6,651 results
All reviews bay club anchor bar marjan island pirate ship green band animation team double tree doubletree by hilton value added travel pool bar kids club aqua park special thanks main building all inclusive package buffet restaurant special mention
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I recently stayed at DoubleTree by Hilton on Marjan Island in RAK and I can safely say it was one of the worst experiences I’ve had off hotel hospitality in the region. Having lived in Dubai for the last 5 years, this hotel has definitely been the worse I have visited. Upon arrival the first thing that struck me was the dead flowers in the lobby entrance. Next, when you looked straight ahead, there was a couple of lady’s singing to a loud synthesiser which does not look or sound professional in what’s classed as a 5* hotel. Upon check in, the poor Nepalese staff member who had a training badge on his jacket, was left unattended, and did not know what packages were available In terms of all inclusive deals. He was in fact selling us incorrect packages. The total time for check in was 40 mins. Highly unacceptable.

Half way through the holiday with my family, at 3am we were woken up for smoke alarm maintenance in our room. The following day at 18:30pm, we received a call to our room telling us that we were under charged at check In, and i had to come to the check in desk to pay the rest. Again, very unprofessional and quite honestly, as small as it might sound, really upset the holiday at that point. To receive such a call to our room. The professional thing to do would have been to leave a letter. There is many more instances at this hotel which I am very unhappy about, and for sure will not recommend to future colleagues in the UAE and/or friends.

Poor standards.

Trip type: Travelled with family
NaderH69, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Resort & Spa Marjan Island, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear shanerep,

Thank you for taking the time to review us and I am terribly sorry to hear of the shortcomings encountered during your recent stay. We highly value your input as it will assist us in improving our service levels.

We hope to redeem your faith in us, and to one day provide you with a great experience that you well deserve. Until then I remain with sincere apologies.

First impression always right☝️
Thank you so much for the receptionist (mautahira ) for her great service she made my day
Welcomed us even I came in wrong date which Iam not suppose to come in.
She helped us to find rooms .
She gave me rooms even better than the one i got requested
The hotel is so clean and the all staff are smiling and really helpful

Dear So_890,

Thank you for sharing your experience in Trip Advisor Web site!

It was an absolute delight to have welcomed you to our resort DoubleTree by Hilton Resort & Spa Marjan Island. We have reviewed your recent stay at our hotel and we appreciate your feedback.

Your wonderful comments make our efforts so much more worthwhile knowing they are appreciated.
I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Firstly we took up the hotels option of free transfer - we were met at the airport & then a group of us were taken to the shuttle bus & provided with a bottle of cold water (nice touch). We got to the hotel around 10.30am knowing check in wasn’t until 2pm we hoped we’d get an early check in which we were allocated around 12noon.

The room itself we had provided two large beds (I travelled with my mum so this was perfect) we had an excellent beach & pool view with balcony - the room was perfect for us. We took advantage of the robes, slippers & kettle etc.

Our room cleaner was excellent too with nice touches of petals on the bed & the water each day.

We booked our stay on a bed & breakfast rate which suited us fine. We enjoyed the variety on offer for the breakfasts & always managed to get a seat outside each morning to enjoy the sunshine.

We visited the Anchor pub each evening for happy hour 1+1 free on the drinks. We also enjoyed a couple of evening meals here. Nothing exactly special about the food general pub food but nothing to what we didn’t expect & all very nice. What were special were the meals we enjoyed in the Vespa Italian restaurant & the Sanchaya Asian restaurants were very good - ones not to miss!

The drinks were a little expensive but nothing you wouldn’t expect if you aren’t going all inclusive.

All in all my mother & myself enjoyed our break, the beach & pools were lovely & we wouldn’t hesitate in recommending this hotel for some well needed sunshine & relaxation!

2  Thank enzo812

Dear enzo812,

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Fantastic food, good drinks, lovely pool area, particularly liked the adults only pool away from the banging music at the family pools. Room was clean and functional but at one end of the resort, so we ordered a buggy to pick us up if we were going to the far end. baking hot in August, we loved it but the sea was very very warm, uncomfortably so on one day so stick to the chilled pools. Very likely to return

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Camper149204,

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is our 6th visit to this hotel and as usual the staff were very accommodating, our room at Bay Club was within easy access to the pool and beach this resort is ideal for couples and families wishing to have a relaxing holiday at an affordable price.

Kind thanks to all the staff who made us feel so welcome especially Subhash the Operations Manager and Venidic Dimaunahan jr Sous Chef for the delicious meals prepared. We would also recommend the Sanchaya restaurant that serves Asian food.

All in all it was another great holiday :)
Garry & Samantha

Room tip: Rooms are very large with super king beds
Date of stay: February 2019