“We will be back!”

Ranked #6 of 26 Hotels in Ras Al Khaimah
Suisse
“We will be back!”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

This great property sits on a seafront location away from hustle and bustle of Dubai city (approx 1h15 from the airport). Hotels architecture and layout has look and feel of a small middle eastern village. Each room is an entrance from the street and we enjoyed this feature very much. Walk to the sea, even from our 9th level was always enjoyable and you can catch a golf car if you need to get back up In a hurry. The room itself was great and featured a large balcony , which we enjoyed during a hot day and at night.

We saw many other negative reviews about the food. We are very sensitive for restaurant food and I can say that quality of ingredients is excellent. The food features local classics such as hummus and labneh. Every night there is different special - European, or Asian or middle eastern (shawarma and kebab as they should be). Here the problem is not to eat too much. We had half board option, which worked out great, since breakfast omlettes were always filling and we wanted to come hungry for dinner.

The beach is great and never crowded. The water is kind of shallow but very warm, which we did not expect in February. Check tides time - they are quite substantial in the are. Swimming pool has excellent refreshing water.

Round trip to any of the malls around will set you back 50 AED, and it is probably an easy way to see the city around you. Everyone here speaks English (more or less) and even Russian (souqs mostly).

You have pay here for Wifi, but ideally you don't want to be connected during a holiday, right? We bought a local SIM card (150 AED=1Gb) of data. It was perfect for navigation in Dubai (we rented a car) and for taking care of data intensive emergencies at work (sigh....).

Best souvenirs (both material and memory) can be found in the souqs of Deira in Dubai. Malls are a great copy of what we have back in Europe. However, dancing fountains with Burj Halifa in the background are not to be missed.
If you crave more wild nature experience, ask for an excursion to Oman's Musandam peninsula. It offers a rare glimpse to pre-oil era.

Room Tip: Take an upgrade for the premium room. Yes, it costs more but my wife's "come here, honey, l...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ElRettore
coveresort, General Manager at Cove Rotana Resort Ras Al Khaimah, responded to this review, 9 March 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We would like to thank you for your positive feedback regarding your stay at The Cove Rotana Resort and I'm glad to read that we were able to meet your expectations during your stay.

We do hope you will return to Ras Al Khaimah in the near future and look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel.

Kind regards

The Cove Rotana Resort

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (347)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Al Ain, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 27 February 2014

The Cove Rotana is an excellent resort. It is extremely peaceful and relaxing. Very good kids club. The staff are very friendly and work extremely hard to look after you. The resort is spread out over a large area, so there is plenty of space and you do not feel closed in. We look forward to visiting again.

Room Tip: The view from our room was spectacular. See photos.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
coveresort, General Manager at Cove Rotana Resort Ras Al Khaimah, responded to this review, 1 March 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We would like to thank you for your positive feedback regarding your stay at The Cove Rotana Resort and glad to read that we’re always able to meet your expectations during your stay. I would like to thank you as well for your wonderful comments and your recognition of our colleagues, which I will ensure they receive.

Thank you for your continued loyalty and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Cove Rotana Resort in the future.

Sincerely yours
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Istayed at this hotel for 2 days on a business trip related to training so I am lookiing at it as a hotel and not a resort which for personal reasons I avoid. There however comments which I believe apply equally to both.

The structure, overall design, location and concept is excellent. The views from most area of he property are sublime and in general very peaceful. The beach was fabulous and the quality of sand and the layout were lovely. Works to protect the shore and maintain the beach are very good and the control of the the waves would make it excellent for children. The swimming pools are lovely with a lot of choice.

The rooms look great from the outside with a mixture of chalets and conventional.
However, almost everything about the design of the room I found annoying which is unusual in my experience of other Rotana properties. The curtain made no pretence of shutting off the bright early sunshine, the TV was mounted on a dodgy bracket which filled me with dread and the desk was useless because the TV took up most of the space where your head would be. The internet cable was so stuff and wound so tightly that I am not surprised the wall socket was falling apart - this I contributed to. And the sockets were all mounted to close to the table/desk/cabinet to allow the plug cable to sit.
The bathroom though was a particular triumph of 'Form over Function'. The tiling made it look like a public washrom; The sink and shower tap had no markings to indicate HOT/COLD and the show splashed over to the floor making it slippery. My particular favourite in the shower though was because of the previously mentioned marking it was necessary to run the water to check the temperature but this made it impossoble to lift the shower selector(with wet hands) as it was smooth chrome. In order to lift it it needed to be gripped by the bottom of the valve which was very sharp. The toilet didn't empty its' bowl - not because the flush didn't work but because the water flow was wrong.

Check in and check out was a nightmare with one position completely hidden behind a column and the whole process very painful and slow..
There were more guests than staff but service was very slow except in the bar where our party ordered multiple dishes and drinks which were delivered with a smile.. On a positive note the food in the Cinnamon restaurant was fantastic but be warned; Unless you see the waiter bring a fresh jug of milk to the breakfast table request a new one. It is more than likely the birds will already have drunk from or bathed in the uncovered jug prior to your arrival.
If you are on a relaxing holiday maybe none of this is a problem.
This just didn't feel like a Rotana which usually are very good.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Michael W
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us at the Cove Rotana.

We hope this does not deter you from returning to The Cove Rotana Resort in the near future.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

My son and I stayed at this lovely resort for two nights and found it to be a very relaxing and peaceful getaway from Dubai. The deluxe room was ample and very comfortable with a lovely view out to the Lagoon pool and over the resort. We had previously stayed at the Waldorf Astoria down the road in Al Hamra, and I have to say, this is not of a similar 5 star quality. This is definitely a place to go with the kids. I would not enjoy sitting around the main pool if I was on a romantic weekend. The pool lounges are all taken by lunchtime, and I had the feeling that I was sitting on top of the people around me...a bit crowded and downmarket to be honest. Having said that it was perfect with my 7 year old, as he made friends and I enjoyed some lovely adult company as well. The sunsets were amazing, and the beach is nice if you get there in the morning and enjoy the low tide before the water is crashing on the stone wall that is built to keep the water from eroding the beach. My biggest gripe is the lack of wifi access. There is only paid cable access in the room (no good if you have an ipad), and the couple of times I needed the internet in the main restaurant, I had to ask for a code. Now in this day and age when you are paying top dollar to stay at a 5 star resort, I expect wifi to be free throughout the resort! It also makes it easier on the poor staff, who have to keep explaining where you can access, for how long, how much etc etc. Ridiculous! If the resort advertises itself as a technology free zone (no TV, mobile phones etc) it would be fine, and you would come here to completely switch off. My husband was in hospital on the other side of the world, and I was not able to contact him easily. This was very frustrating. Please change your system Cove Rotana, and you will be almost perfect :)

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view, otherwise you may be staring at another building
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Katrina H
coveresort, General Manager at Cove Rotana Resort Ras Al Khaimah, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your valuable feedback on your recent stay with us.

We are delighted to read your general positive feedback on our hotel facilities. Please accept my sincere apologies for your disappointment with regards to the Wifi access, kindly note that we are in the process of upgrading our internet services.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We were looking forward to a 'get away from it all' break in the sun for a week to get away from rainy old England, but unfortunately, this wasn't quite the relaxing break we were after. Management need some training on good customer service - it seemed like we only got responses to our reasonable requests (the transfer to the airport that was inclusive on our deal for example) after we made a bit of a fuss.

My room (in the 6000 sector) was very noisy until well into the night with constant banging and the sound of the golf buggies zooming up and down the road. The rooms aren't sound proofed, and I didn't sleep well during my stay.

The food was fairly average, although the catering staff were generally lovely. Waiting staff were smiley, but you had to wait ages for them to bring drinks.

There was only one heated pool, which everyone was at because it was February - I felt they should have heated the other pool, too.

The gym and massage facilities were nice, but the resort would benefit from an organised programme of events like aqua aerobics, beach volleyball, yoga classes etc. Some kind of evening entertainment would also have been appreciated on at least a couple of nights of the week.

The resort is pretty, and we didn't find the golf buggies were needed much unless you felt ill or tired! It was pleasant to walk around in the sunshine. The heated pool was lovely and we camped out there for most of the week, although staff were very strict about only allowing each guest two towels per day! It seemed like there were a lot of rules and issues which didn't make it as relaxing as it could have been.

It was a pleasant enough holiday but we wouldn't go there again. I think it could and should do better.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us at the Cove Rotana.

