“Best experience at Waldorf Astoria!”

Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah
Ranked #1 of 27 Hotels in Ras Al Khaimah
Reviewed 28 October 2013

This stay made me feel like valued guest. This hotel is designed for all the tourist categories, which makes it universal and unique. Stuff is excellent,first class service, fashionable rooms and exclusive balconies.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria
AndreHerrenschmidt, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Dear Emma A,

Thank you very much for sharing your kind review about your recent experiences at the Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah.

I am delighted to read that you had a best experience with us and enjoyed the team members and hotel design

Please let us know when you plan to visit us again, we would be very happy to welcome you back for another stay at the Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah.

There are newer reviews for Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah

Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

I visited the WA in RAK with my wife and 2 children aged 10&12. The hotel is spectacular and the rooms as good as anything I've seen including the Burj Al Arab
The pool facilities are great and we had an amazing holiday.
Downside food and drinks aren't cheap so book the highest tariff you can. ie. half or full board. During our visit the staff were still in training mode so service wasn't quite up to scratch but it is improving and once to full speed the whole experience will be fantastic. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend. Visit Iceland water park as well. Tickets are free from the hotel and it is a great day out

Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank phileasfoggg

Dear phileasfogg,

I am delighted to read that you and your family had a happy experience during your stay; especially you enjoyed the pool facilities.

I have noted your valuable comments with regards to food and beverage prices and the team’s training, thank you for bringing this to our attention as through similar feedback we can enhance our services to meet our guest expectations.

Your recommendation of our hotel to other travellers and is appreciated and I hope that you will keep the Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah as your first choice on your next visit to Ras Al Khaimah.

Please let us know when you plan to visit us again, we would be very happy to welcome you back for another holiday at the Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Hotel is recommended, needs more activities for kids and more pool facilities, slides etc...activities at the beach are good, restaurants were also quite nice, but still lacks system, few teething problems, overall excellent hotel for a quite area like RAK...

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear Hisham Noor M,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback regarding your stay at the Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah.

I am delighted to read that you and your family enjoyed the Eid holidays with us, especially the activities on the beach.

I have noted your valuable comments with regards to the children’s activities and pool facilities, thank you for bringing this to our attention as through vital guests feedback we can enhance our services to meet our guest expectations.

Please let us know when you plan to visit us again, we would be very happy to welcome you and your family back for another stay at the Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah

Reviewed 28 October 2013

after reading these reviews i am so disappointted and hesitating to go over there for this weekend as i just booked the room. i was trying to book at Baneeyan tree but unfortunately no room available . i had friends staying in the Waldorf hotel on eid holidays , and they were saying the same things about the food and services. so i really deceide to grab some cold sandwiches to have while i am there since it is not a long time and it will be only for 2 days.
i really hate to pay this amount of money and then in return get a low quality food and services.
anyways , let see what will be our experience .

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
AndreHerrenschmidt, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Dear mah817,

I am delighted to read that even though you read some less positive reviews about us, you still plan to come and stay with us. I hope that you change your perception to Waldorf Astoria during you stay.

Your feedback is indeed very important for us and I can assure you that our F&B team are working to rectify the shortfalls in service while coping with such high occupancy.

Please feel free to contact me through your personal concierge and I would be delighted to meet you.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Should improve staff response to the guests requests and if something is promosed to be looked upon for the next day then followup or courtesy call should be given e.g better view of the room. and Ensure the bathrooms have all accessories like mats else it is cold... Gyms are poor, the kids club should avoid using scissors for children use plastics or fibre could cut.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Dear TripAdvisor member,

Please rest assured that we have taken the issues mentioned in your feedback seriously and have also shared them with the appropriate departments to handle accordingly.

Once more, we wish to thank you for your feedback and we do hope to have the chance to welcome you back in future to show you our improvements.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

Whilst I have to confess we are somewhat biased as we love the Hilton chain (Diamond members) this is a very good hotel, and has the potential to be a great one.

It is early days and they are running a big operation with new staff and logistically its a huge effort and yet I think given all those things, there is very little to complain about - and much to applaud.

We've stayed in hotels all around the world (for decades) and yet I rarely write reviews unless there is some element that needs commending or was very special or deserves a special mention.

We live in Dubai and decided to check out the new Hilton property for a night as a "taster" and used points for this stay. It was a Friday and very busy, and this would be a time when staff are pushed to the limits (and to observe how they perform under pressure), but they came through with flying colours. It was a seamless and co-ordinated service delivery from check in to check out - and very gracious as well.

