Al Hamra Residence & Village
US$226
US$144
US$132
  • Breakfast included
Hilton Al Hamra Beach & Golf Resort(Ras Al Khaimah)(Great Value!)
US$123
US$89
US$175
US$127
  • Pool
Marjan Island Resort & Spa(Ras Al Khaimah)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$73
AccorHotels.com
Doubletree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah(Ras Al Khaimah)(Great Value!)
US$63
US$47
US$100
  • Beachfront
US$442
RitzCarlton.com
US$855
RitzCarlton.com
Rixos Bab Al Bahr(Ras Al Khaimah)
US$289
1,609 results
All reviewsenglish pubbeach resortjunior suitegolf viewspecial thanksswimming poolshopping mallgolf clubfront officerelaxing stayhouse keepingnice beachcakeprivate beachwater sportsspecial mentionbeach bar
Reviewed 8 June 2013 via mobile

It was a very nice property and the staff was very friendly. I did felt they could have done a bit better but with hotel completely billed, rather booked to brim, they did try to do the best. A friendly reception with a very open n friendly restaurant staff, overall a very good package. Just one thing that all the stuff ordered in the room had to be paid off immediately was a bit of let down. Overall a nice property with a great potential. A must visit!!!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Paramjitanand
TanjaRiegerGRM, Guest Relations Manager at Al Hamra Residence & Village, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2013

Dear Paramjitanand,

Greetings from Ras Al Khaimah!

Thank you so much that you have taken the time to share your experiences. Our resorts are definitely “a must visit” and we are extremely happy, that you were satisfied with the provided service and the price performance ratio. Indeed both resorts improved very much during the last few months, especially after all the innovations raised up, such as our weekly taking place Amasi Beach Party, or our weekly changing theme nights in our main restaurants and sometimes at the beach and to keep in mind our breathtaking new beach pool at Al Hamra Palace Beach Resort. I am very sure that we cater something for all tastes.

We are very sorry if a misunderstanding occurred in regards to the payment of the ordered room service. Our front desk team is offering all the guest upon check-in to leave a deposit at the reception, either by authorization on a credit card or by cash. This deposit allows you to write all consumption for both resorts on your room bill. If a guest is deciding to not give a deposit upon check-in, he is agreeing the same time to pay all consumptions in the resort directly on spot.

Hopefully the above clarifies the faced situation and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 29 May 2013

I am going to rate all establishments I review on my experience then deduct 1* if I have to pay for wifi in my room but free in public areas of the Hotel and deduct 2* if there is no free WiFi at all. I will add 2* to an establishment that provides free WiFi.

My unofficial score (because I can't give a minus) is Overall 3* minus 2* for no free WiFi and minus 2* for lack of Customer Service from their franchise and own staff.

Total star rating -1* (a first for me)

Check in

No signage from road - 20+ minutes as had to query room rate from what had been agreed prior to arrival, reception staff average. Drove into complex where we were met by a member of staff who showed us the suite and explained facilities BUT then left without offering assistance with our luggage?

First impression "could do better"

We had a junior suite facing the Golf course, wonderfully peaceful.
Very large broom area, huge very comfortable bed, flat screen TV, 2 chairs & table, empty fridge, T&C making facilities - after numerous requests we never did get a third cup
En suite bathroom, low bath, walk in shower, bidet & toiletries
Separate lounge, sofa, armchair and coffee table
Patio area table & 2 chairs

Positives

Suite was wonderfully spacious and well appointed. Two complimentary 600ml bottles of water each day.
Hotel grounds were pristine, reasonable sized pool with a shallow end for kids and options for drinks and food service.
The first night we had room service, usual Kids menu and the lamb in our "Oriental mixed grill" was superbly tender.
Staying here you can use the facilities at the sister hotel "the Al Hamra Palace" situated across the road and a free shuttle is provided.
We had breakfast at the Palace both days and the selection of food offered could not be faulted - pastries, Continental, Arabic & full English with freshly cooked eggs or omelettes. The only disappointment was the quality of the coffee - dishwater at best.
There is a choice of three pools at the Palace, we chose the children's one, the attendants were extremely accommodating. Beverages and food were again available.
There is a good quality play area on site and easy access to the beach.

Negatives

No free WiFi, cost AED 120 (£21.59) for a day.

We requested ice and when it was delivered we were asked for AED 20 (£3.60)' fortunately my daughter did not hand over cash and as there was no check to sign we assumed it was a scam, which proved the case as there was no charge for ice on our final bill! Never in all my travels have I come across a charge for ice, it only takes a few of these to succeed to make the scammer a nice earner.

On arrival the suite was very clean, but on the second day the cleaners obviously did not bother with the lounge area as there were cereal crumbs for GS's early morning snack and remnants of packaging from my opening of the JD the previous evening on the floor.

The worst experience occurred at the "English Pub". This establishment is promoted in the Hotel literature as if it is part of the hotel, which it transpires is a sublet franchise. Because there is an outside setting area , I checked the menus and when I asked if they had a child's menu was very rudely advised "this is a Pub"! I explained we would be sitting outside, further rudeness ensued. This should have been a warning, but it went unheeded !
Next evening at 18:30 we went back and children were sitting outside. Happy Hour is between 17:00-20:30 with drinks half price. We ordered prawns for me and a mixed grill to be shared by daughter and Grandson, with a request for an extra plate. My food arrived but the mix grill was delayed Byatt least 20 minutes (no extra plate), a chef worth his profession would know to prepare the mixed grill before prawns. Each course cost AED 120 (£21.59) which for 2 prawns, however large, is extortionate. The best was yet to come.
Our bill arrived, showing the HH discount, my daughter went to sign it to our room to be told this discount was not available to hotel guests! The barman of yesterday then said there were three options: cash, CCard or they could charge the bill to our room MINUS the HH discount. Then the female Oriental server laughed at my daughter - totally unacceptable. After my daughter explained what had happened I went into the Pub accompanied by a male server who had come out demanding payment. By the time I reached the bar a room chargeable bill including HH discount had been prepared for signature. So why try to rip us off?

On my experience I would say "avoid at all costs".

I made a formal complaint to reception that evening and the Duty Manager was called (Mr Lacman). He's was appalled at what had transpired and said that of course hotel guests were entitled to any promotions on offer at the Pub. He did say he would investigate my complaint and asked if I would be in our room for the rest of the evening. I confirmed I would and half expected a visit to advise what action, if any, would be taken. No visit ensued, so do I assume. No action was taken? The DM asked how we could be appeased, I replied make sure other guests do not go through this. I now wish I had insisted on a further discount or at least a refund of the compulsory 10% service charge.

Some positives about the resort but tarnished by a staff member and the experience of their franchise. Should the resort be held accountable? I believe Yes as they actively promote the Pub. Not having a response to my complaint, I am less than impressed.

Would I recommend? Definitely NO.

I have noticed the Management respond to positive feed back only, I really hope they respond to this review. Or should I challenge them to respond? Watch this space!

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Dear dorchips,

Greetings from Ras Al Khaimah!

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay at Al Hamra Village Golf & Beach Resorts.

It is only through this valuable tool that we are able to gain first hand feedback about our performance, hence it’s allowing us to monitor and further enhance our services by focusing on our guest needs. I m truly sorry to read that you were not satisfied with certain provided hotel services, during your stay and I would like to offer my sincere apologies for the disappointments you have expressed.

Nevertheless we do hope to welcome you in the future to let you experience the real
Al Hamra Village Golf & Beach Resort hospitality.

Reviewed 27 May 2013

We have been there on weekend may 17 and 18th 2013,
On may 18th I was having breakfast in the village restaurant ,suddenly I realize that my cell phone is not with me, since we were the only people were in the restaurant, I was so sure that one of the staff must of been taken it,I check with the security and In charge of the restaurant to help me find it , and I tried to explain to them that I have lots of very important information in my phone, they were constantly denying everything, so I had to call for the duty manager, and same time we ask them to let us inside the kitchen so we can look everywhere. we were group of 10 people looking all over from the kitchen to the whole restaurant. Though we were sure my phone is some were there, I couldn't find it because it was on silence by the one who has been taken. Any way when the in charge saw us all over the restaurant she wanted us to leave the kitchen and was sure that her staffs are trusted and she haven't seen anything like that, any way to make the story short I had to go to police station and etisalat to do the legal procedure. By the time I came back and i told them that police and etisalat are going to trace my phone,so this shake them up a little..then I left the hotel, my colleges stayed around in case they can find it
We were on the way back home that my friends call me that they found my phone in the kitchen, who ever toke it turned the phone on so the phone can be hear if it ran.thats how we got the phone by one of the staff. I went back to the hotel and The manager apologize to us and wanted me to withdraw my complain from the police. And they promise to make it up to us by providing us room and board on other trip.we were so happy that at least they concern about us after the whole day hassle.unfortunately later on this week we wanted to make up for that day we lost,imagine what they told us they can just give us special discount ,,,,!!!!!!!!!!Wow what a gesture...???? So if u are planing to take the trip enjoy the time but watch all over, even when u are walking around your room don't hit the tv,because it hang on the wall in a very bad position that u might bump to it when u walk around the room. Farzana from UAE

Room Tip: Don't go for village
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank fzarnegar
TanjaRiegerGRM, Guest Relations Manager at Al Hamra Residence & Village, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2013

Dear fzarnegar,

Kind regards from Ras Al Khaimah!

