“Great Chic Hotel but I have mixed feelings”

Hili Rayhaan by Rotana
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Al Ain
Muscat, Oman
“Great Chic Hotel but I have mixed feelings”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2014

I'll start witht he positives. The hotel decor and lobby are welcoming, modern, trendy and chic being one of the newer properties in Al Ain it doesnt seem dated at all.

The checkin (although busy) was warm and the front end staff were courteous and very accomodating.

The Rooms were modern, roomy, and very tastefully done. Everything had touch-screen modern controls.

The Buffet breakfast was one of the best I've had.

The hotel is connected to the adjoining mall with a host of outlets and a big hyper market - making it most convinient.

Now the downside:

- Something was very wrong with the room service. I had asked for wine glasses and ice-bucke and I had to make 3 calls and it had still not arrived 1 hour after placing an order.

- The a/c of the room just didn't work. I was hot. I repeatedly checked the controls and it didn't work. I got housekeeping to come in and check, and although they stated that if was fixed... the problem conitnued - I must have not slept for that night (and considering I was only staying 1 night...that aspect ruined my stay)

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Hili R, General Manager at Hili Rayhaan by Rotana, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Dear Ibrahim Gailani,

Thank you very much for getting in touch with us and sharing all your experiences. I would like to thank you for bringing our shortcomings to our attention, this is not the way we want to be remembered and I had a chat with the team members concerned.
Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience cause.

Once again, we would like to thank you for sharing your pro’s and con’s with us, we hope that these will not deter you from returning and we will be able to welcome you back soon.

With kind regards,

Stephan Köhn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

I had selected Hili Rayhaan for a night stay as we had planned a visit to Hili Funcity the next morning with another family. In total we needed 5 rooms. We had only three rooms booked but it took more than an hour for the check in process to be completed and completelely destroyed our day. We had 2 rooms booked at Alain Rotana (same group) and the two seniors moved to Alain Rotana where the check in was smooth. Although the rooms were big at Hilil Rayhaan we have decided will not choose that hotel again.

Room Tip: no comments as nothing so exciting.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Hili R, General Manager at Hili Rayhaan by Rotana, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Dear Mr. Mohamed F,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused during your check-in, trust me, this is not our standard at Hili Rayhaan by Rotana.
I have talked to the concerned department heads and we will do everything possible to avoid such incidents in the future.
I do hope that you will give us a chance to show you what the true Hili Rayhaan service is about and will return to the hotel one day.

Once more, my apology on behalf of the entire team, with kind regards

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

I am writing this review after calling the hilli rayhaan bodylines (Rotana, s health club) inquiring on the membership joining fees for a single male under the summer promotion. However I was really surprised with the negative attitude and tone of the bodylines receptionist....he was really sharp by stating that they offer discounted rates for families and couples only...I tried to explain to him that they had advertised for a promotion which includes single male memebrships but he cut off my speech and advised me that they only offer families only and that my rotana rewards membership will entitle me to only a very small discount (after initially mentioning that Rotana Rewards is not included in discounts)!!!
This is by no way the expected levels of Rotana Hotels properties....I would like to personally escalate this matter to the office of the general manager to ensure that such behaviour should be looked into and to take appropriate corrective necessary action as I believe that being a single male should not be dealt with poor levels of service and ignorance.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Hili R, General Manager at Hili Rayhaan by Rotana, responded to this review, 31 August 2014
Dear RaniAyyad,

First of all thank you to bring to our attention the above incident. Further to reading your comment, I have personally tried to get in touch with your via telephone, unfortunately the number seems to be out of order.

I have also sent you a private message to get your correct contact details, however, you might not have read it yet.

We would once again like to apologies for the unfortunate incident that you experienced, and shall greatly appreciate if you could kindly contact me personally on the below number, so we can discuss about it.

