Just come back from a fabulous week at this hotel. We booked through Virgin Holidays and landed early in the morning and straight from the beginning we were made to feel welcome. Here is the lowdown on our stay:
Check in and reception area: Check in was quick and efficient and the lady behind the desk gave us plenty of information to get us started on our stay, including a map of the resort and information on the various restaurants and facilities. The reception is very nice and quite large with several little areas including a bar, a café area serving starbucks, a business centre and shops (including a gift shops, a holiday shop, jewellers and hairdressers). The hotel has a piano player most nights of the week playing in the reception.
Rooms: Our room was on the 4th floor with a fantastic sea view - and a great view of the sun setting in the evening. You could see almost all of the resort. The room had a large double bed (really comfy!!) with lots of fluffy pillows. There was also a sofa and desk as well as a large flat screen TV with lots of international channels. The bathroom was very large with a separate bath and shower, toilet, bidet and double sinks – there was even a set of scales. There is an in-room safe in the cupboard which was very easy to use as well as an iron, ironing board, dressing gowns and slippers for guests to use. The room also had a remote controlled air conditioning unit. There was a mini bar which as you would expect was quite expensive if you wanted to make use of it. However, we took all of the items out and replaced them with our own coke and snacks to keep them cool and then put the original items back in when we left. The one good thing about the mini bar was the complimentary 1.5ltr bottles of water. There were also coffee and tea making facilities but we did not use these. The room was very quiet and there was little or no noise from any of the other rooms or corridors etc.
Pool/Beach Area – This area is so pretty, especially when all lit up at night. There are several pools to use. The one to the immediate rear of the hotel is a salt water pool and has a swim up bar. This is not very deep and can only came up to my waist at the deepest part. This pool is very large and does feed into another pool so be careful if you do not want a salt water pool. This pool is also not temperature controlled so is quite warm. The other pools are not saltwater and are temperature controlled. The pools are either 2 or 3 steps to get in or you can wade in and it was very nice just to sit in the shallow area with the cool water lapping around you as the 42 degree sun beat down on you. There was plenty of sunbeds and umbrellas and we never had a problem finding some. You are given towel cards upon arrival and you can exchange these for pool/beach towels. The beaches were clean and well kept (there was a staff member walking along the shoreline picking up any rubbish left by the guests).
Restaurant – We only ate in the main Maddrid Restaurant as we were half board. It is very busy at peak times but we only waited a couple of minutes at most for a table to become free. The service from the staff was excellent – The lady at the entrance was very nice and even remembered that my partner was using a crutch and commented when he arrived for dinner able to walk without it and the waitress we had remembered what drinks we wanted and that we wanted to pay cash for them. Drinks are quite expensive which I would say is the only let down with the food/drink. A can of Pepsi at dinner costs 18Dirhams (approx. £3.50) although we learnt that if you asked for a large in a pint glass it was still only 18Dirhams! The food was very good. They have a different theme each night and there is plenty to satisfy even the pickiest of people. Breakfast is quite vast with a huge range of options from omelettes to cereals to croissants. There are several other restaurants and bars in the hotel but we did not make use of them so cannot comment.
Shuttle to Manar Mall: The hotel provides a courtesy bus to the local mall every night at 6:20pm, returning at 8:40. There is a huge demand for the bus and everyone just rushes to the front to get on. This is obviously no fault of the hotel but it tells you that the seats on the bus are coveted. On one night there was only room for about half of the people that had turned up for the bus and so they had to put on a second one. There was usually plenty of room on the way back as people decided to get a taxi back instead of waiting for the bus. It is only 15 minutes away so I can’t imagine a taxi would be expensive. There is a large hypermarket in the mall (Carrefour) where you can get very cheap drinks and snacks for your room. As I said, we emptied the mini bar and filled it with our drinks to keep them cool.
Shuttle to Dubai: We took 2 shuttles to Dubai. The first time, we took advantage of the free Virgin Holidays bus. This picks you up at 11am and collects you again at 4pm. When you consider that Dubai is an hour and a half from the hotel, you don’t get much time. We stayed in the Dubai Mall where the bus dropped us off (1500 shops and entrance to the Burj Khalifa) and window shopped andhad some food (Nandos foe less than £6 each!). Our second trip was through the hotel itself. We paid 100Dirhams to get picked up at 9am and dropped off about 11am (it picks up at the other 2 Hiltons in the area) and picks you up again at 5:30pm – again to and from the Dubai Mall. While we were here we went up the Burj Khalifa (purchased though our Virgin Holiday Rep for 140 Dirhams each), went to the beach and saw the Burj al Arab, took the monorail up the Palm and then back to Dubai Mall in time for a quick bite and some souvenir shopping. The city is very spread out and we had to use taxi’s to make the trips between the various locations.
To summarise, we had a brilliant, relaxing holiday and the hotel was so nice and picturesque and the staff were always pleasant and helpful. It was made all the better by being able to easily get into Dubai. Beach holiday and city break rolled into one! We will be back! 5 stars!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa is nestled in a spectacular private bay at the northern tip of the Arabian Peninsula, overlooking the shimmering waters of the Arabian Gulf. Only a 70-minute drive to Dubai International Airport and two hours from Abu Dhabi International Airport. Guestrooms: The Resort consists of 151 guestrooms in villas and 324 guestrooms in the hotel, each with a private balcony and exclusive access to the beautiful 1.5 km sandy beach. All guestrooms are fully equipped with a Plasma TV, minibar, alarm clock, coffee facilities, safe box, iron with board, hair dryer and wired internet (fee). Dining: With 11 restaurants and bars to choose from, guests will be spoilt for choice. Start the day with Hilton Breakfast in the bright and spacious Maarid, then stop by BN Cafe for your favourite coffee, or swim up to Sunset Bar to grab your favourite cocktail. Begin your evening with a traditional Middle Eastern shisha in Al Bahar Rooftop, before contemplating whether to try South American cuisine in Pura Vida or classic Italian fine dining at Piaceri da Gustare. At night, spend great times at the classic X.O. bar serving cognac and vintage ports. Leisure: The Spa features 9 treatment rooms, hamams, Jacuzzis, saunas and steam rooms. For the gym enthusiasts, there is a Hilton fitness by Precor center with aerobics rooms. Or take part in water sports with our on-site diving center offering snorkeling, water skiing, sailing and jet skiing. The perfect end to a day is a swim in one of our six swimming pools; including a salt water pool and a shaded pool for children. An onsite Kid's Club with indoor and outdoor playrooms and a Teens Club will keep the children and teens busy whilst you relax in the best resort in Ras Al Khaimah. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Odigeo, Southall Travel, TravelUp, Holiday Gems, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort And Spa
- Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Hotel Ras Al Khaimah
- Ras Al Khaimah Hilton
- Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa