“Luxury Indeed”

Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah
Ranked #1 of 28 Hotels in Ras Al Khaimah
Reviewed 16 May 2014

It was a real pleasure for me and my wife to stay in Waldorf Astoria. The hotel is really fantastic and no doubt that our stay was memorable.
Room (King Junior Suite with sea view) was very big, light and had a gorgeous view on the gulf, beach and pool area. Furniture and bath equipment seems to be luxury. Cloakroom was a very good use.

Staff service was really-really on a high level. I do not clearly remember had I ever met better service provided. Each staff person in the hotel team was very polite and happy to help us with any our willingness. Room service was very nice. It was very kind of them to make us smile with hand-made figures from towels;)).
We stayed really pleased with service in main restaurant and Lexington Grill. Beach service were very endeavoring to help us with towels and umbrellas. Reception service is great.
The only thing I do not like was pool bar service (Azure bar). In compare with other staff they were not friendly enough and paid not enough attention to the guests. It took more than 10 minutes for them to bring the bill and take away dirty dishes. They were frequently confusing hot tea with ice tea, that my wife was asking. I was provided with a small cup of hot tea instead of a cattle? and so on.

Food. I would like to praise the meal that was provided in main restaurants. Variety and quality of dishes on the buffet was fantastic. Lexington grill provided gorgeous steaks and salads. Unfortunately, I was again stayed unsatisfied with Azure bar. The quantity of snack is too poor in the menu. Salads are practically tasteless. more over the price is too high for the quality of service and food provided.

Facilities. They were also great. I liked everything I have used.

Location is great. Calm and comfortable place with nice long white sand beach. The existence of Mall is also very useful.

Resuming the stay it was my best stay in UAE. I was really admired with the work made by Hilton. The Waldorf Astoria hotel has a true luxury level.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
AndreHerrenschmidt01, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2014

Dear Дмитрий Ю,

Thank you for your valuable review about your recent experience with us at Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah.

We were delighted to read that you and your wife have been overall impressed with the quality of our hotel and service. Your gracious comments will serve as an added inspiration to consistently maintain the high standards which you have experienced during your stay with us.

I am sorry that we were not able to meet your expectations in regards to your dining experience in Azure; rest assured that I have addressed your comments to the department concerned in order to improve following issues.

Your kind acknowledgement of our team members are greatly appreciated and it is always with great pleasure that we are able to extend such warm recognition of their efforts to ensure your holiday was so memorable.

Please let us know when you plan to visit us again, we would be very happy to welcome you and your wife back for another memorable experience at the Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah

Andre Herrenschmidt

Write a ReviewReviews (3,616)

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Not up to the Waldorf Standard. Staff friendly, accommodation clean. This is a newly opened hotel, the dining room furniture had stains and other dinnerware marks giving an unclean appearance. Room was sparsely decorated and empty giving an unwelcome feeling. Mini bar was bleakly stocked. No toothbrush or toothpaste included in amenities. No extra bath gels or shampoos (1 normal travel bottle each). Valet Reception was crowded with poor flow of traffic. Hotel architecture was nicely done in public areas.

Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria

Dear James S,

Indeed it is only through comments that we can strive to improve our hotel and services. I am sorry that we were not able to meet your expectations in regards to the dining room furniture, dinnerware, room decoration, mini bar, room amenities and reception area. Rest assured that I have addressed your comments to all departments concerned in order to improve following issues.

We do hope that we will be able to welcome you once again in the near future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of assistance.

Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

I was coming for night but I extended 1 more night the front desk, concierge and margan restrurant staff are amazing big thanks to Brian front desk.
Ahmed concierge.
Roshdy Margan restaurant.
Abdullah shisha guy terrace I'm really happy of choicing this hotel and definitely I will come back.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Mohamed A,

It is a joy for us to read that you had a enjoyable experience at the hotel especially the hospitality service provided by our team members. I have shared your compliments to Brian, Ahmad, Roshdy, Abdullah and they were delighted that their service and efforts were greatly appreciated.

Please let us know when you plan to visit us again, we would be very happy to welcome you back for another relaxing experience at the Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah

Reviewed 15 May 2014

I recently stayed at the fabulous new Waldorf Astoria Hotel. Its location about two hours drive from Dubai.
Splendid in design, it surprises a sleepy, old, real life, middle eastern town. It is not what one may expect to find. Greetings from a happy, well informed, generous staff made me feel relaxed and at home immediately. The rooms were large with a balcony, mine overlooked the luscious green golf course which contrasted the colours of desert beyond. The pillows were like sinking into marsh mallow The rain shower was heaven and the dressing room with the most luxurious robes made for cosy nights after a long days work. I don't really like buffet food but breakfast lunch and dinner in the all day dining buffet resteraunt was hard to resist delicious choices and willing chefs to prepare anything your little stomach (soon to be a big one) desires.
The pool was the perfect temperature and the beach filled with shells and comfy cabannas to keep cool in the shade. I would highly recommend the Waldorf in RAK as a perfect getaway from Dubai and the rates are reasonable with great value

Room Tip: all rooms are facing either the golf course which is green and peaceful or the pool and sea which i...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank DenniePasion

Dear DenniePasion,

We are very pleased that you had a fabulous stay with us. We learn from your comments you enjoyed so many aspects that all contributed to this feeling; be it the generous service from our team members, the quality of the food in our buffet, pool experience and comfy cabannas.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here for one night during the weekend at the end of April - just to get away from Dubai for a short break. Overall the hotel is lovely, and very large. Given that it was at 100% occupancy! (probably worth checking this before you go) checkin was a bit of a disaster - there were quite a lot of disgruntled people complaining and i was stood there for almost 20 minutes before having to forcefully ask someone to help me.... once served everything went smoothly however. I had booked a suite for our stay and received an upgrade on checkin which placated my mood from the checkin procedure. Our guest service manager was amazing and took very good care of us throughout our stay (i had been emailing her in advance for restaurant reservations etc.) our suite was HUGE and really comfortable. The beach area is great - with sections for families and down towards the water sports a separate pool section for adults with live DJ and a chilled out vibe at the bar etc. the main pool was very busy but large enough - and good for families with lots of children playing in the pool - my husband and I retreated to the chilled our DJ pool after a go on the jet skis, which was fun. We had dinner in their signature steakhouse, which was as expected, and chilled out in their upstairs lounge bar afterwards, also nice. A highlight of our stay was the amazing couples spa which only offers one signature treatment - including body brushing, massage, champagne, nibbles, steam and jacuzi, well worth it for couples that want some romantic r&r. travel tips, dont go during peak time, it was a little too busy for us, unless you like that, it was quite hot when we went so thats another thing to take into consideration. When booking ask for a larger room with sea views and balcony and if possible a suite - which are so spacious and nice. And try a treatment at the spa which i rate very highly.

Room Tip: suites are the way to go and don't be shy, ask for an upgrade if available... If you cant get a...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear EdanaSchul,

It was most enjoyable to read your review as it evoked a sincere delight from your side of this unique experience you had. We feel praised by your compliments of pretty much every aspect in the hotel; be it the quality of the food in our restaurant, the activities available, the interior of the suites, the spa facilities or the care and attention given to you by our Guest Service Manager.

I would like to continue by offering you our sincere apologies for the check in experience, but I am relieved to hear that it was then fixed on the spot by offering you room upgrade on the spot that this inconvenience did not affect your overall stay.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

The hotel is about an hour or so from Dubai and can be seen from a distance as you approach, immediately you will be struck by the architecture which is quite different and despite its scale is attractive and quite tasteful. The entrance to the building is grand and from the minute you arrive you feel like you are at a good hotel with high standards - on arrival we were given iced tea and cold towels, perfect as the weather outside was very hot, the check in staff were incredibly polite and efficient. The lobby itself is really quite stunning, you can tell no expense has been spared on this building.

I've stayed at a number of 5 star hotels in Europe and elsewhere but not previously in the UAE. In comparison to Europe and the US the standards are significantly higher than what you would find at other and often more expensive hotels of this type. The rooms are large - even the standard rooms, with two large TVs, dressing room, good sized bathroom, and everything is very new. Very comfortable beds. The beach is also fantastic, plenty of sun loungers, drinks service, sunglasses cleaning service, very clean sand and sea. The pool areas are also very nice, they have a main pool and an adults only pool which has chillout music on some days playing in the background and nice bed-type loungers in the shade. Really just a perfect place to relax.

For those wanting water activities they have a stand on the beach offering a lot of different types - didn't try these. The food selection - I ate at UMI (the Japanese restaurant) - good food but if you are eating at similar places in London or NY etc you'll probably find it slightly above average as opposed to remarkable, Marjan (recommended) and had breakfast in the Qasr al Bahar restaurant. The breakfast spread is huge and caters for every taste, and there are nice tables on the outdoor terrace.

The location is fairly isolated at the moment with a couple of other hotels nearby which might offer some more dining options if you want, but the whole area is developing. When I stayed in May there was no troublesome construction or anything like that nearby so it was a good time to stay. One thing you will notice is how chilled out it is compared to Dubai.

There are numerous places to have tea or shisha or drinks in the evening, and the mix of guests is also fairly balanced between local/GCC nationals and Europeans, the age range also fairly mixed with couples and families, the place is big enough to suit everyone. The hotel was full when we were there, but didn't feel that way - another really good aspect.

The facilities are all very good throughout, what differentiates the place is that all the little things are also good, there are no "small problems" that you often find at hotels (even luxury ones), everything is generally as it should be, for instance requests are met immediately, room cleaning is pretty much perfect, ask for directions and the staff stop what they are doing and take you there, everyone smiles and greets you, wants to help. We spent a lot of time getting some good tips about the hotel from Vaibhav who was incredibly hard working and knowledgeable about the place, as well as many of the top properties and restaurants in Dubai and beyond.

All in all, for what I wanted - relaxation, nice beach, excellent facilities, good food, I got what I wanted and would recommend this property for couples or families. It really does set a high standard and was a wonderful short break (4 and a bit days). Well worth a detour from the bustle of Dubai or an escape from the rain in Europe.

Dear ShrezZ,

We are delighted to read how much you appreciate your relaxing experience at our terrace with a beautiful atmosphere.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

The nicest hotel I have ever stayed at, everything was perfect and I could not fault one thing. The staff were amazing, so friendly and helpful in every way. The service was outstanding. The food was delicious, the breakfast buffet was plentiful, fresh and great quality. We ate in the steak restaurant which was great and we ordered room service one night which was amazing, it was just like we were eating in a 5 star restaurant, the way the food came and was presented was outstanding and the food was delicious. We had steak tartar as a starter which was the nicest I have ever had and the chef called our room later to see if everything was ok, now that is service and adding that extra touch. I would recommend this hotel highly, it is well worth the money and we will for sure be back!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
AndreHerrenschmidt01, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Dear giglesoneill,

Thank you for your valuable review about your recent stay with us at Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah.

We are delighted to read how much you appreciated outstanding service from our team members. There are so many aspects you mentioned that contributed to your overall satisfaction of your stay especially your dining experience at Qasr Al Bahar and Lexington Grill.

Your recommendation of our hotel is appreciated and I hope that you will keep the Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah your favorite destination.