“Business trip”

Ranked #4 of 26 Hotels in Ras Al Khaimah
Ras Al-Khaimah, United Arab Emirates
“Business trip”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Excellent location, very nice hotel, friendly staff clean, complimentary cookies are so good. I love coming to Ras Al-Khaimah and always make sure i stayed in this hotel. After every trip to Ras Al-Khaimah my friend will always asked me "where did you stay?" and i would always say "where else my favorite hotel Double Tree".

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

2 Thank Brent S
Ramy L, Director Of Operation at Doubletree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah, responded to this review, 16 March 2014
Dear Brent S ,

Many thanks for your comments further to your stay at the DoubleTree By Hilton Ras Al Khaimah.

Ramy Latif

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 February 2014

My family and I have just spent 9 days in RAK escaping the awful weather in the UK.

I know the UAE well but not RAK, so this was a bit of a voyage of discovery where this particular Emirate is concerned. With 5 of us to accommodate and a budget to keep to I opted for the Doubletree, following the positive reviews I had read. I can safely say that it exceeded all of our expectations and as a Hilton Diamond Card holder I have stayed in a lot of Hilton properties around the world against which to make the comparison.

The hotel is modern, clean and the rooms well appointed, with plenty of space. The breakfast was excellent. Rooftop bar is great for a sundowner. Plenty of Wi-Fi for the kids. The positivity and friendliness of the staff were what really shone out though. We felt really welcome.

The hotel is about 2 miles from the coast but there is a regular free shuttle bus that takes you to the Hilton beach resort, where you get free access to the facilities there (very good beach). We had a hire car and I would encourage you to consider this option, as it's pretty inexpensive and means that day trips to places like Dubai, or just a detour to a local Mall for some groceries is a lot easier. It was a great deal cheaper to stay at the Doubletree than the Hilton beach resort, hence doing things this way around.

No real negatives to report other than prices at the beach club that border on the extortionate - 20AED for a soft drink, for example (2AED for the same drink in a local restaurant). The prices at the Doubletree are a little more reasonable during happy hour each evening, with 30% off drinks. We ate at local restaurants in the main though - excellent Lebanese around the corner and other options around town.

As for RAK, it's very different to Dubai or Abu Dhabi. Kind of reminds me of how those places used to be. You don't get the assault on the senses you do with Dubai but at the end of the day if it's a beach holiday that you're essentially looking for it's about half the cost of it's more well know neighbours and you actually get of a feel for the region as whole.

If we find ourselves back in RAK again we'll certainly be looking to stay at the Doubletree once more - it ticked every box for us.

Room Tip: Some rooms are configured as suites with a sofa bed and two bathrooms - a good option if you have ol...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Andy H
Ramy L, Director of Operation at Doubletree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah, responded to this review, 2 March 2014
Dear Andy H,

Thank you for your kind comments on TripAdvisor with regards to your recent stay.

Your comments are so detailed and I appreciate taking your time to give your fantastic feedback to us.
At DoubleTree by Hilton, we pride ourselves on providing all of our guests warm and attentive service and in particular our HHonors members.
I have already conveyed your feedback to the team who will be glad to know that his efforts contributed to your enjoyable stay.

I truly hope to welcome you back in the not so distant future. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you require any assistance in the future.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

Second time here. Rooms clean and large, close to mall and where the RAK half marathon is held, good sauna and spa (and a massage after the race was very welcome!). A very good, we'll staffed hotel and very conveniently located.

Suggestion for management: most folks staying at the hotel on race weekend are there to run... Perhaps have a wider assortment of carb heavy dishes on offer (eg. Pasta station) the night before and after the race. No one wants to eat burgers the night before a big run.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Pomacentrus
Ramy L, Director of Operation at Doubletree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah, responded to this review, 22 February 2014
Dear Pomacentrus,

Thank you very much for choosing DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah during your recent stay .
I am delighted to learn that you have enjoyed the hotel location , the overall facilities and service extended from the team.
I have already conveyed your feedback to the team who will be glad to know that their efforts contributed to your enjoyable stay.

Appreciating your advice regarding the Pasta station and definitely will be considered in the coming years arrangements.

