, we'll be using Hilton from now on.

Room Tip: Go to the Hilton, it's only a little more expensive, but the staff there know how to treat guest...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jackiemcmorn
Hani A, General Manager at Mercure Grand Jebel Hafeet Al Ain, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear Ms.McMorn

First of all, I would like to apologize on behalf of all the team for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay with us.

I would like to thank you for your comments which have definitely driven us toward a better improvement in our service and quality, and I assure you that a meeting was held with all the Head of Departments concerned and action had taken place in order to make sure not having this repeated in the future with our guests.

I will highly appreciate to have your contact details on my email H3573-GM@accor.com, in order to have the pleasure of communicating with you and make up to you and your family after such an unsatisfying experience.

I look forward to hear from you soon.

Best regards,

There are newer reviews for Mercure Grand Jebel Hafeet Al Ain

Reviewed 13 August 2014

On a mountain with better climate than Al Ain which was very hot and humid. Can stay for a day or 2 and enjoy the hotel facilities which are excellent, especially the swimming pool and slides. The bad thing was the AC in the room which was old and was not cooling even though few technicians tried to repair it. They should not give these kind of rooms till repairs are done. The hotel staff seemed to be working mechanically.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Prashanth P

Dear Mr Prasanth

Thank you so much for your detailed review! I am so disappointed that your stay was not a satisfactory one, we will sort out the areas that you pointed out we will work hard on your feedback to sort out services lapses and I do hope we have another opportunity to welcome you back one day – to demonstrate better service and facilities to you.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Wow the location of this hotel is on top of the highest climbable/ drivable mountain in the UAE. And it's the only one there. Hotel is very well positioned hospitality wise. Their staff are very educated, well spoke and helpful. Rooms are clean and spacious with amazing view where you can see the whole of AlAin city. Food with top notch quality and service. Highly recommended

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank AhmedTamerMcT

Dear Mr Ahmed

Im so glad to hear you had a’ wonderful experience with us. Thank you for your kind praise about our team members. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Hni Al Khouly

Reviewed 5 August 2014

This hotel run by the group Accor is perched on the top of the Jebel Hafeet mountain in Al Ain. It is the perfect place to unwind, rest, enjoy the true beauty and unspoiled Arabic desert. Al Ain is a quaint and quiet little town, an oasis in the middle of the Abu Dhabi region. No high rise here, no honking, no rush either and certainly no "bling bling". The hotel itself is clean with spacious rooms, with all the amenities and family oriented. The pool area is lots of fun and wherever you are the staff is smiling, courteous and helpful. We stayed for three nights and the weather although hot at this time of year is great compared to Dubai or Abu Dhabi, because not as humid! The evenings are pleasant and one can dine al fresco under the stars and listen to great music while smoking a shisha and watching a nice performance of a belly dancer. The General Manager there seems to be doing a great job! We'll definitely be back and would recommend it to our friends and family.

Room Tip: we had a room on the fifth floor at the corner.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Hani A, General Manager at Mercure Grand Jebel Hafeet Al Ain, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear Madam

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! I’m pleased to hear that you had a great experience with our resort and enjoyed your stay. We are looking forward to welcoming you back hopefully soon!.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 25 July 2014

First week of July i stayed with couple of friends in Jebel Hafeet Al Ain and here is my review divided into 3 categories Good, Bad and Ugly.

GOOD:-
-----------
1. Located in Mountain with Amazing View

2. Hotel is big and have facilities for Squash, Large size Swimming Pool with separate Kids pool and slide, Jacuzzi, Table Tennis, Snooker all in house plus have a bar and couple of restaurants.

TV Channels are also good.

3. Staff is helpful and friendly.

4. Close to Jebel Hafeet Mountain, Park and the Natural Water Pool.

Bad:-
------
5. Far from city and happening area. You will feel isolated as you will feel stuck in one place which doesnt offer much.

6. Room size is very small and in room facilities or amenities you cant compare with Dubai Mercure (Mercure Gold).

7. No Taxi available or no transport. You need to rely on your own transport or call for a taxi which will take 20 to 30 mins.

8. Drive to the park is approx 20 mins and to city or happening place is 40 to 45 mins.

9. Nothing around the hotel so you have to depend on in house facilities

10. Food prices is reasonably high

11. Restaurants outside; only one on top of mountain or you have to go down to the park where you will find Fried Chicken, Pizza Hut etc or go to City

12. In Room Internet is chargeable however lobby internet is free. In Room internet Speed is way too slow.

Ugly:-
------
13. Lot of insects around the hotel specially pool side so you have to be very careful when you going to pool or outside hotel

14. No Food Delivery means no restaurant delivers food there

15. Room quality is very bad. Plus room rates are too high compare to the other hotel in facilities.

Summary:-
- Highly priced hotel due to the location only as its located on top of mountain.
- Dont go alone at all. Take more food stuff with you which you like so you dont need to go out.
- Only stay there if you need privacy and peace of mind as if you have some meetings in town and you staying there so its a bad choice.
- Take your entertainment with you as there is nothing there to entertain
- No Night Life just a small bar with no activity
- Everything is far, dont go without your own transport.

Caiyad Phahad - Film Maker and Event Manager from UAE

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank CaiyadPhahad-TMD

Dear Mr Caiyad

I am very sorry to hear that you did not have a good stay with us. I am very sorry to hear that you did not have a good stay with us. The Mercure Grand Jebel Hafeet is truly an iconic location and its benefit is the exclusivity. I would like to assure you that we look for constructive feedback and never eliminate any comments. So we are committed to work on the areas you highlighted and hope we have another opportunity to welcome you back one day.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

i Priyanka would like to mentioned the name of the reception guy who helped me since i made my booking.i dont remember his name but he was arabic guy who check me in.he was .very helpfull..i came with my husband and stayed in 402 dont remeber exactly but it was on 4th floor i guess. ,,room was nice with such a great view.clean rooms,,breakfast was average but the guy name shyam was excellent ...he explained eveything so nicely...it was very good stay...

Room Tip: view from hotel is very nice
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Prikesh N

Dear Ms Priyanka

I am very happy to hear your stay was an exquisite one! Thank you for your wonderful review and recommendation. My team will be pleased to know that we made an unforgettable stay especially Shyam and Front Office. Please come back soon!

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Spend the weekend in before flying back home for the vacation it was like a short break but very memorable it was my first time and the kids loved it the pools were very interesting for the kids and the adults the staff were really helpful upon arrival the people at the reception were really courteous and suggested the best room and an amazing view and gave us the best service ever and also the man in the reception handed over a nice souvenir to my child who's was very happy, really loved the place and have to plan another weekend after my vacation.

Room Tip: Pool facing rooms
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Hani A, General Manager at Mercure Grand Jebel Hafeet Al Ain, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Dear Mr,MrsRozario675

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Al Ain Jebel Hafeet. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.