It is with deep regret and astonishment that we have noted the recent comments posted on Tripadvisor.com regarding your lost mobile phone. We consider these remarks regarding irresponsible staff to be completely unfounded.

Following your initial complaint, we investigated the matter thoroughly and with extreme care, and responded already accordingly to you, here at place.

The mobile phone was left on the breakfast table and by mistake taken away, together with the table clearance by a staff. Fortunately after reporting the loss, our staff was able to find it again in the garbage. However, we are extremly sorry for this inconvenience and already took the necessary steps to avoid such incidents in the future. It's out of question, that one of our staff has taken it by force.

Consequently, we consider this non sequitur, slanderous assertion as an unfounded, serious affront to our hard-earned reputation. As a matter of course, we reserve the right to take legal action.

We admit the error on the spot and appologized to you and your family, furthermore we invited you and all your friends for a complimentary dinner, which you refused. As a matter of courtesy we invited you and your husband for the coming weekend for a complimentary overnight along with a free upgrade to the next higher room category, but you denied this offer as well, as you were looking for 5 complimentary rooms for all your friends.

We are aware that your opinion of our service has been affected by the handling of your concerns and do hope that in time, you may reconsider your position and choose to stay with us in the future.

We greatly look forward to welcome you back once again, in such occasion kindly consider me as your direct contact person.

Tanja Rieger

Reviewed 21 April 2013

The basic parameters are right: quiet location that invites to relax, nice amenities incl gardens, pools etc. The bed is good value, and flawlessly clean.

On the other hand: why are there no mosquito screens in the windows and terrace doors? And the bathroom fittings do not match the quality of the rest.

The close-by beach area is alright, kind of similar to large swathes of North and middle Italian coast, and the "furniture" including canopy beds are nice. However, the musical entertainment is way too loud and at times a bit tacky.

Breakfast buffet is clearly above average quality, but stay away from the coffee.

Still, overall one has to be quite pedantic not to enjoy the stay there. Have fun!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
TanjaRiegerGRM, Guest Relations Manager at Al Hamra Residence & Village, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2013

Dear PeterP_in_Spe,

Kind regards from Ras Al Khaimah!

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review. We do appreciate your constructive feedback, as it helps us to improve ourselves constantly.

We sincerely hope to welcoming you back soon to our resorts.

Reviewed 10 April 2013

My family and I visited the UAE for the first time from the US, and this resort was a great way to spend 5 days on the beach. We had intended on staying in Dubai, but this resort was a great alternative. It was away from the crowds of the big city, and very relaxing. We had a Jr. Suite with 2 sliding glass doorways to a large patio that was next to the pool. This resort is adjacent to the Al Hamra Palace Beach Resort. It is still under construction, but a 1/4 of it is open. We had access to the beach and all facilities at the Beach Resort. If you don’t want to walk the 200 yards to the Beach Resort they have a van that runs all day and night to drive you between.
The Staff was AWESOME! They were very friendly, and accommodating. The only issue we had with the room was no hot water the first morning, but they quickly resolved the problem, and compensated us for the inconvenience.
There is an English Pub on the property for the evenings with Guinness, Stella and many others on tap. Also 2 Beach bars. One on the upper pool deck and one on the beach.
We seemed to be the only tourist there from the US. Most were from Russia and Germany.
The beach was very nice, very clean and plenty of chairs and beds to go around.
We arranged transportation to and from the airport in Dubai ahead of time. The driver was waiting for us a the airport when we arrived. I would recommend this option.
Al Hamra Mall is very close, an easy walk, or a 5 Dirham taxi ride each way. The Hotel also offers a free shuttle in the evenings. There is a grocery store, and many other stores for you to shop. Bottled water in the room was complimentary, but sodas were very expensive 18 Dirhams per can ( $5 US.) You can get a 6 pack of soda at the grocery store for 9 Dirhams, and put them in the refrigerator in the room. A much less expensive option.
We went on a Desert Safari that was set up by the hotel for us. What an great experience! It was $1000 Dirhams ($275 US) for our family of 4, and worth every Dirham. They picked us up and dropped us off at the hotel.
We will definitely return.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank DJMech
TanjaRiegerGRM, Guest Relations Manager at Al Hamra Residence & Village, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2013

Dear DJMech,

Greetings from Ras Al Khaimah!

Thank you very much for your kind feedback. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the Al Hamra Village Golf & Beach Resort became a nice alternative to Dubai for a relaxing weekend. Therefore we sincerely hope to welcoming you back very soon to our properties.