“Not as good as the Emirates palace but we loved it”

Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah
Ranked #1 of 28 Hotels in Ras Al Khaimah
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Out of Dubai or Abu Dhabi, this hotel has beautiful and spacious rooms. Better than Emirates Palace and less expensive. Corridors are also wonderful. The pool area is nice but could be cleaner (alleys, stairs, seats, ... Look already old even if the hotel is only one year old. it really needs to be improoved. its Ok but not perfect). No attraction for kids by the pool (waterslide ?). No table tennis either. Beach is nice. The buffet in the morning and evening are nice but why there is no "kids buffet" regarding the fact that there are plenty of children. Except of that it was really good; We enjoyed the place and regarding the price we paid there is nothing else to say than "thank you". Hope to come back soon. Luc

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
AndreHerrenschmidt01, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear lucho74,

Thank you for your valuable review about your recent experience with us at Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah.

I am delighted to learn that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for sharing your concerns about the pool area with us, I have highlighted this with the relevant teams. We have children’s menus in all of our restaurants, and our chefs are always happy to prepare something specific if required. We have table tennis facilities with our recreation team and it is played on our tennis courts.

All feedback we receive is taken seriously and we endeavour to improve those aspects of the property and services that you have shared.

Please let us know when you plan to visit us again, we would be very happy to welcome you and your family back for another stay at the Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah.

Andre Herrenschmidt

Write a ReviewReviews (3,711)

Reviewed 18 May 2014

We booked a week away at the Waldorf Astoria (Ras Al Khaimah) knowing that it would be a great hotel, but not realising how incredible it actually is.

Checking in was seamless and we were immediately escorted to our room which was spacious, spotless and luxurious. The hotel is very impressive and although opulent, welcomes you at every location. The outdoor areas are expansive with a lot of areas to relax, sunbathe or escape from the heat. There are a lot of cabanas which we used in the afternoons to have our afternoon naps! There are 2 pools, one for general use and one for adults only which proved to be our little oasis! I loved the adult pool area which overlooks the beach, a must for all who wish to relax and rest with little stress or noise - unless it's the weekend where you welcome the chill out tunes of the resident DJ.

The buffet is as expected, good with a great selection of choices, however service was great and I can't thank Ashish, Roy and Ashram enough for looking after us. Throughout our stay though, it's the specialised restaurants that we enjoyed the most. We enjoyed superb middle eastern cuisine at the Marjan restaurant which rated as one of the best we have experienced (world wide). Andina provided us with great service throughout our meal and recommended some amazing dishes we would not have tried. Although we loved the Marjan restaurant, we LOVED the Lexington Grill which we visited twice through our stay. The steaks were incredible, the service out of this world thanks to Sunil and Mohammed and the ambience perfect for a great night! We have read reviews where folk have complained about the prices, but we live in London and these prices are tantamount to good London restaurants without the great service provided.

For chilling out, we would enjoy a cocktail or tea at the Camelia which has great views over the sea. We were once again blown away at the service provided with a big thank you to Sazna, Dhaval and their manager (who unfortunately I did not catch his name). Incidentally, ask Dhaval for his suggestion on cocktails as after meeting him, found out he was rated as one of the best Mixologists in the UAE.

For service I also wanted to thank Brian who is an incredible ambassador for the front desk area. We were initially introduced to Eric who we found cold and dismissive so was thankful that he 'handed us off' Brian who was warm, engaging and interesting!

I cannot thank all at the Waldorf enough for this week. We left with heavy hearts but look forward to returning to this wonderful hotel again next year!

Dear SJGLondon,

I am thrilled that you have taken the time to write such an extensive review highlighting your overall enjoyment of your stay. I have shared your review with all of the team members and they are delighted to read that you enjoyed so many aspects of our hotel, thank you for drawing attention to those team members that particularly made your stay memorable. I was happy to read that you enjoyed your room, the atmosphere in at the adult pool, cabanas and your dining experiences in Lexington Grill, Marjan, Qasr Al Bahar Restaurant and Camelia.

Please let us know when you plan to visit us again, we would be very happy to welcome you back for another memorable stay at the Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah

Reviewed 17 May 2014

I stayed there this weekend this weekend with my wife and we really enjoyed it.
everything was okay but the DJ or a beach party last night, it was load and we could not sleep until they finished.
I loved the rooms, view, beach and hotel facilities.
Hotel staff are very friendly and helpful.
I just remembered that I requested a cake for my birthday but i did not get any? :D

Definitely will stay their again & recommend it to our family & friends.

Room Tip: Chose rooms or suit with sea view!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
AndreHerrenschmidt01, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2014

Dear Marwan M,

From your comments I understand that you and your wife had enjoyable stay with us especially you love the room, views, beach facilities and very friendly team members.

We strive to anticipate our valuable guest’s expectations and the inconvenience that you experienced from the beach party noise and the cake fall way behind the standards we aim to achieve. Hence, we have discussed the incident with the manager responsible to ensure our consistency in delivering our high service standards to our valued guests.

Please let us know when you plan to visit us again, we would be very happy to welcome you back for another weekend getaway at the Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah

Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

We booked for two connecting rooms. And the rooms are huge!!! Place is awesome. Pools are greatly maintained. Staff are attentive. Beds are very comfortable. Breakfast is so-so. Light switch is confusing. Bbut overall, It was a really great get away!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lian G

Dear Lian G,

We were delighted to read that you have been overall impressed with the room, location, pools are maintained, service provided by our team members and food & beverage experience.

I have noted your comments with regards to the light switch.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 16 May 2014

It was a real pleasure for me and my wife to stay in Waldorf Astoria. The hotel is really fantastic and no doubt that our stay was memorable.
Room (King Junior Suite with sea view) was very big, light and had a gorgeous view on the gulf, beach and pool area. Furniture and bath equipment seems to be luxury. Cloakroom was a very good use.

Staff service was really-really on a high level. I do not clearly remember had I ever met better service provided. Each staff person in the hotel team was very polite and happy to help us with any our willingness. Room service was very nice. It was very kind of them to make us smile with hand-made figures from towels;)).
We stayed really pleased with service in main restaurant and Lexington Grill. Beach service were very endeavoring to help us with towels and umbrellas. Reception service is great.
The only thing I do not like was pool bar service (Azure bar). In compare with other staff they were not friendly enough and paid not enough attention to the guests. It took more than 10 minutes for them to bring the bill and take away dirty dishes. They were frequently confusing hot tea with ice tea, that my wife was asking. I was provided with a small cup of hot tea instead of a cattle? and so on.

Food. I would like to praise the meal that was provided in main restaurants. Variety and quality of dishes on the buffet was fantastic. Lexington grill provided gorgeous steaks and salads. Unfortunately, I was again stayed unsatisfied with Azure bar. The quantity of snack is too poor in the menu. Salads are practically tasteless. more over the price is too high for the quality of service and food provided.

Facilities. They were also great. I liked everything I have used.

Location is great. Calm and comfortable place with nice long white sand beach. The existence of Mall is also very useful.

Resuming the stay it was my best stay in UAE. I was really admired with the work made by Hilton. The Waldorf Astoria hotel has a true luxury level.

Dear Дмитрий Ю,

We were delighted to read that you and your wife have been overall impressed with the quality of our hotel and service. Your gracious comments will serve as an added inspiration to consistently maintain the high standards which you have experienced during your stay with us.

I am sorry that we were not able to meet your expectations in regards to your dining experience in Azure; rest assured that I have addressed your comments to the department concerned in order to improve following issues.

Your kind acknowledgement of our team members are greatly appreciated and it is always with great pleasure that we are able to extend such warm recognition of their efforts to ensure your holiday was so memorable.

Please let us know when you plan to visit us again, we would be very happy to welcome you and your wife back for another memorable experience at the Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Not up to the Waldorf Standard. Staff friendly, accommodation clean. This is a newly opened hotel, the dining room furniture had stains and other dinnerware marks giving an unclean appearance. Room was sparsely decorated and empty giving an unwelcome feeling. Mini bar was bleakly stocked. No toothbrush or toothpaste included in amenities. No extra bath gels or shampoos (1 normal travel bottle each). Valet Reception was crowded with poor flow of traffic. Hotel architecture was nicely done in public areas.

Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria

Dear James S,

Indeed it is only through comments that we can strive to improve our hotel and services. I am sorry that we were not able to meet your expectations in regards to the dining room furniture, dinnerware, room decoration, mini bar, room amenities and reception area. Rest assured that I have addressed your comments to all departments concerned in order to improve following issues.

We do hope that we will be able to welcome you once again in the near future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of assistance.

Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

I was coming for night but I extended 1 more night the front desk, concierge and margan restrurant staff are amazing big thanks to Brian front desk.
Ahmed concierge.
Roshdy Margan restaurant.
Abdullah shisha guy terrace I'm really happy of choicing this hotel and definitely I will come back.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Mohamed A,

It is a joy for us to read that you had a enjoyable experience at the hotel especially the hospitality service provided by our team members. I have shared your compliments to Brian, Ahmad, Roshdy, Abdullah and they were delighted that their service and efforts were greatly appreciated.

Please let us know when you plan to visit us again, we would be very happy to welcome you back for another relaxing experience at the Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah