There are a lot of reviews for the Cove here already. I think the ratings are justified. I stayed at the Cove Roy between 8th September and 14th September 2012. This was a six night stay and I travelled solo for a relaxing break. I dont usually stay at resorts and did so this time for a change and because I was able to get a good rate on the room USD 100 on the room.
The cove is a few miles south of Ras Al Khaimah and is pretty unusual in that it is laid out like a village on a hill. Rooms (but there are also villas) have their own balconies and the doors enter onto little lanes that lead to the resort's amenities.
The resort has its own beach, two swimming pools, restaurants. My room was comfortable, say about six meters by three, with a hallway and a nice sized bathroom. The cove is one of a chain of hotels owned by Rotana around the region. I think many of the people staying at the hotel were on board and half board plans. It seemed popular with visitors from Germany there were a few people from the uk. Locals also use the hotel restaurants which is encouraging.
The quality of the food and service were great, really nice staff team from all over the world who were unfailingly helpful, polite and friendly. Not obviously many single travellers here so they made a point of chatting to me. Special thanks are due to Rana (from housekeeping)who did everything he could to make my staying pleasant.
I very definitely wanted a week by the pool and as I have been to UAE before wasn't too bothered about exploring. If you want to see the sites of Dubai the cove is about an hours drive away. My trip including air fares came to about £ 800. Paying for my own meals at the resort in the evening was an expensive option but the quality of service and food is really high and on balance was value for money. I really felt that the staff wanted me to have great stay. Would definitely go again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cove Rotana Resort is located on an idyllic water inlet on the Ras Al Khaimah beachfront, offering spectacular views over the Arabian Gulf. Just 8 km from the city centre, 20 km from the Ras Al Khaimah Airport and an 87 km drive from Dubai, The Cove Rotana Resort is an ideal destination for leisure travellers and weekend breakers. 204 rooms and 78 one, two and three bedroom Villas, 3 fully-equipped and flexible meeting rooms with the latest audio-visual equipment, 6 attractive choices of restaurants, bars and lounges, the fully equipped Bodylines leisure and fitness club, 600 metres of pristine beach, 2 swimming pools and 7 exquisitely designed massage treatment rooms are among the many facilities offered at The Cove Rotana Resort – Ras Al Khaimah. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, Ebookers, Holiday Gems, Booking.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Cove Rotana Resort Ras Al Khaimah reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cove Rotana Resort Ras Al Khaimah Hotel Ras Al Khaimah
- Cove Rotana Ras Al Khaimah