“Can't wait to go back!”

Ranked #2 of 26 Hotels in Ras Al Khaimah
London, United Kingdom
“Can't wait to go back!”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I came here for a 10 day holiday with my partner, and we both loved nearly every minute of it.
From the moment we checked into our room, which was spacious with a beatiful view of the bay we were impressed.

The food and service here was incredible, with a special mention to Anita who lovingly greeted us nearly every meal time, and took the time to really make us feel welcome.

Although there was only 1 restaurant open when we went it was only crowded the once and that was on the Arabic night which is held ever Friday. This 1 night is the only real complaint I have to make about the holiday. The restaurant was packed and clearly not enough staff were in place that night, and when a member of staff then tried to seat us at a dirty table, I was less than impressed.

They have a rooftop bar, which is over 21's only, that we loved. It was almost deserted up there, and was a great place to go and chill in the evenings and listen to live music.

We spent 10 days sitting by the 1 of the pools, where we never had to fight for a sun bed. I only went to the beach a few times as im presonally not a fan, but the sand on it is made from crushed shells so its hurts your feet to walk on, so I recommend flip flops!!

I am very much hoping to go back later this year as I enjoyed it so much!

Room Tip: I had a room overlooking the bay, the hotel is situated on a road with almost no traffic or cars so...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Pi-Anna-3

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (613)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
UAE
Reviewed 21 April 2014

First the check-in process took more two hours. My family reached the hotel before me at around 14:00, and didn't get their room until 17:00. I reached the hotel a little later around 16:00 and got in the room around 18:30. Second the manager decided to change my booking (downgraded my room) in his wisdom in order for me to be close to my family, I wasn't informed until the time of checking-in. Later I decided to insist on keeping the room I booked. My room had a terrible smell (similar to sewage). Called many times and their only solution was the air freshener sprayed which after an hour goes away and the bad smell comes back. This smell made me hate staying in the room. Tried to request another room but the hotel seemed full and only option was to again take the smaller room which we refused since the space won't be enough for us and the kids.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

4 Thank Suwaidi
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Brand new and very luxurious resort on a stunning location. Perfect if you are traveling with kids with lots of activities for them to join. Multiple swimming pools and large beach area with lots of beach activities.

The rooms are very nice and have a good balcony. Good restaurant options with friendly staff.

Definately recommended!

1 Thank Chantal B
Brooklyn, New York, United States
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I am very conflicted about the review I am about to write because for the most part my stay in this resort was wonderful. The resort itself is absolutely beautiful, and on most occassions the staff was professional, attentive and very helpful. Unfortunately, my initial entrance to the resort was very poorly handled and the resort did not attempt to compensate me in any way.

My flight arrived in Dubai on a Saturday night at 7:30 PM (this was 15 minutes early, it was supposed to arrive at 7:45pm). Prior to my arrival, I made arrangements with the resort staff for transportation from the airport in Dubai to the resort in Ras-al-Khaimah. I am a young woman traveling alone to a country I had never been to, so I was very careful about arranging my transportation from the airport to the hotel. I exited the airplane, went through passport control, claimed my baggage, and immediately headed towards the exit. To my surprise, there was no one there waiting for me. I spent about 15 minutes running around trying to figure out where my transportation was, and then attempted to call the hotel at 7:45 (I have proof of this in my call log). My cell phone was not working in Dubai, and eventually a kind stranger lent me his phone to call the resort. The staff at the resort informed me that the driver had waited for me for an hour (obviously either impossible, or the driver got to the airport way too early) and left. Considering that the staff had my flight information, it is quite shocking to me that they do not understand that an hour is a perfectly reasonable amount of time to get through passport control and baggage claim. If my plane lands at 7:30, it is a logistical impossibility that I will be sitting in a cab at 7:45. I was completely alone, and after a 13 hour flight from new york city, I assure you I was eager to get out of the airport. When I spoke to the staff, they offered me no apologies and simply kept stating that the driver had waited for me for a long time. They instructed me to take a cab. To make matters worse, my cab driver did not know how to get to the resort in ras-al-khaimah (something for you to consider), and what should have been a 1 hour cab ride actually became a 2 hour cab ride and the driver kept the meter running the entire time.

Now I understand that mistakes happen, and I have plenty of good things to say about this resort as well, but it is alarming to me that I did not even receive an apology. After being left alone in an airport in a foreign country, you would think that the resort would make some attempt at compensating for their mistake rather than berrating me over the phone about how long it took me to get through customs.

Now, trying to get past this initial impression I would also like to tell you about the things I loved. The resort is truly beautiful. When you walk in, everything sparkles and the staff is warm and welcoming. Any time I had a question, the staff was able to answer it and provide me with many options. Room service was quick and efficient, and while I saw some other reviews complaining about the food, I actually found it to be pretty great. The breakfast buffet is particularly delicious! The beach has this inflatable playground, which is extremely fun, and there are many beautiful, clean, pools. I would probably recommend this resort for anyone. I was meeting my boyfriend at the resort, and we had a very private, romantic experience. However, I saw many children and families around, and they seemed to be having a wonderful time as well. The resort is big enough that the presence of children did not ruin my romantic getaway in the slightest. Overall, I had a wonderful time, and if it hadn't been for the poor handling of my initial experience I would have given this resort five stars.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Around all of the pool areas the tiles used are incredibly dangerous and are extremely slippy when wet. Several children fell over seriously banging their heads on the hard floor. This is a major design fault. Also, only one retsuarnat was fully open (Buffet) and another had only a very limited set menu. This was not mentioned when we booked and so we were very disappointed with the lack of restaurant choice available. The fact that the hotel is not fully open yet must be better communicated.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dubai, Uni Emirat Arab
Reviewed 20 April 2014

It's a nice place overseeing part of the sea but not directly facing the Gulf.
The hotel resort complex is big and you shall expect to walk from the main building to your room, which is OK during winter but I can't imagine doing that in the warmer months.
There's a lift on each building so you don't have to carry the luggage through the stairs.

We arrived quite late night and a little bit hesitated to order room service meals. But looking the variety of the menu and reasonable price, we went ahead to order pizza and buffalo wings. The dinner arrived in about 35 minutes in a special warmer container and the staff quickly set them up on our table. The meal taste good and well prepared.

The next morning we went to the restaurant at the main building for breakfast. The variety is not that great but the quality is great for breakfast.

I don't have much time trying all the facilities but in general they are clean and well maintained. Overall we have good experience here.

The distance from nearby shopping mall probably will put some people off, but if you plan to spend the whole weekend at only one place, this is one good alternative to consider.

Room Tip: If you get there with your own car, ask a room closer to car park.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I have been staying at many DoubleTree hotels and resorts arround the world and this one has so far been the best I have seen. The resort is located on a man made island, approximate 45 minutes away from Dubai airport and is still brand new and very well designed. The rooms are clean, elegant and spacious. They have different selections of restaurants and bars, we tried and liked all of them. The quality of the food in the hotel is consistently exceptional and we can recommend the seafood platters with fresh fish and lobster together with a nice glass of wine and the sea and moonshine in the backdrop. Private beach dinners are also available to book and their is a bar/shisha lounge on the top floor of the hotel which is parituclary nice in the evening. The beach is clean and plenty of sunbeds are available, even though the hotel seemed to be fully booked. There are also many swimming pools and different children play areas arround the hotel and they have a friendly kids club. James and Pushba from the restaurants and bars were very helpful and offered great service. We were travelling with a small baby and I can recommend the hotel for families but also for couples and for those looking for quiet and relaxing vacation. We liked it very much and already booked again for the next weekend!

Room Tip: Paying a little extra for a seaview room is worth it!
1 Thank tfrogk