“Cheap Beachside Hotel, For a Reason” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Beach Hotel by Bin Majid Hotels & Resort

Beach Hotel by Bin Majid Hotels & Resort
Ranked #13 of 26 Hotels in Ras Al Khaimah
Georgia
“Cheap Beachside Hotel, For a Reason”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

I had the recent privilege of spending a week at the Bin Majid Beach Hotel in Ras Al Khaimah. Conveniently located very near the center of town and directly on the beach, the Bin Majid was near all of the attractions and major road networks of the city making it convenient for me to get to my destination each day.
The inclusive breakfast was extraordinary and very well displayed along with a very good variety of both hot and cold foods, plenty of fruit on offer and cereals. I thoroughly enjoyed the breakfast with made to order eggs and fresh coffee and the dining room is very comfortable.
The rooms at the Bin Majid are in dire need of an upgrade, update, and overhaul. It is an older property and from mold/mildew, to rust stains, and worn carpets the interiors are "tired." The room did have a view of the ocean which was nice. I also enjoyed taking a dip in the ocean at the end of my day and have the opportunity to rinse the salt and sand at the beachside showers. The pool looked nice but because of the hot summer temps, the pool water was more like bath water and just too hot for me to enjoy.
There is a good sized gym and along with plenty of dumbbells, no other free weights. I did use the weight machines and the eliptical machine. For a hotel gym it was more than adequate.
The staff at the Bin Majid Beach Hotel are friendly but the porters are slow and not very helpful. The other issue is, on Booking.Com the hotel advertised "Free Wi-Fi" but upon arrival at the hotel, this was not the case.
All in all, the value of the Bin Majid is good but again the age old adage of, "You get what you pay for," is all too true. I can recommend the hotel with a word of caution to prepare you but would also encourage anyone to keep looking to get a nicer room/hotel and have a better experience. Although I was content with my choice, I would not go back.

Room Tip: This is an old hotel so carpets are worn, bathrooms are dilapidated, halls have a bit of an odor. R...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Ernbo6

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

Staff was very helpful with everything! I went to hotel quite early in morning, with full expectation that i will not get the room but the kind lady at reception (Ms Sujana) noted my needs and requirements and given me the room. My friends and I plan to stay there next time since its close to stores and malls for last minute needs like CVS and a restaurant adjoined the hotel so that was a plus point! Views of the bay were spectacular and its close to public transportation. Also just a few blocks from Bayside Marketplace. all an all i started with good and finifhed with best.
Thanks.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Mohamed S, Manager at Beach Hotel by Bin Majid Hotels & Resort, responded to this review, 19 October 2014
Dear Khabbaz

Thanks a lot for your review, we loved it and we feel amazing that you had such an inspiring experience with us. We can't wait to see you again and hope we'll make your next stay even more special.

Kind regards

Mohamed Sorour
Cluster Customer Service
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

Am currently staying in the hotel with my lady and it was good so far for a 8 nights booking they did a good job.. from Anna and Dona that helped me in the reservation and solve my problem with booking .com to Nathalia and another receptionest that help me to surprise my lady in romantic setup.. House keepin is nice and smooth and always on time.. food is good as the chef who made me pancake yesterday was amazing truly one of the best in my life and in general staff in the all day dining restaurant are the most friendly in the hotel.. Indian food u must try in this hotel .. well done bin majed group for the indian restaurant as it really reminds me of my lastvacation to india.. the only thins that it need more water sports.. jet sky price is too high.. but I dont have to use it when it is that price.. pool is amazing and I loved it and big thanks to the whole team.. am sure I will tell every on I know to visit.. and I will come every chance I got.

Room Tip: Delux room is good for coupls 427 is a good room
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
8 Thank rzcaak
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

The hotel was overbooked and the reception personel overwhelmed with the customers arriving at the same moment, although they have been very friendly and professional till the last moment.
We were lucky and got upgraded to a suite which was very large but the hotel was a bit old and needs a serious refurbishment.
To access the swimming pool and beach you need to go out of the hotel, towels were available. To access the beach is a bit a pain because there was a lot of stairs and wasn't easy specially we were carrying my baby's stroller.
Food was ok but a bit expensive for what it is.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Ali B
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

We booked online and thought that we got a great deal, wherein you can do in some hotels in Dubai and in the UAE, but we were just disappointed right from arrival.
We came to check in around 4pm and the receptionist immediately said they don't have a king bed - they'd wanted to give us a twin bed. For a husband and wife on a holiday, you can imagine that this is not very ideal. So they said- no e don't have rooms for a few minutes and they could see that we are already annoyed. So they called HK and they asked if they have a big bed. Lo and behold, they do. So we had to wait for another 20 minutes and the room was ready.
When we came to the room, it turned out it was a twin bed and they just placed the beds together and placed a large mattress.
The AC was the worst- it was non-existent. We tried changing the temperature, but nothing. Total disaster. We didn't even bothered calling them as the staff seemes uninterested to help.
Would not recommend this hotel at all.
You are better of to the other hotels in the area.

• Stayed May 2014
5 Thank nikolete_224

Travellers are raving about these Ras Al Khaimah hotels

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

The room we stayed in is good enough for a couple. Some necessities missing though (i.e. Toothbrush). The pool was near the beach and there were a lot of beach chair to go around. They have a few selection of water activities. Overall we still had a fab time on the beach..

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Poy V
Amman, Jordan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

the room is small and the carpet is old and dirty with many stains same as the curtains , the tv chanels not clear also the fridge has very loud voice , for that we asked to change the room but the staff at the receiption told us that the hotel is full . but the swimming pool is good and clean with a lifeguard watching all the time also the beatch is clean and nice . the breakfast is not good and not tasty so the first thing we did in the morning we lift the hotel .

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family