“A little bit of Heaven!”

Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa
Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Ras Al Khaimah
Reviewed 8 March 2012

My partner and I stayed here for three nights, a bit of a last minute getaway and it was perfect. The staff at the hotel bent over backwards to ensure that our stay was wonderful. The hotel is lovely, we were lucky and got upgraded to a villa, these are gorgeous, private beach, turquoise sea, white sand! The hotel was spotlessly clean, the food (we went all inclusive although there was a bit of a mix up as they normally only do all inclusive for stays of 5 nights or more) was varied, tasty, fresh and there was plenty of it. We ate at a few of the bars/restaurants and it was all excellent. Its not a lively resort, and I don't know that it would be good for families who like to do stuff! Having said that there is a water sports centre where you can do most things including fishing and the hotel organises coaches to Dubai and RAK town for water parks and shopping. BUT if you want to go away, relax, do absolutely nothing and be waited on hand and foot this is the place to go! We can't wait to go back, truly a little bit of Heaven!

Room Tip: Aim for a sea View, some of the rooms overlook the town, not a great view, and 4th floor or above gi...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bexboo
RMHiltonRAKResortSpa, Manager at Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2012

Dear Bexboo,

Thank you very much for taking the time and effort to post a personal review here at TripAdvisor following your stay with us.

We are delighted to note that you found our service, food and facilities to your satisfaction, as this is what we strive to achieve at all times.

We truly appreciate your feedback / review as it is comments from our valued guests that enable us to improve our services and facilities and glad to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

We do look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Kind regards.

Write a ReviewReviews (5,761)

Reviewed 8 March 2012

This resort is very nice, but in some ways I couldn't wait to leave. I hadn't been to the Northern Emirates so I took a trip up from Abu Dhabi for a night.

To be fair, it was another dusty weekend with another sand storm so I couldn't enjoy the pools or beach. The upstairs outdoor lounge was really nice - relaxing to hang out with a beer and shisha.

But I think I was the only solo person in the hotel. It was full of families and seniors and everyone was very low energy and moving slowly. I don't think I saw anyone having fun. Couples would just sit silently and stare at each other over a drink, even kids seemed quiet.

The rooms and grounds are really nice. The staff was friendly. Overall, this is a nice place but compared with other resorts in the UAE, I probably wouldn't come back.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Tanis T

Dear Tanis T,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to write a comment on Trip Advisor regarding your experience.

It feels great to read your appreciative comments on our rooms, friendliness of our staff and the facilities. Apparently you were here during the week-end when we had the sand storm and as mentionned by you, it was difficult to enjoy the beach and pools facilities.

Hopefully we will have the pleasure to welcome you again whenever your leisure plans bring you back to Ras Al Khaimah.

Reviewed 7 March 2012

This Hilton resort is on a vast scale and really isn’t our sort of place at all. But we needed to be in RAK and it seemed to be the best option, especially the so-called chalets on the beach which looked quite lovely on the hotel’s website.

The reality, of course, is rather different as we found our upstairs suite rather dark and gloomy, with cheap furniture, especially on the terrace. On checking in we had issues with the room as well: no towels, only one damp bathrobe, the shower leaked, there was low water pressure, no hot water, the aircon whistled loudly, the curtains in the sitting room area were broken and couldn’t be opened properly, adding to the gloom. I’d say our room was just about four-star level. However, we did inspect a few other rooms in the main block, notably suite 3612 which was truly sumptuous and had the most magnificent view.

We had booked on a B&B basis but when we checked in we were urged to take the half-board supplement at a cost of AUD120 (about £25) each per night. This enabled you to dine in the buffet restaurant which normally costs AUD160 per person. That seemed like a good deal. But when we showed up at the buffet restaurant it was only serving Indian food which we didn’t fancy on empty stomachs. So we went to the Italian restaurant where our AUD120 was suddenly reduced to AUD70. We immediately cancelled our half-board arrangement and complained to the manager. He understood the lack of logic, he showed sympathy, he sent us fruit and chocolates at 11pm and woke us up.

The Italian restaurant here is smart in a metropolitan way and we had two excellent meals there. The enormous buffet restaurant is OK if you eat outside on the terrace. Inside it is huge, noisy and full of children even at 10pm, a total bun fight which we didn’t like at all. There are other dining options including a joint called Pura Vida, which we most definitely didn’t go to, mainly due to the description in the hotel literature: “A continuous procession of char-grilled morsels, carried to your table on sword-like skewers. Turn the coloured wooden signal on your table to green and smiley team members appear with titbits cut straight from the rotisserie.” Ain’t that cute?

