Ras Al Khaimah Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Capital Hotel(Ras Al Khaimah)
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Bin Majid Mangrove(Ras Al Khaimah)
View Hotel
Hayat Plaza Hotel(Ras Al Khaimah)
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
  • Pool
Tulip Inn Ras Al Khaimah(Ras Al Khaimah)
View Hotel
City Hotel(Ras Al Khaimah)
View Hotel
All reviewslocal weddinglawn tennisclean tidyfive nightsstayed nightsdecent hotelhalf termgolf clubcomfortable bedspleasant stayshort stayasian restaurantras
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Me together with my family (2 kids) stayed in this hotel last weekend. Availed their promo in cobone for 299 aed only with free breakfast and dinner and 2 dreamland tickets (so good to be true). The promo sounds really good and value for money. If you don't have budget and wants to go somewhere over the weekends, then this hotel is good for you.

These are the reasons why we had a terrible stay there:

- the room is very old, very dark, curtain and bedsheets makes the room darker and scary.
- I am not comfortable on the bed and being alone. I feel someone is with us on that room. The ambiance doesn't feel very welcoming.
- toilet is so ordinary, we didn't even take a bath there coz we are not really comfortable.
- bedsheets are smelly, smell like old people. funny but this is really true. i don't think they are using detergent soap??
- We didn't enjoy our free dinner buffet because food are only few mostly Indian food
- swimming pool looks old and small. I don't think it can accommodate all their guests to fit on their pool
- Dreamland promotion - the hotel is very far to dreamland. Location wise, not ideal to stay. 30 minutes ride going to dreamland from the hotel.
- Their waiting are or lobby is a smoking area too. they should have a separate room.
- Wifi in the room is not free
- Service was very slow. 30 minutes before they will give your request.

Good points, staffs are friendly.

I am not here just to say bad things about this hotel. I am writing this so it will give attention to their management on what are the experiences of their guests during their stay. I do believe that this hotel have potential, just need to improve the quality of some areas like the color of their curtains, the lighting so the ambiance will change and guests will feel more relax. It seems that they just had a good edits on their pictures over the net which helps the guests to attract more and try their hotel.

But for me, I'd better pay 700aed to 1,000 aed to a hotel and get a good, comfortable stay which we can relax then paying 299 aed (+100 aed charge for weekends) and always feel disappointment. I am not expecting too much since this is only a 3 star hotel. But the only way that your guests will have a satisfaction is the food and the ambiance of the room.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank LovingFoodnTrips
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We actually stayed in this hotel because of the Groupon deal we bought. It's a one night stay with free two admission tickets from Dreamland Aquapark. But spending the weekend in the aquapark is what we really bought. We spent the whole day in Dreamland and check in late night just to consumed our 1 night stay.
We are a big group consist of my husband, my two babies, nanny and group of my friends, total of 12 persons; six (6) rooms booked.
Service was average I must say. Staff are serious, not rude but nor friendly. Lobby smells smoke and cigarettes with a very small and old elevator. Location is far and hard to find; thanks to my GPS. No amenities except to the very old swimming pool.

Buffet dinner and breakfast just ok, nothing special.

Room are small and old. very very dark (dark ambiance, dark curtains and bed sheet etc.) and smell funny. We felt very uncomfortable the moment we step in. Toilet is poor, the tub is small and very old. There a hole in the toilet near the tub so you feel uncomfortable when taking bath.

Overall, this hotel needs renovation big time.
We will not comeback again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Gladice812
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Booked one night for weekend break. Staff is friendly and we were offered breakfast included in the room rate although this was not included when we booked. The hotel is old and unfortunately the rooms, lifts and overall appearance is dated. Carpets and furniture desperately requires an overall and facelift. The rate per night is lower than the average - but the reason is evident when you enter the hotel.

Room Tip: Not recommended
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ben G
Reviewed 17 September 2013

An old hotel that is been rennovated now with a new crew, in RAK is a great budget hotel. For the price you pay, it is good.
A very decent swimming pool with a relaxing area as the hotel in built on a mountain and it gives a great view of the city along with a nice breeze.
The best part of the hotel is the food, it was great for the price you pay. The daily lunch / dinner buffet is really good. It had everything that you need and it was like AED 65. We had ordered some a la carte in seafood and it didnt disappoint. It did show in the dining area as it was pretty full with families on waiting to grab tables
A nice place to visit for a relaxing meal!!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank FoodiePhili
Reviewed 31 August 2013

The staff were so helpful and friendly. In the dining room especially Mark and Analyn just couldn't do enough for you. We stayed 10 nights on an all inclusive basis and the choice of food was great, tasted good and varied well every day. We arrived at 10am after a night flight but our room was ready and we slept most of the afternoon which was needed. The room was a decent size containing 2 double beds. AC was on constantly and not just when you are in the room. I guess the building is a little dated as others have stated but I didn't really notice. The pool is large and never seemed too busy as I think lots of guests used the free bus to the resort every day.

There is also a free bus taking 90 minutes to the Dubai Mall, but be aware if you wish to take it more than once, there is a charge of 100 Dirhams, approx £20 per person.

You do get access to the 2 other Hilton's in RAK. The doubletree is walking distance and has a roof garden with a bar, pool and amazing view of the city. The resort is a much more modern hotel, with several fresh and salt water pools and access to the beach. All inclusive means you can get lunch over there and there is even more choice.

Temperature in August pretty much always tops 40C and sometimes even 50C, and doesn't drop much at night. Luckily the whole hotel is air conditioned as are most of the public buildings.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple