“Excellent Break”

Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in Ras Al Khaimah
Beaminster, United Kingdom
“Excellent Break”
Reviewed 12 May 2011

A nice hotel. Having stayed in Dubai many times before I would recommend this hotel. Some things they could do slightly better but all round it was good. The weekend gets very busy with locals using the hotel but we still managed to get sunbeds ok but these could easily be a problem. We had the AI option which was good for us.

I have to agree with a previous comment that Jimmy the Virgin rep is the rudest and most unhelpful person going. I will be taking this up with Virgin but no blame should be put on the hotel with this. We got a cab from the airport which took an hour and time you had tipped the driver was about 250 AEDs

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
RMHiltonRAKResortSpa, Manager at Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 13 May 2011
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your Trip Advisor Review and kind comments.

It is true that week-end can be busy with week-enders but thanks to our large facilities, including 1.6kms of sandy white private beach and our 6 pools, the Resort is offering enough choice for our guest's satisfaction.

We hope to have the privilege to welcome you back in the too not distant future.

Kind regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,023)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 May 2011

I have just returned from a 6 night stay at this hotel...... it was a special holiday for my husband and I, a belated 25th Wedding Anniversary and a special birthday for me!!! On arrival we were greeted with a drink whist waiting to check in..... about 5 minutes.... we were upgraded to a deluxe room in the hotel which was ready straight away...... we arrived approx 11.15 am......... our room was spacious and very clean and had a sea view, and on return from our first look around there was a birthday cake waiting for us. The food was excellent and we didn't feel the need to venture to the other restaurants as there was so much choice and a different theme each evening, the Asian night especially, the hotel did get noticeably busier on Friday, (locals come for the weekend) our last day, we did have trouble finding a sun bed..... earlier in the week we had two beds each under an umbrella on the beach, which was also very clean. The bars were fantastic, we were AI, it did have its restrictions ie pay extra for alcohol after 12 midnight, but that didn't bother us. We took a hotel car with chauffeur to Dubai for the day on Thursday, we had a helicopter trip over the palm, the world and Dubai....... which is a must!! the driver took us on a tour of the city stopping at places of interest....... the tallest building........ wow ......... the largest shopping centre in the world!!! our driver was fantastic...... cost for him for the day was £100, helicopter was extra!! We would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to family and friends and will definitely return one day.

1 Thank karen1005
Dear Guest,

Thank you for completing a Trip Advisor Review on your recent visit to our Resort.

Great to see you enjoyed your holiday and that our Team Members looked after you through out your stay, specially to celebrate your Wedding Anniversary. I have passed your comments onto the team this morning, who I know will appreciate them.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 7 May 2011

Stayed at this resort with my husband for our wedding anniversary for two nights. Check in was excellent and the staff really attentive and informative congratulating us on our anniversary. We were then taken down to the otherside of the resort where the villas are by beach buggy by a friendly guy who told us about each of the areas we passed.

We had paid to be upgraded to a beach villa and after reading reviews had quite high expectations, but the room itself was nothing particularly special. It was a small bedroom with a good size bathroom, although this was quite worn with chips in the bath and sink and marks on the walls. The balcony was cramped. So cramped we couldn't have the table sitting inbetween the two chairs as it was so narrow. Probably made worse by the wall blocking the view of next doors balcony which was about 15 times bigger than ours.

The helpful check in guy recommended one of the wavebreaker restaurants right by our villa for a 'romantic dinner' seeings it was our anniversary. Of the two choices we chose Passage to Asia. Firstly they had run out of draft beer so no pints available, but they could offer us two bottles of beer to make a pint which was about twice the price. Some nice crackers to start with a dip free of charge, very salty, followed by even saltier tempura and spring rolls. Our mains had the same problem and whilst edible not enjoyable. To top it off a stray cat, familiar it seemed to the waiting staff, was hanging around and jumping on the tables. The only saviour was the waiter who was fantastic and attentive and brought us a delicious banana and ice-cream dessert to apologise for the problem with the beer.
A nice touch on going back to the room was that they had left us a happy anniversary cake and some nice dates in the room which we didn't expect.

