“Weekend Get-away”

Al Ain Rotana Hotel
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Al Ain
Reviewed 15 July 2012

Overall great hotel experience. They also provided with a complimentary cake as it was our wedding anniversary. Breakfast/dinner buffet was nice, good variety. Rooms were very clean and spacious. Only glitch was that we could hear noises from the pool/corridor (it was a pool facing room).
Special mention of staff "Farhan" who was very patient and gave us good service.

Room Tip: Opt for rooms not facing pool
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
AlAinRotana, General Manager at Al Ain Rotana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2012

Dear Ms. Mahira A,

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your time spent with us during your recent visit to AL Ain Rotana, thank you indeed for your positive comments as well as choosing our Hotel for your stay.

I apologize for the noise issues.

Thank you, I appreciate you for commenting on Mr. Farhan who was exceptional by providing you the service you expected, I will surely pass on your regards to him.

I definitely looking forward to your return to AL Ain Rotana in the nearest future whereas to celebrate the Holy season of Ramadan.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 3 July 2012

stayed in the suite for the weekend, it was comfortable and clean. Staff was very helpful and food was fabulous. The only problem we had was with the key card, it wouldn't work and they had to change it twice.
Overall very comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Sabosc,

Thank you for staying at Al Ain Rotana as well as writing a comment on a tripadvisor.

I was happy to learn that you enjoyed your time with us on your recent visit, although some shortcomings occurred with the cards, I apologize for that.

I am definitely looking forward to welcoming you back to us in the nearest future .

Best regards,

Reviewed 1 July 2012

I called the hotel a week ahead to confirm booking for a pool-facing side twin room. Hotel is located in the city center and near villas. When we arrived at the hotel, we waited more than an hour to check-in. The staff originally told us to wait for 20 minutes since the room is being cleaned but waited for 40 minutes and still none. So we asked the Guest Services Manager to be transferred to any available room if the room we requested is not ready in the next 10 minutes since husband was tired from the trip and my son is hungry. We were given another room (just imagine the wasted time of waiting). Inside the room, you can hear the loud music outside since they are having the pool party with too many people dancing and drinking. The room and bathroom is much smaller compared to other 5-star hotel. The bed can only fit in one person comfortably. Me and my two-year old son hardly fit in the bed while my husband occupied the other bed.

The pools are not that big, however the toddler pool is shaded.

At night, we can hear the baby and a toddler crying in the next room while their mother is trying to calm them, so we couldn't sleep until 1 a.m.. The rooms are not soundproof. Such a disappointment!

At night, the hotel is so crowded with people going to the bars.

Breakfast has limited choices and food is not tasty. I was caught surprised by this since other 5-star Rotana hotels have good choices for buffet breakfast.

Overall, we are not satisfied with our stay here. In my opinion, this hotel is not for family with little children, this is recommended for single people or couples who want to have fun only not relax.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family

Dear Juny2010,

Thank you for taking the time to write a trip advisor review and the detailed comments on your hotel experience. On behalf of the Al Ain Rotana team, I apologize for the inconveniences you have experienced during your stay. I have passed on your comments to the team to made sure that we’ll do our best in your next visit.

Kindly please provide us with you contact details for us to personally apologize to you by emailing it to alain.hotel@rotana.com

Once again, please accept our apologies and I hope to personally welcome you in your next visit to Al Ain Rotana.

Reviewed 28 June 2012

I chose this hotel because of the pool and I was not disappointed. When I got here, my on line booking was messed up and they couldn't find my reservation. I was getting upset but the staff offered me an upgrade to my two bed room chelet and gave me two bed room villa instead at the same price. They were helpful and apologetic even though it was not their fault. The villa was spacious and modern. The staff were hospitable and charming. We had a great time and the kids spent a lot of time in the pool. To me this is a perfect vacation retreat.

• Stayed: June 2012

Dear Falsaqr,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay at Al Ain Rotana and for your kind comments towards our facilities and service. We are glad to know that overall, you have enjoyed your stay. Your compliments will be passed on to the team and will be much appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back here at Al Ain Rotana.

Reviewed 25 June 2012

Very nice hotel!
We were upgraded to a suite, which was lovely! The bathroom was really nice, the bath had a spa! Devine!
The restaurant inside the Hotel was excellent! The dinner buffet had an amazing variety of excellent quality food. The same restaurants breakfast buffet was also good.
The pool is nice, only problem there was a bunch of naughty boys ignoring the poor life guards on duty. Nothing would make these boys behave, not even the threat of security. Rather unpleasant with our little ones in the same pool.
The staff in this hotel are something else! Wow! Everyone had smiles on their faces! Well done Rotana for keeping your employees happy! Really great service!
Keep it up!

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family

Dear Leigh O,

Your comments are music to our ears, it inspires us to to work even harder. We treasure your appreciation towards our service as it is our pride and joy to give only the best to our guests.

On behalf of the whole Al Ain Rotana team, we sincerely thank you and we be look forward to welcoming you back in Al Ain Rotana, ensuring you of a treasured and memorable stay with us.

Reviewed 20 June 2012

Booked the Rotana for a weekend stay with friends and was lucky to be upgraded to the premium wing which is new, fancy & oh so plush! The rooms were big & spacious with all the amenities you wish for when with a 5 star. The breakfast was amazing with fresh baked goodies (something I find most restaurants cheat on) and a live cooking station. The staff was also very courteous. I would definitely go back here.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Mahwish N,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am deeply pleased that you enjoyed staying with us.

Me and the team is hoping to serve you again on your next visit.

Reviewed 19 June 2012

I Visited the hotel recently with a freind and had a wonderful time. All the staff were excellent and the room service food was excellent - and very reasonable. We enjoyed the pool very much and the pool bar.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Catriona1011,

Thank you so much for your wonderful comment. Your feedback and appreciation is very much appreciated and it is my pleasure to convey your compliments on to the entire Al Ain Rotana team.

We look forward to welcoming you back here at Al Ain Rotana!