With much regret I learnt that your stay was not a satisfactory one. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused and be assured that each point was discussed with our Department Heads to avoid re-occurrence. I can assure that the service you experienced is not up usual high standards of the hotel. We aim to provide the best possible service and not only meet, but even exceed the guests’ expectations.

Again, please accept our sincere apologies, and I do hope to welcome you back to convince you of our otherwise fine service

Reviewed 24 February 2014

We went to the Cove Rotana and purchased their Valentine's package, inclusive of a beach massage, dinner and overnight stay. Excellent value for money and fantastic hotel.

As it was an extremely busy weekend, it was great to see Kosta Adamakis from the Front Office Department driving guests on the hotel golf carts. All staff were under more stress than usual and he still made us feel like the most important people at the hotel.

We were upgraded to a premium suite overlooking the beach (highly recommend booking a suite over a standard room, different atmosphere). The mattress and pillows were superb but we were disappointed to find that two power sockets were not functional. Due to the beach location, we chose to call reception for a golf cart for transport to dinner and check-out. Waiting time was no more than 2 minutes each time. This way you are also able to get a good idea on the hotel layout. There are two infinity pools (one heated) as well as the beach. All areas are great for kids and adults as there is a bar, volleyball at the beach and table tennis at the pools.

Dinner was somewhat disappointing as I am a lover of food and did not find the food quality impressive. This however, is not a reflection on the staff as they were quite concerned when we did not finish the course and brought additional food to better the experience. I would definitely try this restaurant again as I am certain the normal menu would have more variety. On a brighter note, breakfast is wonderful, in particular the waffles. The gentleman serving the waffles and crepes went the extra mile and even brought me fresh cream from the kitchen.

Overall, I would most definitely visit the Cove Rotana again. It is an amazing location with a welcoming design and phenomenal service.

Room Tip: Premium suite facing the beach towards the left corner when facing the beach
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your positive review of your recent stay at The Cove Rotana Resort.
It is very pleasing to read how much you have enjoyed your time with us and we were able to offer you and upgrade. Your feedback about Kosta will be shared with entire team as well your wonderful comments and your recognition of our colleagues.
Your kind comment with regards to the food quality has been discussed with concerned department.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Cove Rotana Resort in the future.

Sincerely yours
Asia
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I stayed there with family for a night. A great view of the Arabian Gulf as we enter the hotel. Concierge and GSA are all very helpful and polite to start with. The rooms are ok , very small considering that one pays AED 850 per night however location is just mesmerizing. We had a quick snack at Breezer ( Beach Bar), drinks were good but the food was terrible. Amazing to see that with such a beautiful property but the dine in options are horrendous. We then tried looking at the buffet at Cinnamon which was not only horrible to look but also it felt that a Chef is needed to refresh the buffet. The most un appetising part of the buffet was the dessert , i felt that there is no direction and those are done by some apprentice. We ended up having dinner at Basilico which was empty with 2 tables only. Ambience is great but the food is terrible as we paid AED 600 for 4 persons which am ok till the time food is worth it but it was a complete rip off. Service was even awful as the restaurant was empty but staff had no sort of anticipation.
The only good thing was the room service which was fast , efficient and up to mark.
Breakfast next morning was worst i have had in ages. Everything was old , again lacked supervision and direction and mushrooms were discoloured as they had stayed in there since 6 am and am sure chef cooked at 4 am.
Also, french toast under heating lamp ,,,, total disaster, dry and terrible as same was quiche.

With a great pool, great front office staff, its sad to see the f&b options. Executive chef and F&B manager really need to look into their operation and management as well needs to look into the overall offering for dine in which is dead, old and boring.

I might only recommend everyone to only stay there but strictly look into other dine in options as its a complete rip off and terrible.

Room Tip: Rooms are great but stay away from the dine in options even if you get a better deal
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Aki D
coveresort, General Manager at Cove Rotana Resort Ras Al Khaimah, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay with us at The Cove Rotana Resort.

We are glad that you enjoyed our facilities and attentive & friendly service of our colleagues. However, we sincerely apologize that the food is not up to your liking, your valued comments are noted and will be shared with our team members concerned.

We hope that this not deter you from coming back to The Cove Rotana Resort.