Then there is the internet, which costs upwards of AUD40 for an hour. I expect free internet service at this price level and said so. The hotel management agreed and said everyone moans about it. I still paid. Then I had a log-in problem and dialled extension 59, the hotel’s internet help desk. To my utter amazement the man on the other end of the line asked me if I was calling from Sydney, Australia. I said, No, I’m calling from Room 821. “Which hotel?” he said. I said, the Hilton of course. “Which Hilton?” said the man on the other end. It turned out he was in Manila and worked for Nomadix, the hotel’s greedy phone provider.

The English language is a problem for the majority of the staff. They speak EngIish without understanding it. One day I picked up the phone and asked for the tour desk. First of all the girl thought I wanted the Spa. No, I said, the tour desk, you know . . . sightseeing. “You want a dental kit?” she said. I swear I’m not making that up. The staff here are mainly Indian and the guests are mainly Russian and German so I’m not surprised if the occasional guest sets out for a shopping mall and ends up with a root canal job.

Worse might have happened to us because one staff member almost ruined our entire trip. We had a rental car and after we had it valet parked this attendant assumed we had finished with the car and took the keys to the reception desk. The next morning the Hertz rep, based at the hotel, collected the keys and was preparing to drive the car away. By sheer luck we showed up and caught him rummaging around inside our car. If we had not showed up fortuitously at that precise minute our car would have vanished with some of our belongings still inside it. We complained in the strongest terms and were promised a full investigation. We never heard another word.

This sums up the Hilton at RAK - it’s just too big, too disorganised, too impersonal. Guests are merely cogs on a conveyor belt. The hotel was crowded and noisy - music is piped everywhere, the beautiful pools were packed with reddening and usually smoking bodies, there were football matches, volleyball, pingpong (and a lot of other dandy games). And because the human element let this place down for us, big time, and was sometimes downright unprofessional, and because of the gloominess of our room, it rates rather rather low in our estimation.

(We did a wonderful day trip from here, a dhow cruise around the Musandam Peninsula in Oman, smoothly organised by Khasab Tours. Highly recommended.)

Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Pausanias
RMHiltonRAKResortSpa, Manager at Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2012

Dear Pausanias,

Thank you very much for taking the time and effort to post a personal review here at TripAdvisor following your recent stay in our resort.

We truly appreciate any feedback as it is comments from our valued guests that enable us to improve our services and facilities.

I would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused during your holiday and stress that we try our utmost to ensure that all guests enjoy their holiday.

The Hotel is very busy at the moment, especially with families - it is the school holiday in most European countries at the same time.

It is always disappointing when you read comments from a guest who did not enjoy their holiday at the hotel as this is not the intention of any of my management or my team members.

Trip Advisor allows guests to write both positive and negative reviews, which encourages the hotel to continually review their service standards.

As you can imagine, all guest commentaries are seriously taken and all respective departments are alerted in order to make changes as deemed necessary to maintain our hospitality standards.

I hope I can answer some of your comments below:

your room: usually such defaults are supposed to be detected by our Housekeeping team before your arrival. It was not the case during your stay, am very sorry and would like to assure you that I have relayed this to our Housekeeping Manager who will follow up to ensure that the appropriate corrective actions are immediately taken to enhance our quality of work.

The half board package includes the all day dining restaurant where a weekly different theme night buffet is offered for our guests and not only Indian food. If you wish to dine from an a la carte menu, you are entitled to a discount of 70 Dirham per person in any food & beverage outlets.

Regarding the internet help desk, this service is directly managing by the internet service provider, the call centre being based in Manila. I have noted your comment about the cost of Internet access in your room. We offer a 15 minutes free internet access at the business centre and I am also glad to inform you that starting by next summer, all Hilton Hotels will offer a complimentary wireless HSIA in all public areas.

I was sorry as well about the lack of communication between the bell boy service and the Hertz rent a car counter. It has been directly addressed with the Hertz team member as he did not correctly check your car booking and was thinking that you already checked out.

Again, we are very sorry about your disappointment. I hope the above explanations will help future guests and I would like again to thank you for all your comments. I wish you the best in your future travels.