We were upgraded (thank you) and although this is often customary for HH members, HH Honors "honours" guests in this regard and it always sets a great "scene" and a nice welcome. The warm welcome commenced from the minute we got out of the car, escorted to reception, introduced to our concierge, checked-in and then escorted to our room. It doesn't get any better than that and it is highly personalised and very gracious.

The room was quite beautiful, gorgeous bathroom and the bed linen and pillows and bed wonderfully comfortable - hence a great sleep - that is always important in a hotel.

I've read some negative comments about service, but we had a great service experience overall, at reception, at the pool bar, then at dinner and finally at the Cigar Bar. At the pool bar we observed the Manager was running around filling the air-condioner with ice to ensure seating ambience was comfortable (it is outdoors after all) and discretely directing staff, a good sign.

While we were having a dip in the sea, a jet ski came in towards shore and another supervisor ran down and shooed him away as he was getting a bit close to the swimmers. There is attention to detail and service everywhere you look and every effort is constantly being made. All the staff nod and acknowledge you politely in passing and one member of management asked how were were enjoying our stay.

It was a tad quiet at Lexington Grill, but that will change, but the quality of the food was excellent and it's a delightful setting. We were also the only ones in the Cigar bar and that often results in poor service as staff become complacent through boredom, but it was among the best service experience we've had (and as we live in Dubai and go out a lot, that's saying something).

The staff member was super professional (he knew exactly when to come over and when not to) and whilst we've forgotten his name, I'm sure management will know who it is - and you've got a great member of staff in that one!

It was a superb end to a very enjoyable stay, albeit a very brief one.

We had to leave quite early around 8am (and so can't comment on the breakfast) but in doing so left some items in the room. So a very special mention to our concierge Cleatus George, a highly personable and efficient young man, who made a number of calls and personally followed up our items (and we retrieved them last weekend).

It's a super idea to have a private concierge who can arrange dinner bookings and follow up left items, and we were most impressed by how it was handled.

I reiterate it is a beautiful property, with delightful staff who are very eager to please and has all the hallmarks for being a great hotel. We'll be back, which is always the litmus test of any hotel.

Room Tip: Don't hesitate to use the services of your Concierge, it will make your stay even better. The to...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GlobalGal5

Dear GlobalGal5,

Thank you very much for sharing your kind feedback regarding your stay at the Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah.

I am glad to hear that you had a positive experience with our team members from the moment you arrived in the hotel, we take great pride in our team members and we invest heavily in training each and every one of them to ensure our guests are truly taken care of.

Thank you for highlighting the benefits of being a Hhonour Diamond Member.

I have passed on your compliments to all the team members, especially to Cleatus and everyone is delighted to see that their efforts are appreciated. Our team is committed to ensuring that every guest is happy and strives to meet their expectations.

Please let us know when you plan to visit us again, we would be very happy to welcome you and your family back for another unforgettable stay at Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah.

Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

My wife and I are based in the UAE and do a fair amount of travel internationally and within the country. You can check my other reviews on tripqdvisor... I only write one when I come across an amazing property or a shocking experience.
Unfortunately, the Waldorf at Ras al Khaimah was a shocking experience. I think if you read other TA users reviews on the hotel you'll start to see the common threads:
- unanswered phones
- delayed response
- rooms with issues
- untrained staff
- mediocre quality food
All hallmarks of a 3* hotel that should never be associated with a 5*, let alone a Waldorf Astoria or any beach resort in the ultra luxurious and competitive UAE market.
Some might call it teething problems, but I think its the local management greed to charge premium prices, hire average/sub-standard staff, skimp on training, and take bookings during busy times (weekends and holidays) despite the fact that the hotel is clearly not ready to deal with the crowds..
I blame management because they responded to my requests during my stay in the same cut and paste, dry manner they are responding to the feedback of all the reviewers on trip advisor!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank bayass
AndreHerrenschmidt, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2013

Dear Bayass,

I was most disappointed to read that you were not completely satisfied with your experience during your recent stay with us. It is with regret I learnt of your disappointment about the service you had experienced, and I would like to assure you that this is not a true reflection of our usual high standards. It can sometimes be quite challenging when the hotel reaches a high occupancy especially during UAE holidays; however, the service to our guests is of paramount importance and I am sorry that we have not met your expectations on this occasion.

Please do not hesitate to contact me in the hotel if you would like to share detailed feedback during your stay with us.