“Nice hotel”
Review of Bin Majid Mangrove

Bin Majid Mangrove
Ranked #17 of 27 Hotels in Ras Al Khaimah
Reviewed 9 May 2013

We booked this hotel 2 weeks before we visited it. Since we were a big group, we booked 8 standard rooms. During check in, we had nice refreshing welcome drinks.
Upon check in, we realised our rooms had been upgraded to executive rooms with the view to the mangroves and also we got 1 suite too! Bingo for the men!
The rooms are spacious. The suite was amazing. The beds are good and everyone enjoyed their stay at the hotel.
The breakfast was huge and great number of varieties. I was so full that I didnt even get a chance to try the desserts! Loved the pancakes !!
Overall, the staff is very friendly. The bathrooms are spacious too.. We will definitely come back for another relaxing weekend!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank EmilAlex
WaseemAlShalabi, General Manager at Bin Majid Mangrove, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2013

Greeting from Managrove Hotel, RAK
Behalf of Mangrove Hotel team, I would like to thank you for your feedback, and we ensure you that we will be at your service at all the time.
Looking forward to welcome you back at Mangrove Hotel

There are newer reviews for Bin Majid Mangrove

Reviewed 7 May 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed 21 April 2013

We have stayed at the Mangrove hotel twice now while in Ras Al Khaimah for the weekened. I think this hotel is of a good standard. The rooms are really nice, clean and comfortable. It's centrally located in Ras Al Khaimah overlooking the mangrove. We have always got a good deal on this hotel and we have never been dissapointed. Would definately go back!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 April 2013

We arrived having spoken twice on the phone, once when I called to confirm our room would have a balcony, second when they called me to confirm our stay and I asked again, it was again confirmed to me that we would have a balcony. After check in and being taken to our room, and not seeing a balcony, I called the desk to be told we'd been 'upgraded', no problems but please tell me when I check in!! The room was nice and spacious.

We were charged the wrong prices for drinks (50% more) and according to the bar man, we had an 'old menu', the 'old menu' was in our room and outside at the pool so I'm not sure how that works?? That resolved, our room was 3rd floor at the back and despite having the air con on, had to suffer the noise from the 3 gigantic generators that power the hotel. A very, very noisy night ensued and too much went wrong for us to go back again, shame because, it's a nice hotel in a good location but to pay 80GBP per night and have a variable stay isn't worth it again. We made the hotel aware of the issues and they were pleasant enough and marginally apologetic but even a 20% your next stay would not have taken that much effort.

Room Tip: Don't stay at the back on a floor below the 15th!! The generators will keep you up!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alex H
Reviewed 9 April 2013

From the moment you arrive, you experience excellent customer service and a friendly welcoming attitude by all staff.
The rooms and bathrooms are very spacious, well furnished and clean.
Chinese restaurant is well worth a visit

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 March 2013

We just wanted a cheap room for the night, and this one came up. Great location next to mangroves for the view and walking, whilst behind the building is the old town, and then the sea. Central to anywhere in RAK. The hotel itself was modern and comfortable, staff helpful and friendly. The Chinese restaurant - wow!! The food was great.
Only downside was our room was on the side and the next building had noisy A/C units. But then the bed was so comfy it didn't keep me awake.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 March 2013

I have stayed in this hotel many times and to be honest I had found it a very good hotel up until now. Two weeks ago, I stayed in the hotel and had my i pad stolen. I phoned and waited but no one bothered to call me back. I called again and was told that my complaint was noted. Eventually I had to travel down from Dubai to see someone. When I got there I spoke to the manager on duty who promised me the General Manager would call be the following day between 12 and 6 but of course no call. I just want to let people know 2 things. The i pad was 100% stolen and in my opinion the hotel did little or nothing about it. The management never returned my calls and just thought I would go away. Please do not stay in this hotel as Im positive the thief is still working there. Further more, the management have proved how little they care about their customers.
Thank you.

Room Tip: Dont leave anything in the rooms!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple