This is truly is a luxurious hotel that allows you to relax in style. This vast hotel has only been open for 3 months and was operating at very low capacity, I expect to allow all the staff to get up to speed. This must be taken in to account when considering this review, we loved it but if the hotel was full then things may have been different.
1) The pool and beach grounds are fantastic. The sunbeds are comfortable, well spread out and it has a massive beach area.
2) The rooms are just fanatastic - overly spacious, comfortable and lovely balconies.
2) The staff are extremely courteous, attentive and look after their customers. They often bring round water to guests at the pool & beach.
1) The area where the hotel is located doesn't have much to do immediately around it. There is a new mall within walking distance but it is quite small and is still awaiting about 30% shops to be opened.
2) The Russian guests are quite rude and obnoxious, but the hotel turn a blind eye to their behavious. I observed a Russian guy in the gym letting his 3-4yr old run around unsupervised and quite dangerously playing with machines. When staff asked him to leave as no kids were allowed he ignored them and carried on, which disrupted the gym for other guests but with no further action.
3) Smoking - lots of people smoking big old cigars around the pool/bar/beach/food area.
Overall, this hotel is brilliant if you just want a luxury place to get some sun. The rooms are fantastic, the service is exceptional and so can spot the place from miles away (especially at night when it is all lit up).
Would I go again? Yes, a no brainer!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inspired by the palaces of the Arabian Peninsula, Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah, ideally located 50 minutes from Dubai International Airport, will bring the legendary true Waldorf service to one of the most alluring beach front locations in the Middle East. An 18 hole championship golf course and a 350 metre private beach are set against the blue water of the Arabian Sea. The Waldorf Astoria Ras al Khaimah, will be a true luxury resort. The setting of this magnificent hotel will be matched by the unparalleled facilities with its stylish dining and entertainment venues, sophisticated conference and event facilities and its luxurious spa experiences available to guests. The 346 deluxe rooms and suites reflect the palatial surroundings and offer the luxuries of space and tranquillity. Each room extends over at least 72 square metres and offers panoramic views of the Arabian Sea, championship golf course and the impressive Al Hajjar Mountains on the horizon.Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah is home to ten bespoke restaurants and bars, offering an exclusive range of dining and entertainment experiences to suit every mood and flavour. From signature restaurants with succulent steaks and grills at the US steakhouse Lexington Grill, Japanese cuisine with sushi and teppanyaki at UMI, Middle Eastern flavours at Marjan and international dining experiences at Qasr Al Bahar to open air pool and beach side restaurants, elegant tea and coffee lounges serving light meals and traditional high tea and the vibrant night club, 17squared, on the 17th floor. A place of relaxation and restoration; the hotel's spa will offer signature treatments combined with exceptional care to create a place where guests can surrender and restore personal well-being. The gymnasium will feature an extensive range of Technogym equipment as well as a whirlpool and a sauna. Guests can relax in the two outdoor chilled pools and one the 350 meter white sandy beach. Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah offers a unique and timeless setting for gatherings and events of all descriptions. With the personalized service by dedicated event team this luxury property is the perfect location to host spectacular private celebrations, corporate conferences, team building activities, intimate beach weddings, cocktail parties, product launches and executive meetings. The hotel features a VIP arrival hall and multiple pre-function spaces, making it a spectacular venue for weddings, galas and high end corporate events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Expedia, Holiday Gems, Southall Travel, Hotelopia, Priceline, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah