This great property sits on a seafront location away from hustle and bustle of Dubai city (approx 1h15 from the airport). Hotels architecture and layout has look and feel of a small middle eastern village. Each room is an entrance from the street and we enjoyed this feature very much. Walk to the sea, even from our 9th level was always enjoyable and you can catch a golf car if you need to get back up In a hurry. The room itself was great and featured a large balcony , which we enjoyed during a hot day and at night.
We saw many other negative reviews about the food. We are very sensitive for restaurant food and I can say that quality of ingredients is excellent. The food features local classics such as hummus and labneh. Every night there is different special - European, or Asian or middle eastern (shawarma and kebab as they should be). Here the problem is not to eat too much. We had half board option, which worked out great, since breakfast omlettes were always filling and we wanted to come hungry for dinner.
The beach is great and never crowded. The water is kind of shallow but very warm, which we did not expect in February. Check tides time - they are quite substantial in the are. Swimming pool has excellent refreshing water.
Round trip to any of the malls around will set you back 50 AED, and it is probably an easy way to see the city around you. Everyone here speaks English (more or less) and even Russian (souqs mostly).
You have pay here for Wifi, but ideally you don't want to be connected during a holiday, right? We bought a local SIM card (150 AED=1Gb) of data. It was perfect for navigation in Dubai (we rented a car) and for taking care of data intensive emergencies at work (sigh....).
Best souvenirs (both material and memory) can be found in the souqs of Deira in Dubai. Malls are a great copy of what we have back in Europe. However, dancing fountains with Burj Halifa in the background are not to be missed.
If you crave more wild nature experience, ask for an excursion to Oman's Musandam peninsula. It offers a rare glimpse to pre-oil era.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cove Rotana Resort is located on an idyllic water inlet on the Ras Al Khaimah beachfront, offering spectacular views over the Arabian Gulf. Just 8 km from the city centre, 20 km from the Ras Al Khaimah Airport and an 87 km drive from Dubai, The Cove Rotana Resort is an ideal destination for leisure travellers and weekend breakers. 204 rooms and 78 one, two and three bedroom Villas, 3 fully-equipped and flexible meeting rooms with the latest audio-visual equipment, 6 attractive choices of restaurants, bars and lounges, the fully equipped Bodylines leisure and fitness club, 600 metres of pristine beach, 2 swimming pools and 7 exquisitely designed massage treatment rooms are among the many facilities offered at The Cove Rotana Resort – Ras Al Khaimah. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Holiday Gems, Expedia, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, 5viajes2012 S.L., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Cove Rotana Resort Ras Al Khaimah reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cove Rotana Resort Ras Al Khaimah Hotel Ras Al Khaimah
- Cove Rotana Ras Al Khaimah