“a peaceful haven with sunny blue skies”

Cove Rotana Resort Ras Al Khaimah
Ranked #6 of 26 Hotels in Ras Al Khaimah
wales
“a peaceful haven with sunny blue skies”
Reviewed 7 October 2012

What a lovely holiday, spent 6 night all inc at the cove and I must agree with all who gave it great reviews (disagree with those that did not). We saw a bargain offer for this resort and took our chances having had reservation about the hotel itself based on some negative reviews and the UAE based on media reports, how wrong they were. We have stayed in some good resorts from the Caribbean and far east to Europe, but this was special. Why do I go on holiday? – to relax, and I want good food, good weather, peace and quiet and cleanliness, the Cove gives you all of these. The all inc option, if available, is great value, various drinks including cocktails, cold beer and water and fantastic food- one day for lunch I ate – smoked duck and salmon, prawns, Caesar salad washed down with a cold Amstel beer, in a lovely air con restaurant and a great selection of desserts, all served by helpful waiting staff. I feel I must thank Tarek the sous chef and the exec chef for showing me around their kitchen- it was clean, tidy and would exceed the hygiene standards of many a UK kitchen (I teach food hygiene courses)- do not worry about eating the food at the Cove. Also – no animation team, no “nagging” to join in activities, no chips on the buffet, fantastic curries on offer (as well as a range of different options). The pools were warm, the sea was like bath water, we had a basic room but it was always clean, quiet and the bed was large and very comfortable. Travelled with Emirates in economy- more leg room than others, FAR better food, wish I had discovered them before, I really do not want to travel with another airline having seen what Emirates have to offer. We have a “rule” in our holiday plans that you do not go back to the same place twice, the world is too small, but my wife wants to go back to the Cove next April (birthday time) as the weather is as good as September, I think I will start saving now because the rule is there to be broken- I really want to go back to the Rotana Cove RAK. ps this is the first time I have give top marks to a resort

5 Thank expert_relaxer
coveresort, Manager at Cove Rotana Resort Ras Al Khaimah, responded to this review, 14 October 2012
Dear expert_relaxer,

Greetings from the Cove Rotana Resort!

Thank you very much for your very positive review of your recent holiday with us at The Cove Rotana Resort. I am happy to read of your experience with our resort facilities and services and that you were especially impressed with our high hygiene standards in our kitchen as well as Culinary team. Thank you for your praise and be assured that your feedback will be shared with our colleagues. It is very pleasing to read how much you have enjoyed your time with us.

I appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences and recommending us on TripAdvisor and look forward to welcoming you back to the Cove Rotana Resort in the future.

Sunny regards,

The Executive Assistant Manager of
The Cove Rotana Resort - Ras Al Khaimah

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (343)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Runcorn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 October 2012

We recently stayed at this hotel, a bit apprehensive, after reading some reviews. We went with an open mind. The food was really good, could not go wrong with choices, something to suit everyone's taste buds. Our room. number 6027, fantastic view all around from our balcony. The room was cleaned every day, and bed was changed daily, it was kept spotless by the two boy s ( sorry do not remember their names ). Have never swam in such a warm sea, and there was no holding your breath as you entered the two pools. Most of the staff were very helpful and pleasent. We would definitely stay again. Our only complaint , 6 days was not long enough.

Room Tip: Room 6027 was an excellent, view was fantastic. No problem with noise, bed was very comfort able
2 Thank eripet
coveresort, General Manager at Cove Rotana Resort Ras Al Khaimah, responded to this review, 11 October 2012
Dear eripet,

Greetings from the Cove Rotana Resort

Thank you very much for your very positive review of your recent holiday with us at The Cove Rotana Resort. I am happy to read of your experience with our resort facilities and services and for choosing our resort among the many options available in our surrounding. It is very pleasing to read how much you have enjoyed your time with us.

lymm cheshire
Reviewed 3 October 2012 via mobile

Well what can I say just back had such a brill time rooms beautiful clean and well presented. Food lovely could not complain at all if people criticise well hard to please or what! Service excellent staff polite and extremely helpful We stayed on the lagoon catching the hotel buggy was no prob running us up and down to and from the restaurant etc. we used taxis to visit Dubai which took approx 1 hour each way but well worth it. So altogether fantastic

• Stayed September 2012
coveresort, General Manager at Cove Rotana Resort Ras Al Khaimah, responded to this review, 7 October 2012
Dear chrissym122,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences and recommending us on TripAdvisor and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Cove Rotana Resort in the future.

The Cove Rotana Resort
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 October 2012

Would recommend this resort to anyone. We had a fantastic, relaxing holiday. Hotel very clean.Food excellent.
All staff polite and helpful.
We must say a special thank you to our room cleaners and the bar captain.

Room Tip: go for deluxe with a sea view.
Dear rosaleen 1960,

Thank you for your positive feedback about your recent stay with us at The Cove Rotana Resort.

With great pleasure I read how much you enjoyed your stayed with us, especially our culinary delights and our outstanding guest services. Thank you for emphasizing the excellent services provided by our room attendants and the bar captain and be assured that your kind comment is shared with our team.

I appreciate you taking the time to recommend our resort on TripAdvisor and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Sunny regards,

Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 September 2012

I booked this holiday on the spur of the moment a few weeks ago for myself and my 22 year old son. I have to admit that I was slightly concerned, when I read some of the reviews on Trip Adviser.
I needn't have worried, because this is, without doubt, one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. We were All inclusive .....and yet I still felt that we were enjoying 5star food, drink, and service. Our room was a bungalow with a terrace overlooking the beach, where we could escape from the mid day sun, and enjoy the wonderful sunsets.
The staff were all friendly courteous, and efficient....Cinnamon(the all inclusive restaurant) offered such a varied and excellent choice of food, we didn't bother going elsewhere.....and you could eat late which we enjoyed.
The live music and ambience in the bar was great... Try a Sheesha on the terrace!
Water sports available on the beach, beach parties, and two lovely pools.
The hotel never seemed overcrowded, but always had a great atmosphere. I can't wait to go back again!!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Patricia M
Dear Patricia M,

I am very pleased to read your positive review on TripAdvisor from your recent stay with us at The Cove Rotana Resort. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and recommend our resort.

With much delight I learn that you and your son enjoyed your vacation in one of our villas and that both of you were overall impressed with the quality and service of your stay. Your gracious comments will serve as an added inspiration to consistently maintain the high standards which you have experienced during your stay with us.

Looking forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to our resort in the not too far distant future.

I remain with sunny regards,

Kuwait City, Kuwait
Reviewed 30 September 2012

I had spent 01 night in cove Rotana hotel , everything in this place is excellent
service ,rooms ,location , swimming pools, sea, restaurants
wish to try this nice experience once again , I’m going to tell all my friends about this hotel for sure.

Room Tip: most of the rooms
1 Thank basem a
Dear basem a,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your feedback after your recent stay at The Cove Rotana Resort.

With much pleasure we read that your short visit with us was such an enjoyable one and that you will share your positive experience with your friends.
Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you I will be sharing this with the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Cove Rotana Resort in the very near future and remain with sunny regards,

The Cove Rotana Resort
Kirknewton
Reviewed 29 September 2012

Hi, my husband and I stayed here for 10 nights. We arrived around 10.30 am we inquired about a villa because it was our PearI Wedding Anniversary was told the price thought that it was reasonable but when the receptionist said per night I said okay we'll not bother. I knew we would not get our apartment until 12noon so I was prepared to wait. NO NEED around 11.15am we were driven to our apartment. Well we opened the door and were gobsmacked!! The receptionist ( Richa ) had Upgraded us to our own private villa with everything we could ever need. The view from the Villa was breath taken Sunset Views Every night. We had Patio furniture with sunbeds, Towels changed every day on the beds, along with all the other housekeeping facilities taken care off. On a nightly basis the Housekeeping rang the bell and asked if there were any extra facilities we required Coffee Tea water etc. etc. The Restaurant was amazon food fabulous variety was fantastic, catered for everyone’s needs. The Laguna Bar was great the young Barman has a great personality ( Prakash ) very friendly with all the guest. The Pool attendants ( Life Guards ) Were very helpful at the start off the holiday but one morning we went for breakfast and because it was very busy at the egg counter I waited quite a while, so therefor when we got back to our sunbeds, we found that all our personal property had been taken off our sunbeds, the beds given to other guest.( German ) I was not happy to say the least, when I complained the Pool attendant said I give you these two beds which belonged to other guest that were at breakfast. I said NO I will not take someone's sunbed off them. He then got two other empty beds, (Why did he not do that in the first place for the German Guest ???? ) I would also like to give my complements to the Buggy Drivers they were very helpful every day off our holiday nothing was a bother to them. I will recommend this Resort & Spa to everyone that would like a holiday in Dubai.
Mrs C Boyle. (Scotland)

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
coveresort, Manager at Cove Rotana Resort Ras Al Khaimah, responded to this review, 11 October 2012
Dear CatherineKirknew,

Thank you for taking your valuable time to post your very positive review following your recent visit to The Cove Rotana Resort.

We are truly delighted to note that both you and your husband thoroughly enjoyed your visit to our resort on the occasion of your Pearl Wedding and are so glad that you loved the upgrade to one of our villas. I will be sure to pass on your very kind comments to all of the staff concerned and, we are most grateful for your kind feedback. With some concern I read about the small incident with the sun loungers at the pool and will have this investigated. Nevertheless, I am glad that our Pool Attendant could solve the matter rapidly to your satisfaction.

With thanks once again and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to The Cove Rotana Resort in the very near future.

The Executive Assistant Manager of