“Great time for all”

Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa
Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in Ras Al Khaimah

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,050)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Houston, TX
Reviewed 14 March 2008

The hotel is not on the coast as you might assume from the website & promotional photos. Instead, it is on the interior Bay. Rooms are satisfactory, but very typical US hotel-motel issue. Next door is a new small restuarant club development, but otherwise the location is pretty much to itself. A main street with restaurants, & a nice small shopping center with food courts etc. are both about a 10 minute walk. Just be aware that like most places in The UAE there is massive construction going on everywhere, including all around this hotel, so walking is not that enjoyable considering all the dust, dirt, wind, etc. The rate of $200 was definitely excessive for this type of property, but is not out of line with prices for the rest of the country. Not much else in the immediate vicinity to pick from. However, if you want a better beach front location, with nice green surroundings I would suggest the Bin Majid Beach Hotel, which is about 5 miles aware, & on the approach in to Ras Al Khaimah from Fujairah. A solid 3 star property with 2 good restaurants & an English pub, which all serve alcohol if you like a drink with your dinner. And a "hidden secret" right next door -- a bar! The Asian Bar on the other side of the parking lot is open to foreigners. One of only 3 bars we found in The UAE that was not connected to a hotel &/or a restuarant with a special license to sell alcohol. Don't know how they qualify, but we found 3 such places, & they were all within walking distance to Bin Majid Hotel facilities, or the Indian Restaurant (which is excellent) in the Bin Majid facilities.

• Stayed March 2008
2 Thank smvhou
Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 January 2008

This was our second visit here and the staff are second to none.Great hotel with excellent buffet food. There is a very varied selection so something to suit everyone. The food down the beach club is good too but can be bothersome with flies. Great beach club.All in all the best hilton hotel we have ever stayed at.

Not too much to do in ras Al khaimah right enough the shopping mall isn't too exciting and neither is the old town. it took us 1 hour from
the airport. A great hotel for a relaxing break with the most attentive staff ever.

• Liked — The staff and the food
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled with family
8 Thank littlereddevilag
Walnut Creek, California
Reviewed 1 January 2008

I spent one night at this Hilton and had an interesting experience. We arrived around 3 am and got into our room. It was nothing special, but it was clean and comfortable and there was a fruit and cookie plate waiting for us. After flying from Paris, my 20 month old daughter and I were beat. We crashed, and were awakened in the morning by a fire alarm. I was dazed as I was exhausted, but I looked out the window and saw that there were fire trucks, an ambulance, a helicopter and all the staff were in the adjacent parking lot, looking back at the building. I grabbed my robe, grabbed my daughter and ran out into the hallway. I ran to the stairway and when I opened the door, there was smoke . I ran down to the other end of the hallway to the other stairway, ran down the stairs, (we were on the 4th floor) and it came out in a staff area. I did not see anyone this whole time and I was starting to panice and my poor daughter was trembling with fear. Suddenly, I saw a man who told me that it was just a fire drill! I went back to the room and looked out the window again and I really can't believe the lengths they went to practice a fire drill. When I called the front desk, they said that they had informed everyone ahead of time, but that they must have missed me since I checked in during the middle of the night! I was not happy! The only good thing I can say about the place is that their lunch buffet was excellent, full of fresh veggies and fruit and salads. Guests who stay here have access to the beach resort and there is a shuttle bus to take you there. Overall, it is an ok place and I would stay there again, but mostly because there are not many places to stay in RAK.

• Liked — buffet
  • Disliked — fire drill
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled with family
3 Thank kyleigh
antrim
Reviewed 29 November 2007

Had a great stay at the Hilton RAK, stayed 17-15th Nov All Inclusive. As all of the other reviews for this hotel i must congratulate the staff at the Hotel. From the minute we arrived till we checked out they really couldn't do enough for us and they are among the friendly and helpfull staff we have ever come across.
Yes the Hotel is a bit dated but it is clean and tidy and is due for a refurb in 2008 but it offers fantastic value for money for a break in the sunshine.
The rooms are cleaned every day and have all that you would need. The food is fantastic, we ate for the whole week at the Main Buffet restaurant for breakfast and evening meal and mst mention "Bernard" and all his staff.
The Hotels beach club is a short bus journey 5mins free from the Hotel and offers great food and drinks A/I and has the main pool area and 2 further pools within the villas you can use. It has a lovely beach area and sheltered bay with watersports available.
Spa treatments are very good and reasonably priced, also available at the Hotel by the pool.
Yes there are building works going on at the Hotel and down the beach club but to be honest we were never disturbed once during the night by the noise and its not a problem down at the beach club. But hey this is the UAE and where are you NOT going to get building works???
ALL in all a great stay and would definately go back.

• Stayed November 2007, travelled with family