I truly hope to welcome you back in the not so distant future

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

Great Value for money hotel. Had a good time minus a few irritants

Positives:

- Affordable
- Clean
- Friendly staff
- Great view (from the sea facing room and the roof)
- decent breakfast
- good facilities ( gym, swimming pool with great views, spa)

Negatives:

Things one comes to expect from a 4 star hotel as given wither weren't there or had to asked:

- No Valet ( put me off a bit as soon as I arrived)
- I had to ask the concierge to pick up luggage, which you expect to be picked up automatically
- No bathroom slippers and complimentary toiletries which again I had to ask.
- the most annoying part was the staff ib dining area who kept disturbing me during my breakfast due to some confusion whether it was included in the package (which it was) and despite me repeatedly saying I will sort it out after im done, she came twice to clarify.
- A/c was a bit noisy but not big a deal

suggestions:
- Up the decor in the roomd a bit
- basic things expected from a 4 star hotel shouldn't need to be asked

To be fair the senior staff did make up for the shortcomings and were very friendly.

overall I recommend.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Emad K
Ramy L, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah, responded to this review, 22 February 2014
Dear Emad K,

Thank you very much for choosing DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah during your recent stay and glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.
I was very concerned to read your comments which reflect dissatisfaction of the valet parking and Concierge service .Your comments have been passed to the Front Office Manager to take further improvement steps.
Your feedback on the bathroom amenities and the slippers was communicated to the Executive Housekeeper for a corrective action.
On behalf of the entire staff and Management, I would like to sincerely apologize for the misunderstanding regarding your meal plan and measure will be taken to avoid such inconvenience to our valuable guests in the future.
Please contact me directly when planning your next visit, I will handle your reservation and will personally ensure you receive the level of service you are accustomed to at the DoubleTree By Hilton.

Athens, Greece
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Beautiful hotel with spacious and relaxing rooms. Very convenient location...

However, what really makes the difference is the staff... Everyone is so pleasant to deal with! From the time we arrived at the hotel until the moment we left, they tried their best to make our stay an unforgettable experience.

Special thanks to Ruth from reception for her usual assistance with our requests...

We will definitely come back soon….

Room Tip: Excellent recreation facilities on top floor...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank OrsaliaD
Ramy L, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Dear OrsaliaD ,

I truly hope to welcome you back in the not so distant future

Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 17 February 2014

My husband and myself spent a week in the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah, UAE on 5-12 February 2014. We found the hotel very clean and tidy, staff friendly and helpful, location very convenient, breakfast good enough, bed very comfortable . The Hilton shuttle bus was very nicely scheduled for a free 5min - ride to the beautiful beach of the Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa 5*, Manar Mall (daily) and Dubai (weekly). Free Internet in the lobby and in the business center (with 3 computers). Nice SPA, gym and swimming pool on the roof. Real value for money which I can recommend to my friends.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

1 Thank Moscow_RussiaIrina
Dear Moscow_RussiaIrina ,

I cannot thank you enough for your kind comments on TripAdvisor with regards to your recent stay

We are committed to providing exceptional facilities as well as to delivering warm and friendly service to our guests, and your feedback has been shared and very much appreciated by the team.

Kindest regards.
Bath
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We booked to stay here for the RAK half marathon as it was close to the race village and the start/finish and for this it was a very good choice. the hotel was really geared up for the event as a number of elite athletes were staying there and they laid on early breakfast and a bus to the start if you wanted it.

The rooms were large and comfortable, but rather sparse and lacking any ambience. I found it strange that the rooms had no carpets and little decoration and little furniture for the size of the room. It could have done with carpets, a comfortable chair and table and a couple more pictures on the wall.

The hotel does have a nice bar and pool area on the rooftop which has great views over the city and up to the mountains and is a lovely spot on a nice day. What is more we booked Valentines dinner which they set up on the rooftop next to the pool and they made a fantastic effort for this with the set up, the food and the service and it was also very good value. We were very pleasantly surprised by this.

The frustration came as we left. There are three lifts, but one is for service only (this is a big mistake), and they are very slow, especially if the hotel is busy. It took me 20 minutes from leaving my room to checking out and that was after I tried to pay for breakfast and was told that I hadn't had breakfast (at least, they had no check for me from the restaurant). I think this is the first time I have tried to pay for something in a hotel and been told I never had it...must have been my imagination!

Overall this is a better hotel than we thought it might be, but it could be even better if they made the rooms a little more homely and fixed the lift situation.

Room Tip: Rooms higher up have the best views, but could mean longer waits for the lifts!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear NeilRBBath ,

Many thanks for having chosen our hotel for your last stay in Ras Al Khaimah and for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor.

Your comment about the room ambiance has been shared with the Executive Housekeeper for an immediate action and definitely some of your points will be considered in the future hotel renovation plan.
Regarding the elevators , your feedback was communicated to our Engineering department for a corrective action.
I thank you again for taking your time to give your fantastic feedback to us.