Reviewed 6 March 2012

I went there on a business trip in march (mistake?).
The hotel was full of noisi german tourist that seemed to enjoy but I did not.
The hotel is dated, furniture old, bathroom small, fridge locked, windows with no blinders adn not sealed and sound proof. If you like that the disco/hooker's club named "stallion" donwstairs keeps you up with bass and screams all night it's fine, if you want to rest after a business day it's not.
Gym so poor and small. the grill restaurant was not bad, but last and not least (this counts for all hiltons all over the world), in 2012 internet connection MUST be wireless and free!!! (there was cable and 10€/h). Ok, i got a good cheap offer to go there, otherwise It would not be worth the full price.

Room Tip: not the disco side...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank sarduswanderer
Julien B, Manager at Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2012

Dear fabiomasala ,

First and foremost, please accept my sincere apologies in relation to the experience you received during your recent stay and particularly about your comment about the hotel condition.

Indeed Hilton Ras Al Khaimah is not the latest addition to the Hilton portfolio. We have taken note of your feedback regarding the facilities of the hotel and will not hesitate to use it for future facility upgrade plans.

The team and I hope that despite your disappointment on this occasion, the hotel will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel sometime in the near future.

Kind regards,

Julien Besancon
Food & Beverage Manager

Reviewed 6 March 2012

Good hotel for beach break .......lovely swimmming pools, restaurants and friendly staff. Our group (8 of us) found the all-inclusive deal very good value. Ideal for relaxing pre/after cruise that leaves out of Dubai. Only downside is that it is miles from anywhere......that mostly being Dubai and when you've seen that for a few days how much more do you want of a large city!If you want to stay in Dubai don't book this hotel.
We all loved it and we travel often to the Caribbean and Mauritius,

Room Tip: All seemed to have a sea view.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank idleone

Dear Idleone,

Many thanks for your Trip Advisor Review and kind comments.

Great to see you enjoyed your holiday and that the staff looked after you through out your stay.

A good point to highlight is the good value of our all inclusive package with the different restaurants' options for dining including our speciality restaurants with a daily food allowance of AED 70.

We hope to see you back soon with your friends for another enjoyable stay.

Reviewed 5 March 2012

The hotel is actually a little better than I thought it would be, although it does remind me of the Travel Inn that Alan Partridge lived in for a year in series 1. The rooms are actually quite spacious and very comfortable and you must visit the nightclub next door called Stallions - Comedy gold!

For 540 Aed for the night, you can't really go too far wrong with this hotel but if you're looking for luxury then maybe look towards the Banyan Tree, Hilton Resort & Spa or the Rotana Cove.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Damian M,

Thank you for your most kind review of our hotel.
I have of course shared your feedback with the team.

We do hope to welcome you back to our property.

Warmest regards,

Julien Besancon
Food & Beverage Manager

Reviewed 3 March 2012

We stayed at the Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa on our road trip to Khasab, Oman from Dubai. The resort was not easy to find as there were very few signposts on the roads but the locals all knew where it was and they helped us to find our way there.

The resort's beach villas are spread out along the 2km private beach but buggies were provided to ferry us to and back from the main building. Not that we needed them that often as we enjoyed walking along the beach back and forth. There were plenty of parking spaces for our car and taxis were easily available.

The Deluxe Beach Villa we booked was large and had two queen size beds that easily accommodated our family of four. It had everything we needed but Internet Access via a LAN cable was chargeable. The toilet has two sinks, a bathtub, bidet and a separate shower stall. A kettle, tea & coffee, hair-dryer, iron and and ironing board were also provided. The first floor unit we stayed in has a wide balcony overlooking the beach and, best of all, a rocking chair -- perfect for lazing around while keeping an eye on our kids on the beach.

The main restaurant was quite good and not too pricey. Breakfast was as expected and can be had in the main building or in the Pura Vida restaurant at the far end of the resort. In the winter and on cooler days, I recommend having breakfast alfresco at Pura Vida while enjoying the sea breeze and ocean view there.

The resort was sunny and breezy throughout our stay and it was ideal for spending many hours on the beach doing absolutely nothing. All in all, we had a very enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: Choose the ground level beach villas for easy access to the beach. Choose the first floor units for...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank adrian_vic
RMHiltonRAKResortSpa, Manager at Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2012

Dear Adrian_uae,

Thanks for your comments posted on Tripadvisor site following your stay with us.

Glad to read that you have enjoyed your short stay with us on the road to Khasab in Oman.

The Resort is only 25kms away from the border of Oman therefore it is a great location as well for one night stop before going early morning to Khasab to enjoy sailing and dolphins in a traditional dhow in the beautiful Musamdam Fjords.

The team and I are looking to welcoming you back for another enjoyable stay.