The hotel is amazing - the views and the concept are superb. However, like so much else in the Emirates and the Gulf countries, the glitz and glamour soon fades to reveal the lack of substance.
I got an upgrade from a regular room to a 1 bedroom villa on the lagoon, which I cannot complain about. The views from the room were amazing and I would love to come back here with my wife for a romantic long weekend. The villa was comfortable and well laid out, and not over the top. It also had a nice balcony from the mezzanine level bedroom and a large terrace leading from the lounge, both offering incredible views. The resort has a relaxed and comfortable/luxurious feel, without being stuffy and pretentious.
The drawback to being located at the lagoon is that it is a mission getting up the hill to reception, the car park, the coffee shop, and the restaurants. You need to call for a pick-up which takes at least 10 minutes to arrive. That said, the staff are always pleasant and eager to help when they do arrive.
The staff at the restaurants are attentive and well trained but it is very difficult to get their attention when the restaurants get busy. There just don’t seem to be enough staff to cover the restaurants when they get busy.
Price of the food is normal for a resort of this type and the quality is a 4 out of 5. Accommodation costs are steep though – a regular room runs over $300 a night before taxes (10%) and surcharges (an additional 10%). I shudder to think what the 1 bedroom villa cost. So, hardly value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cove Rotana Resort is located on an idyllic water inlet on the Ras Al Khaimah beachfront, offering spectacular views over the Arabian Gulf. Just 8 km from the city centre, 20 km from the Ras Al Khaimah Airport and an 87 km drive from Dubai, The Cove Rotana Resort is an ideal destination for leisure travellers and weekend breakers. 204 rooms and 78 one, two and three bedroom Villas, 3 fully-equipped and flexible meeting rooms with the latest audio-visual equipment, 6 attractive choices of restaurants, bars and lounges, the fully equipped Bodylines leisure and fitness club, 600 metres of pristine beach, 2 swimming pools and 7 exquisitely designed massage treatment rooms are among the many facilities offered at The Cove Rotana Resort – Ras Al Khaimah. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Holiday Gems, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Expedia, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, LateRooms, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Cove Rotana Resort Ras Al Khaimah reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cove Rotana Resort Ras Al Khaimah Hotel Ras Al Khaimah
- Cove Rotana Ras Al Khaimah