“Good Stay, but could have been better”
Review of Bin Majid Mangrove

Bin Majid Mangrove
Ranked #16 of 27 Hotels in Ras Al Khaimah
Reviewed 5 June 2014

The hotel is nicely located and is overlooking the corniche. You can enjoy a walk or many water-sport activities on the corniche. The area can get a bit congested especially during the weekend at night. I stayed there for one night in a King Suite.

Feedback in sequence is as follows:

1- Finding the hotel was relatively easy. Once you get to the corniche, there is only one group of high buildings next to each other and the hotel is one of them. There was no proper sign with the hotel name on the building itself. Therefore, I couldn't see the name at first (Attached picture shows the hotel name sign).

We stopped by the valet, and the car was parked in a nearby open parking area with no shades.

2- Check in: it was quick and the staff were very friendly. We were offered some juice and moved to the room. The luggage did not take long to arrive.

3- The room: the King Suite was spacious (The attached pictures show how it is divided into bed and the sitting areas. The bathroom was ok. However the toilet and the Bidet were quite close to each others. You might not be able to use the toilet comfortably depending on your size. I would say the room was clean

4- Sleeping quality: My wife had issues with sleeping although she usually doesn't. The pillows could have been better in my view.

5- The pool: there was an outdoor pool with a small Jacuzzi for children, which was the only children activity as far as I could tell. The pool itself was not very big and kids were swimming over. I had a quick look and didn't try it.

6- The Breakfast: There was quite good number of tables. However, no one welcomed us or arranged the seating or asked about the hot drinks. Therefore, we had to chase them and our request was entertained. The variety was ok. The Tea with milk was horrible. Try something else.

7- The worst part for which the services is rated poor is the valet experience. After I called the concierge to get my car ready and as I was leaving the hotel, the driver was driving the car in reverse to get it close to the hotel entrance. When he saw me he stepped out of the car without shifting the gear on "Parking" or activating the handbrake. So he stepped out and the car started moving since the ground was not flat (sloped). I yelled at the driver and told him to keep it on P and activate the handbrake. He managed to stop it soon after. This could have been a disaster especially since another car was parked nearby. It seems the driver was not familiar with the functions of my car (which I find to be very weird given the number of BMWs in the UAE). When coming back, I parked the car myself and kept the key. The next day I checked out.

8- The internet was not free.

9- The Check out was quick in terms of luggage arrangement as well as leaving the hotel.

10- I called the hotel to make the reservation and paid 500 for the room with breakfast. Therefore, The suite had a good value for money.

The rating could have been higher if the valet incident did not happen.

Room Tip: Higher floors with Mangrove view
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank alhosani
WaseemAlShalabi, General Manager at Bin Majid Mangrove, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Greeting From Mangrove Hotel Ras Al Khaimah!

Thank you very much for your detailed review for your recent stay with us at Mangrove Hotel Ras Al Khaimah.

I personally appreciate your positive feedback, it was a pleasure to note that you were pleased with, the quality of service provided by our team, in regards to your Constructive comments and Without addressing all the points you have raised individually I would like you to be assured that we have shared all of the comments you have highlighted with our team and ensure that it will be followed up accordingly, our aim to provide our guests with a great experience.
Once again thank you for staying with us, we are looking forward to welcome you back at Mangrove Hotel.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

The rooms are generous in space and are cozily equipped, however the other amenities leave a lot to be desired. Credit is also due to the breakfast with a good range of options on the American side. The pool was empty and for good reason - Tiny and does not feel welcome. The staff mentioned a shuttle to the beach from the hotel, however we chose to skip the beach and head for the mountains. Parking is quite hard to locate (though you have a valet service).

Overall, amazing value for money for the rooms and if your idea is to stay indoors all day, this is a good budget choice.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for upgrades to rooms with the mangroves view).
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Aneeth
WaseemAlShalabi, General Manager at Bin Majid Mangrove, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Greeting From Mangrove Hotel Ras Al Khaimah!

I would like to thank you for choosing Mangrove Hotel for your holiday, I personally appreciate your positive feedback for your recent stay with us at Mangrove Hotel, it was a pleasure to note that you were pleased with our “spacious” rooms, quality of service provided by our team, Your comments will surely be shared with the rest of the team and appreciated, our aim to provide our guests with a great experience.

Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Very dirty rooms, bad parking, bad lightening, insects at the room, not clean.................not good at all non clean carpet, smell at the room bad receptionist has bugs insects bad slow elevators........

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
6  Thank Yaiha A

Greeting From Mangrove Hotel Ras Al Khaimah.

Thank you very much for your detailed review regarding your recent stay with us at Mangrove Hotel Ras Al Khaimah

I was very disappointed to read your review and to note that there were many aspects of your stay that you were not satisfied with. Without addressing all the issues you have raised individually I would like you to be assured that we have shared all of the comments you have highlighted with our team and ensure that it will be followed up accordingly.

I would like to apologize for the inconveniences experience and hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

We were provided a free upgrade to a very large suite which included a separate lounge and office area. The rooms were clean and tidy and the bed was very comfortable.
There was a large selection of food at breakfast and were very accomodating when we were late on our first morning. They offered to heat and provide breakfast even though they had already started to clean up.
With it being our anniversary we were given a free cake which was a very nice touch. Overall the hotel staff are very hospital especially James (I think thats his name) works in reception and also Ayoub in the restaurant. Both were very pleasant and always worked with a smile.
Hotel is perfectly located for the relaxing long walks along the corniche at sunset.

Room Tip: A room facing the corniche should have pleasant views
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
WaseemAlShalabi, General Manager at Bin Majid Mangrove, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Greeting From Mangrove Hotel Ras Al Khaimah!

I would like to thank you for choosing Mangrove Hotel for your holiday, I personally appreciate your positive detailed feedback for your recent stay with us at Mangrove Hotel, it was a pleasure to note that you were pleased with our “spacious” rooms, quality of service provided by our team, food variety at breakfast buffet. Your comments will surely be shared with the rest of the team and appreciated, our aim to provide our guests with a great experience.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

We were asked to shift the room while we stay there. When we politely said no we couldnt move bcos we hav a small kid and we are checking out the next day. We got a reply from them "ok u stay there and u wont get water" ...

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Sangeetha S

Greeting From Mangrove Hotel Ras Al Khaimah!

First of all, I would like to thank you for choosing Mangrove Hotel for your holiday, I was very disappointed to read your review and to note that you were not satisfied with unpleasant experience.

Without addressing the issue you have raised, I would like you to be assured that I have shared your comment you have highlighted with our team and ensure that action will be taken accordingly, our aim to provide our guests with a great experience.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

The hotel is located in the corniche in front of Laguna. Good service, the rooms are clean and the service is ok. Was my first business trip in Emirates and I'm very surprised for the services/organization. Because I had the experience of Cairo, Casablanca, Nouakchott where the International hotel's organization's is not so good. The hotel have a little swimming pool and a fitness area. Two resturants: one is Chinese - Thai and the Other have international cusine. a little bar near the lobby and in the evening is open the bar near the swimming pool-

Room Tip: good windows noise insulation no problem for the position, but is better the room not in front of Co...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
WaseemAlShalabi, General Manager at Bin Majid Mangrove, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Greeting From Mangrove Hotel Ras Al Khaimah!

I would like to thank you for choosing Mangrove Hotel for your holiday, I personally appreciate your positive feedback for your recent stay with us at Mangrove Hotel, it was a pleasure to note that you were pleased with our “spacious” rooms, quality of service provided by our team where it was better than the international hotels, Your comments will surely be shared with the rest of the team and appreciated, our aim to provide our guests with a great experience.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

I stayed at Mangrove Bin Majid - Ras Al Khaima. The property is elegant, all staff are really friendly and helpful, including Customer Care Manager.
At evenings you can have a walk in front of this Hotel which is situated at Ras Al Khaima Khor (Bay).
Please note that Wifi is not free.

Room Tip: Choose a Room with a view.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Greeting From Mangrove Hotel Ras Al Khaimah!

I would like to thank you for choosing Mangrove Hotel for your holiday, I personally appreciate your positive feedback for your recent stay with us at Mangrove Hotel, it was a pleasure to note that you were pleased with our “spacious” rooms, quality of service provided by our team. Your comments will surely be shared with the rest of the team and appreciated, our aim to provide our guests with a great experience.