“Hard to fault this hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah

Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah
Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in Ras Al Khaimah
San Jose, Costa Rica
“Hard to fault this hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

I have stayed in many hotels around the world. Several of them Waldorf Astoria, most of the times Waldorf is excellent, but being honest this one in Ras Al Khaimah is not only the best Waldorf but one of the most amazing hotels I have ever been. The place is palatial, located in front of a pristine beach in a very exotic destination. There is tones of marble and elegant decorations, the rooms are fabulous and the facilities first class. Being everything so good I have to admit that it was very hard for me to find something to complaint about (and believe me I am always good when I have to critic a place), probably the best part of it is service, everybody is friendly and attentive and the personnel is always ready to go beyond what is normally expected. I have a fabulous time in this resort, I hope to be back soon. The place looks nice in the pictures but it is is even more amazing when one is there.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank traveladept1
AndreHerrenschmidt01, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear traveladept1,

Thank you for your kind review about your recent experience with us at Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah.

It was a pleasure to read your review and I was happy to receive your compliments about our beautiful hotel and the overall service that you received throughout your stay. I have shared your review with our team members, they were equally as delighted.

Please let us know when you plan to visit us again, we would be very happy to welcome you back for another stay at the Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah.

Andre Herrenschmidt

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (514)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

Well despite waiting one hour for the room at check in, I was upgraded to a Junior Suite! What can i say, simply amazing views over the beach. The room was simply so enormous that I could have lost myself in the various sections. The bathroom, simply unbelievable. Of I forgot the dressing room..........................Stay here, the service is simply outstanding, the rooms truly unforgettable. ok prices are high, its easy to rack up large bills in this place but its a once in a lifetime experience.

Room Tip: get a junior suite you wont regret it!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AndreHerrenschmidt01, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear RashidAgadir_Morocco,

I am delighted to read that you were happy with the hotel. Our check-in time is 15.00 each day. I have shared your comments with our team members and they were delighted that you enjoyed your room with beautiful views over the Arabian Sea and beaches.

dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

I love the interior design for this hotel, very comfortable place. and amazing and big room. very lovely and kind staff. very romantic and amazing place to get nice time with your partner. the swimming pool is large and nice. the lobby is amazing and you can enjoy a nice afternoon tea. I totally recommend this hotel for anyone. the price for the room really reasonable

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria

AndreHerrenschmidt01, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Hussain A,

We were delighted to read that you have been overall impressed with the quality of our hotel and services. Thank you for mentioning your highlights which included the interior design and afternoon tea.

lancashire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

This is my second visit to this hotel and once again it scores full marks in every way possible.
The staff are fabulous, very friendly, professional and can't do enough for you. The food at the Lexington Grill is by far the best I've had, and the breakfast is superb.
After working in the airline industry travelling the world for 15 years this hotel ranks amongst the best I have stayed at and would certainly recommend to anyone wanting a relaxing holiday with first class standards.
A special thank you to Ismi ( in the buffet restaurant) and Sjors for first class service Again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AndreHerrenschmidt01, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Jason1818,

Thank you for your very kind review about your recent second experience with us at Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah.

We are very pleased that you had a most enjoyable stay with us, thank you for your kind comments about our team members, the cuisine in Lexington Grill and breakfast. I have shared your review with all of the team members, they are delighted.

I hope that you will keep the Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah as your favorite holiday destination and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

My husband and I stayed at the hotel in June 2014 and were pleasantly surprised in every respect. Our suite was nice and big. Small details like a daily changing towel sculpture on the bed gave a personal touch.
The gardens are large and designed in such a way that you can have privacy if you want to . There is an adults-only pool (great!) and kabanas for 2 people surrounded by tropical trees. Considering the location in the desert, we hadn't expected such a abundance of lush greenery.
The interior of the hotel was very stylish. The staff was very attentive in all restaurants, lounges and bars. Value for money was excellent, as we had booked a package holiday with half-board. . Breakfast at Qasr al Bahar was delicious, they had a large selected of dishes and wonderful fresh fruit. Dinner at the main Restaurant was not of a consistent quality, the Indian dishes were much too hot for Europeans. Food at Marjan was delicious and our waiter Mohammed aka Roshni gave us some excellent advice on which dishes to choose. The view from this restaurant's terrace is amazing! Bar keeper Anand at the Camelia Lounge makes the very best cocktails and mocktails ever. Try his Mai Tai or Whiskey Sour. Food at Umi was overrated, average and much too expensive. It doesn't come up to the quality offered by Nobu or Zuma in Dubai. Massages were overpriced but good, Rehka is a wonderful therapist; however, prices were about double of those at One and Only or Park Hyatt in Dubai. They should consider having a half-price Happy Hour at the Spa like other hotels. Food and Service at the Lexington Grill were outstanding. The interior of the night-club is amazing, very stylish! Franzisca and her colleagues at the pools made sure we always had water, towels and cold refreshments, they were courteous and friendly throughout. Lunch at the stylish pool side Restaurant Azure was really nice as well, but they should have their bar-keepers trained by Anand. Our Suite was impeccably clean inside, but the Windows were very dirty outside, the breakfast tables were nice and clean, but the tables at Camelia should be scrubbed as one could see the imprints of my glasses reflected in the sunlight; and the Kabanas should be scrubbed every few days. But compared to other hotels like One and Only Dubai, this hotel was definitely cleaner.

Room Tip: Take a corner suite with balcony
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Luxury_Traveller_BL,

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed the services, Anand’s cocktails, the cabana’s, spa and your overall experience. Thank you for your comments about the interiors of the hotel and the food and beverage experience. I have shared your review with the team so that we can ensure all of your comments are reviewed.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to the Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah again in the near future.

Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

Initially my mother took a simple double room as we could not crave for something more luxurious. Luckily enough we were offered a top-up to a Junior Suit (now, actually, I'm trying to create the same room design in my flat in Moscow). We had a brilliant personal assistant ( I had a personal assistant!) Shiny, an extremely kind person. The building itself was just amazing, from the very bottom to the top. It looked like it had been cut out of ivory, absolutely magical piece of architecture. Another piece of high Art in this hotel is food. Frankly, every single dish was sublime. And the waiters are all, ALL very friendly, quick and helpful. Special thanks to Nitika (very kind person, swift and entertaining, ready to gve a nice piece of advice about where to go nearby), Vishnu (who ALWAYS remembered the names of ALL visitors) and Ashraf (we were so happy each time when siting in the area he was working, very attentive, he felt when he should have come up to a visitor to take the order).

Two guys who worked on the beach, thank you too! Note, on the beach you needn't shift the chaise-longue or search for the towel, those guys will do it for you, while you mind your (royal) business.

The only thing that I didn't like is the lack of entertaining, but I guess this place is for a total relaxation (By the way, the SPA is highly recommended to visit, it's divine).

Room Tip: Somewhere in the middle as 3 highest floors are noisy. Take the room with the balcony!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Daria K,

I was delighted to read that your experiences with us left you so happy, thank you for taking time to highlight individual team members, the cuisine, architecture, the spa and beaches. I am glad that you enjoyed Shiney’s personal service and the friendliness of our other team members. Your comments have been shred with them. We wish you luck with your refurbishment of your apartment in Moscow!

uk
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Wow: I am unable to fault the WA Ras Al Khamiah as the teething problems (safe not functioning) we experienced on our first day were dealt with promptly. The hotel inside is absolutely beautiful.There is so much space and its nicely furnished .Upon arrival at 10am we were told we would have to wait until our room became available and the staff sorted our room by 11am. It would have been nice to have a complimentary snack whilst we waited, especially after the 45mins drive from Dubai International.

We were pleasantly surprised that our classic room looked more like a suite, as there was so much room. The walk in closet was nicely equipped with hairdryer, with wardrobe space for his and hers. The bathroom was laid out well. What I liked most was the walk in shower didn't spill into the rest of the bathroom which is rare in most fancy hotels.

There were plenty of sunbeds to relax by the pool and more than enough shade for those unable to cope with the heat. The pools were surrounded by cabanas. Our first day of arrival was a Saturday which is the weekend for Emiratees and ex-pats so it was fairly busy on that day. However Sunday through to Thursday it was empty.

We ate daily for breakfast and evening meals in the Al Qasar (main restaurant) and there was a variety for all taste buds. We ate outside in the warm conditions for both breakfast and dinner and there was enough room and no need to pre-book. The staff made the stay extremely welcoming as they remembered our names, our favourite tipples and generally customer service was of a high quality. We ventured onto the beach a couple of times which made a break from the poolside. We loved in particular the adult pool which was useful for those who love to swim lengths (25m) and there were plenty sunbeds. On one of our days we ventured to the local mall which was 2min drive approximately 5Dhs and we were able to purchase soft drinks, a fraction of the hotel prices. The gym is a good size and they have five treadmills and modern equipment. A special thanks for making our stay comfortable goes to Marino, Ashram, Amit, Roy. We will definitely be returning to the Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khamiah.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear vaulting,

I was delighted to read that you had such an enjoyable stay with us and enjoyed the warm, friendly and personalised service that Waldorf Astoria is so well known for together with the breakfast and dinner experiences in Qasr al Bahar. Your kind comments are greatly appreciated and it was indeed our pleasure to have you as our guests.

I have shared your comments with Marino, Ashram, Amit and Roy, they were thrilled to hear that their efforts was appreciated.