Breakfast in Maarid reminded me of Butlins, canteen like, noisy, full the brim with no clean tables to sit. The food was average and canteen like and nothing nice like fresh juices all manufacturered and understaffed. We ate there again that evening as we had a voucher for buy one get one free and it was much the same. No atmostphere and nothing particularly special about the food or the service.

Before our stay we had contacted the spa to book a massage and they suggested we take advantage of their 25% off offer by booking at 12 noon on the day if we booked a 60 minute treatment. Despite turning up at 12 we couldn't get a booking of any kind which was disappointing.

Drinks are expensive in the UAE and we didn't mind paying the inflated price for a cocktail but watched as it was made out of ooodles of strawberry syrup and a teaspoon of sparkling wine that made it too sickly to even drink at almost £10 a shot.

Having said all the above we did have a nice time as it is relaxing at the villas. I'm not sure, having walked the other end, whether we have felt the same as the pool was packed and noisy. The staff here are very helpful and attentive and have clearly been trained very well. It just, at times, felt a bit like a holiday camp trying to be a 5 star resort.

Dear Guest,

I am sorry to hear that we failed to meet some of your expectations during your short break at the Resort and I appreciate your feedback, which will enable us to review our service standards.

I will share your feedback pertaining food, breakfast ambiance, spa booking and service with respective teams, who hopefully will feel proud of having been a positive part of your week-end experience.

We look forward to welcoming you again, for another relaxing stay at the villa.

Oxfordshire
Reviewed 6 May 2011

I stayed for a week with my family during a busy Easter period.
On day one I had concerns. We turned up not to have two room ready or the interconnecting option we had requested when booking, months ago. This did not bring immediate smiles to our faces.
It also resulted in waiting roughly 7 hours to get these rooms ready. I was ready to pack up and leave!
However.... The rest of the holiday was superb! Staff were so friendly and helpful, food and drink excellent (pasta restaurant is fabulous) and no other issues - apart from jimmy the virgin rep. He was useless, uninterested and dodged people permanently. I do not blame the hotel for this, but virgin and I am taking it up with them.
Evening entertainment was a lot of fun. Fidel is singing in one bar and a dj in the nightclub. I don't think you can complain about that!
There are many restaurants we dud not visit as they are about a mile to the other end of the resort. But I did hear a shuttle was available, so we just took the easy option.
Cleanliness is 100% super high standard.
Pools are sublime, something and enough for all ages.
The beach was busy and shelly so harsh on the feet and jelly fish are in abundance. But it was still nothing to complain about.
I had my gripes at the start, but generally this place is highly recommended. Already missing it!

• Stayed March 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for visiting our hotel and completing a Trip Advisor Review on your return at home.

Great to read that you enjoyed your holiday and thank you for your comments which I will pass on to the team.

Sorry for your waiting time when you arrived. Depending on the occupancy and your early arrival, it can be challenging sometime to allocate your rooms as per your booking but I was happy to read that it was resolved by our team members.

We hope you have the opportunity to visit our Resort again in the future.

Suffolk
Reviewed 5 May 2011

I stayed here for 6 nights with my 9 year old daughter.From the time we arrived until the day we departed we were treated with kindness and repect by all the staff .We had buffet breakfast every morning which was great .My daughter loved the pancakes which were made fresh to order and I the omelettes .The selection was vast ranging from cereal to pastries and full english .We stayed in a twin deluxe room which had 2 double beds which were very comfortable ,everything in the room was clean and served its purpose .We were lucky enough to be given a pool view which was lovely .Every morning I sat drinking my coffee watching the staff prepare the pool area for the guests .They do a great job as do all the staff from restaurant to housekeeping .
Each day we took the hotel shuttle to the Resort and Spa which was great .We didn't do the trip to Dubai as we were going there for 9 nights after staying in Ras Al Khaimah .In the evening we either walked or took the shuttle to Manar Mall .The walk was great as we looked around shops that we would have otherwise missed .There is a really nice homeware store on the way to the Mall .Manar Mall has everything you need for a few hours of shopping plus there is a movie theatre and a large Carrefour (walmart type store)
I would recommend this hotel to all and I look forward to returning next year .

Room Tip: The pool view was lovely.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Flower1Suffolk
ErwinV, Manager at Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 3 August 2011
Dear Flower1suffolk,

Your description of our breakfast did wet my apetite, thank you for your most kind review of our product and services.
Naturally we will share your feedback with the team, which will motivate them to keep doing what they do so well, give excellent service to the guest.
Prior to your next visit, please contact us so we can try our utmost to give you your preferred room again for your next stay.

Yours with warm regards,

Erwin van der Veen
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 May 2011

We arrived with the family in the morning, our rooms where not ready that moment, wich was okay and we understood that, but then the breakfast, was very very crowdy and full it seemed like the restaurant was too small for so many people! The chefs outside were really helpfull, as we didnt had anymore cutlery after we made the first round, and nothing was outside! the service seemed a bit to busy and we were missing the personal touch. After breakfast we went to the room, which was very nice spacy and new, but the towels were not really clean :(... 5 stars... and everything seemed a bit dusty. We talked to guest services , but it was a while until we recieved new and more towels. The beach, pool and resort facilties been very nice and clean, the little was very happy about the mini club! On our last day we went to the italian restaurant, which was great, the food was very good, and the chef came personally to our table, which was great for the kids.

All in all it was fine, only thing I was missing more staff in service.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
RMHiltonRAKResortSpa, Manager at Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 6 May 2011
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for completing a Trip Advisor Review on our Resort and your kind comments, which I have passed on to the team.

I am sorry to hear that we failed to meet your expectations when you arrived at the Resort and I appreciate your feedback, which will enable us to review our service standards.
The Resort was very busy last month, especially with families - it was the school holiday in most countries at the same time.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kindest regards,
Fareham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 May 2011

Returned from this wonderful resort 2 weeks ago and can't wait to go back!! Having read some of the negative reports on here was a little concerned before we left. However I needn't have worried! This resort is wonderful! The service from the minute we checked in until we left was without fault. The staff in the main dining room do an amazing job of seating people quickly, in a table of their choice (where possible) and all with smiles on their faces!

We were on an all inclusive basis and we couldn't really fault the food - the omelettes cooked to order in the morning were yummy; the salads were all fresh and crisp, no brown soggy leaves!! Also the Sunset bar is the place to drink the all inc cocktails watching the sun go down!

the pool areas are amazing....lots of choice where to sit, although it does get busy and you need to nip out and claim your sunbeds - not at stupid o'clock though, we just did it aobut 9 ish before we went to breakfast. If you do get there later the pool guys are very helpful and if there is a bed free they will find it for you!! The main big pool is saltwater and not temperature controlled so does feel bit chilly when you first get in, however in hot hot sunshine its very refreshing!! All the pool areas and paths around the resort are kept so clean and tidy!

We didn't have our children with us, however I would definitely go back with them. There is a great pool/play area fenced off just for little ones and the beach is very gentle sloping and sea is lovey and calm!

Make sure you take the time to walk right around the bay, especially in the evening.....the 6 degree bar is worth finding!! Evenings are quite quiet, considering the number of people staying in the resort!

Basically a great resort, whether a couple or a family......will definitely be going back!!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thanks for choosing us. You enjoyed so many of the services available on the Resort. Thank you for sharing your experience. We appreciate reading of your enjoyment. I grant you there is a genuine friendliness in the Team Members which is part of their culture. Thank you for noticing.

We sincerely hope to welcome you back on a future trip to the U.A.E.