We booked in here for one night during a family holiday to Dubai, to celebrate my husband's birthday. We booked a two bedroom deluxe villa with a private plunge pool and I pre-arranged a cake for my husband, a babysitter and a massage for him.
On arrival, the staff were all excellent with our children and very friendly. Prompt transfer to the villa by golf buggy and we loved the free 24 hour buggy service.
Our villa was lovely and huge and we had a view of the beach and lagoon. My children loved feeding the fish off the deck.
We ordered room service for dinner and this was very nice.
We had breakfast in Cinnamon which was fantastic - huge choice and freshly cooked pancakes, waffles etc.
Booking a massage for my husband over email prior to arrival was easy and the staff replied promptly. My husband said the massage was very good and relaxing.
One negative thing was that the plunge pool was not heated at all and was consequently freezing in December and too cold to use so had we known this, we would have saved the extra £150 and just had a 2 bedroom villa. That was a bit disappointing and should be more clearly pointed out at booking.
Also, if I were being picky, I had to chase the cake for my husband a few times (although it was very nice when it arrived) and although I had booked a babysitter for 8pm, when we arrived we were told no babysitter would be available till 9pm (in fact our kids were sleeping so badly on our trip we cancelled the babysitter altogether so it wa not a huge inconvenience).
Finally, although the villas are in theory self-catering and have fridges, there was no cutlery, crockery, cooking utensils, microwave etc and nowhere on site to buy drinks or milk. We have a 2 year old who still has a warm milk before bed and my husband ended up having to walk to the service station on the main road to get milk for him (only other alternative was to order a glass of milk from room service) and then we had no means to warm it.
The Cove is a great escape from the hustle and bustle of Dubai etc and has good facilities and a beautiful beach but with a few small tweaks it could be a 5/5.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cove Rotana Resort is located on an idyllic water inlet on the Ras Al Khaimah beachfront, offering spectacular views over the Arabian Gulf. Just 8 km from the city centre, 20 km from the Ras Al Khaimah Airport and an 87 km drive from Dubai, The Cove Rotana Resort is an ideal destination for leisure travellers and weekend breakers. 204 rooms and 78 one, two and three bedroom Villas, 3 fully-equipped and flexible meeting rooms with the latest audio-visual equipment, 6 attractive choices of restaurants, bars and lounges, the fully equipped Bodylines leisure and fitness club, 600 metres of pristine beach, 2 swimming pools and 7 exquisitely designed massage treatment rooms are among the many facilities offered at The Cove Rotana Resort – Ras Al Khaimah. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., LateRooms, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cove Rotana Resort Ras Al Khaimah reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cove Rotana Resort Ras Al Khaimah Hotel Ras Al Khaimah
- Cove Rotana Ras Al Khaimah