Please feel free to call me on 03-705 3458 at your convenience.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

With best regards,

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

on 08/06/14 I stay at your hotel for 1 night and i stay in room 605 at the time I pay using my wife's debit card but after my wife debit card is swiped by one of the front office staff turned out to be money in my wife's debit card blocked but do not go in the end I had to pay sisitem cast with the explanation that the money within 3 days my wife would return the money but till date 14/08/14 I have not returned my wife tried to call the hotel to the brothers and they said they would check and will contact me but I been waiting no one call me to give an explanation to, up to 4 times I called and got the same response I was very disappointed with it when my wife and I are very happy and will plan to stay there again but my wife is very disappointed and last time I call and response that I can only PARTY HOTEL WE HAD TO CANCEL YOUR CREDIT AND NOW IT'S YOUR AFFAIR WITH YOUR BANK I realy disppointed

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Hili R, Director of Front Office at Hili Rayhaan by Rotana, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Dear Mr. Dita,

Warm greetings from Hili Rayhaan by Rotana Al Ain.

First of all, please accept our sincere apologies in the delay to getting back to you regarding the blocked amount from your wife’s debit card, please rest assured that we were following up with Bank on daily basis in order to release the amount as soon as they can, but unfortunately it took them a long time to release it. Once more my apology for not keeping you in the loop during this time.

I am happy that you confirmed over the phone today that the amount has been credited to Mrs. Dita’s account.

Unfortunately these reversal of Credit card payments take 2-3 weeks by experience, I just wish we would have informed you proper from the beginning.

I do hope that this incident will not deter you from staying with the Hili Rayhaan by Rotana, Al Ain in the future and as a gesture of apology, please contact me directly on your next booking and I will ensure that we take special care of you.

Once more, my sincere apology and kind regards

Firas Al Alami
Director of Front Office
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

As 5 stare hotel the rooms price exceed my expectations, the hotel provides free car parking which you can reach you room floor using the elevator, cool shower water in August which can not be find in any hotel becouse water is very hote in july and august, the hotel is attached to the Hili shopping mall with useful shops, Unfortunately the room air conditione was a little warm with complicated AC control.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Hili R, General Manager at Hili Rayhaan by Rotana, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Al Marzooqi_Mohd,

Thank you for your review, we appreciate you taken your time and hope to see you soon again at Hili Rayhaan by Rotana, Al Ain.

Kind regards,

Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

I was traveling from Abu Dhabi to Muscat and had to pass by AlAin and chose this hotel to take a break out of driving and to get a closer look to what AlAin has to offer.

I wasn't expecting that much from my stay here in Hili Rayhaan, nevertheless, I'm here writing this because the staff served me very well I owe them a good word.

Good stuff I'd like to mention:
- The hotel is connected to a small mall and a big super market. I found myself sneaking into the mall and supermarket and get me some traveling necessities before I kick the road to Oman.
- The staff were astonishingly helpful and nice. To be specific, Lok and Binod were too kind and were excited when helping me out unpacking my bicycle and luggage in and out. They also took good care of my bicycle.
- Rooms were clean and tidy, I didn't notice anything that caused any discomfort.
- Hotel is close to the Hili archaeological site. I was able to cycle and reach that site within 10 minutes.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Modhayan
Hili R, General Manager at Hili Rayhaan by Rotana, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Modhayan,

Thank you for your kind words, we really appreciate it. We hope that you liked Al Ain as well and will stay for a bit longer on your next visit. Our concierge team will assist you to keep you busy, for sure.

Kind regards,

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

We accidentally booked Hili Rayhaan over Al Ain Rotana and I'm so glad we did. As expected, Rotana nailed it again with it's high standard rooms and exemplary service. I love the grand lobby and the elevator the most.. :) in addition to that, we had a free upgrade and a free wifi!!! thanks Rotana!!! and the hotel is located beside a shopping mall too. Too bad the pool was unavailable during our visit..

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank arya1988
Dear Arya1988,

Thank you for your comments and warm words, love through an accident! We are glad you stayed with us as well and hope to see you back with us.

Warm regards,