We stayed for 6 days in a standard room. This is a nice hotel. It was clean and the staff very friendly and helpful. The food was good with lots of choice at both breakfast and dinner. I did however find that it was often not hot, but this is generally a problem with buffets. Due to delays at airport we did not get there until gone 12.00 on Sunday morning so missed the set dinner times, but the Cinnamon restaurant was still open and we were able to have a very late dinner.
The hotel is built on the side of a hill with a lot of steps, but there are golf buggies zooming around which you can use to get around if you want to, although we did walk everywhere.
There are two swimming pools, one heated, which was great as there was a cold wind when we were there and a bit too cold to sit on the beach.
We went to the spa twice, once for a massage and once to use the jacuzzi. The massage was great but the room the jacuzzi is in is not. There was mould on the ceiling and condensation dripping onto us when laying on the beds. Bearing in mind the fact that the hotel generally was well maintained, with rooms being painted and lots of gardeners working on the grounds, I was surprised that this area seems to have been neglected. Management - you really need to focus some energy on getting this sorted.
Overall though, a nice hotel for a short break.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cove Rotana Resort is located on an idyllic water inlet on the Ras Al Khaimah beachfront, offering spectacular views over the Arabian Gulf. Just 8 km from the city centre, 20 km from the Ras Al Khaimah Airport and an 87 km drive from Dubai, The Cove Rotana Resort is an ideal destination for leisure travellers and weekend breakers. 204 rooms and 78 one, two and three bedroom Villas, 3 fully-equipped and flexible meeting rooms with the latest audio-visual equipment, 6 attractive choices of restaurants, bars and lounges, the fully equipped Bodylines leisure and fitness club, 600 metres of pristine beach, 2 swimming pools and 7 exquisitely designed massage treatment rooms are among the many facilities offered at The Cove Rotana Resort – Ras Al Khaimah. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, TravelUp, Expedia, Hotels.com, LateRooms, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Cove Rotana Resort Ras Al Khaimah reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cove Rotana Resort Ras Al Khaimah Hotel Ras Al Khaimah
- Cove Rotana Ras Al Khaimah