Just back from 7 days chilling by the pool. Top class hotel, with great food and excellent staff throughout, with Keith and Diana from the Maarid restaurant deserving of a special mention for their great, friendly service throughout our stay.
A couple of small negatives:
We were on half board (breakfast and dinner) and whilst we expected (and were happy) to pay for alcoholic and soft drinks (coke, 7-up, etc), it came as something of a shock to have to pay GBP3 for a small (600ml) bottle of water and GBP5 for a 1.5litre bottle. It's very, very hot in UAE in June, and it's essential all visitors keep their fluids up by drinking lots of water throughout the day, and we thought charging so much for water was little short of profiteering. We regularly holiday in the Middle East, and all other similar hotels we have stayed in have provided free water, via water dispensers, at various points in the resort grounds. Come on Hilton - do you really need the money that bad?
And my second slight whinge, as has been mentioned previously, concerns the dozens of locals (and their kids/nannies, etc) who descend on the hotel on Fridays and Saturdays and very much treat it as their own. Whilst I appreciate it's a difficult issue to balance, it is something the hotel's managers need to be aware of.
Having said that, we had a splendid time (not least because we managed to miss both the Jubille 'Celebrations' and last week's dreadful UK weather), and we would recommend the hotel to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa is nestled in a spectacular private bay at the northern tip of the Arabian Peninsula, overlooking the shimmering waters of the Arabian Gulf. Only a 70 minute drive to Dubai International Airport and two hours from Abu Dhabi International Airport. Guestrooms: The Resort consists of 151 guestrooms in villas and 324 guestrooms in the hotel, each with a private balcony and exclusive access to the beautiful 1.5 km sandy beach. All guestrooms are fully equipped with a Plasma TV, minibar, alarm clock, coffee facilities, safe box, iron with board, hair dryer and wired internet (fee). Dining: With 13 restaurants and bars to choose from, guests will be spoilt for choice. Start the day with Hilton Breakfast in the bright and spacious Maarid, then stop by BN Cafe for your favourite coffee, or swim up to Sunset Bar before grabbing a barbecue lunch at Al Bahar with an underwater view. Begin your evening with a traditional Middle Eastern shisha in 6 Degrees, before contemplating whether to try South American cuisine in Pura Vida, Sushi in Passage to Asia or classic Italian fine dining at Piaceri da Gustare. At night, spend great times at the classic X.O bar serving cognac and vintage ports. Leisure: The Spa features 9 treatment rooms, hamams, Jacuzzis, saunas and steam rooms. For the gym enthusiasts, there is a Hilton fitness by Precor center with aerobics rooms. Or take part in water sports with our on-site diving center offering snorkeling, water skiing, sailing and jet skiing. The perfect end to a day is a swim in one of our six swimming pools; including a salt water pool and a shaded pool for children. An onsite Kid's Club with indoor and outdoor playrooms and a Teens Club will keep the children and teens busy whilst you relax in the best resort in Ras Al Khaimah. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Southall Travel, Holiday Gems, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Travelbag, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Hotel Ras Al Khaimah
- Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort And Spa
- Ras Al Khaimah Hilton
- Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa