Stayed at the Cove Rotana following receipt of an "All Inclusive Offer" and opted to try this rather than another stay at Jumeriah Beach and Atlantis in Dubai.
First impressions - Reception, very clean, attentive staff and we were all booked in and sorted very quickly. After chatting with receptionist we were upgraded to a one bedroom villa and off in the buggy to Villa number 68. Large open hall, lounge, dining area, separate kitchen, huge patio area. Large shower ensuite and bedroom upstairs with balcony off. Sounding like an estate agent now !!!
Spotless, and we are fussy. It was cleaned daily, new sheets and towels every day without asking. We had three air con units, all worked, no problem, and very very hot when we were there.
Dining at Cinnamon Restaurant, again greeted with smiles from very attentive staff. Not a huge selection, but more than enough and very well presented, hot where necessary and didn't feel like the "canteen" sort of offering like many all inclusive deals. The main theme was different every evening andf the BBQ night is not to be missed; whilst queue's stacked up, easy to see why, chef would not be rushed and food was excellent. When we didn't see somehting that we particularly wanted, like the baked cheese cake, it was delivered with a smile after asking for it.
We did not see one chip the whole week we were there..... brilliant, well done the chefs.
All inclusive deal was to eat at Cinnamon only. This disappointed us to start with, however, it does mean that you have to get up off your lazy bums and walk up to the main reception and that way you don't put on two stone having snacked every ten minutes.
Drinks were great, all inclusive gave good selection of three beers in cans, always cold, cocktails, water, other fizzy, etc.
Pools - two large pools, one freshwater, not far from the main reception, and the other which we used every day, limited sunbeds, clean and bar very close.
Having read the other reviews we were very pleased with the levels of service, food, facilities and as regular visitors to Dubai, not a "true" five star in our opinion when compared next to Jumeriah beach, it was, however, overall excellent value for money and we will be looking for future offers to stay here all inclusive.
Transfers we sorted ourselves, took the "pink top" lady cab going 225 DHs and took just over an hour, on return hotel arranged, took us about 40 minutes and hence 175 DHs. I am sure the driver had some sort of license .... more likely as a stunt-man, how they drive like that I never know !!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cove Rotana Resort is located on an idyllic water inlet on the Ras Al Khaimah beachfront, offering spectacular views over the Arabian Gulf. Just 8 km from the city centre, 20 km from the Ras Al Khaimah Airport and an 87 km drive from Dubai, The Cove Rotana Resort is an ideal destination for leisure travellers and weekend breakers. 204 rooms and 78 one, two and three bedroom Villas, 3 fully-equipped and flexible meeting rooms with the latest audio-visual equipment, 6 attractive choices of restaurants, bars and lounges, the fully equipped Bodylines leisure and fitness club, 600 metres of pristine beach, 2 swimming pools and 7 exquisitely designed massage treatment rooms are among the many facilities offered at The Cove Rotana Resort – Ras Al Khaimah. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Holiday Gems, LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, TravelUp, Expedia, Hotels.com, LateRooms, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Cove Rotana Resort Ras Al Khaimah reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cove Rotana Resort Ras Al Khaimah Hotel Ras Al Khaimah
- Cove Rotana Ras Al Khaimah