We were last here in May 2009, when the resort was not 100% open but it was very good then & remains so now.
Food is first class including on the all inclusive buffet which has a different theme each night. Whilst at lunchtime the outdoor terrace of the Al Bahar between the pools & beach serves a barbecue & salad based buffet also available on the All inclusive. We never had anything other than good quality food.
Staff are very polite & friendly & can't do enough for you
Setting & Grounds are very attractive, especially the pool & beach area & the area around the pools is particularly tastefully lit at night. These are kept immaculate including clearing the small amounts of seaweed from the beach. Although I agree with the other reviewer the toilets by the beach are well used & can be messy.
Rooms - Pretty good & we hadn't upgraded at all
Not so good things (pretty minor)
The beach towel distribution system is a mess, why do we need to sign for towels & produce a towel card & it still gets confused? Surely in a 5-star resort you can trust the guests not to steal the low quality towels. Sort it out Hilton Management!
The evening entertainment was terrible - The crooner in the XO bar is dire (my wife wants to know who thought he was good enough to hire) & the pianist in the Dome bar could be playing at a funeral it's so dull. Didn't the hotel used to have the typical Phillipino lounge singers? Bring them back. I did feel sorry however for the talented belly dancer who was trying to dance in the Esprit bar with the football on the big screen behind her.
Again it's easy to sort out Hilton Management.
The moans are minor, this place is lovely & I would recommend it if you like this part of the world but don't want the bustle of Dubai.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa is nestled in a spectacular private bay at the northern tip of the Arabian Peninsula, overlooking the shimmering waters of the Arabian Gulf. Only a 70 minute drive to Dubai International Airport and two hours from Abu Dhabi International Airport. Guestrooms: The Resort consists of 151 guestrooms in villas and 324 guestrooms in the hotel, each with a private balcony and exclusive access to the beautiful 1.5 km sandy beach. All guestrooms are fully equipped with a Plasma TV, minibar, alarm clock, coffee facilities, safe box, iron with board, hair dryer and wired internet (fee). Dining: With 13 restaurants and bars to choose from, guests will be spoilt for choice. Start the day with Hilton Breakfast in the bright and spacious Maarid, then stop by BN Cafe for your favourite coffee, or swim up to Sunset Bar before grabbing a barbecue lunch at Al Bahar with an underwater view. Begin your evening with a traditional Middle Eastern shisha in 6 Degrees, before contemplating whether to try South American cuisine in Pura Vida, Sushi in Passage to Asia or classic Italian fine dining at Piaceri da Gustare. At night, spend great times at the classic X.O bar serving cognac and vintage ports. Leisure: The Spa features 9 treatment rooms, hamams, Jacuzzis, saunas and steam rooms. For the gym enthusiasts, there is a Hilton fitness by Precor center with aerobics rooms. Or take part in water sports with our on-site diving center offering snorkeling, water skiing, sailing and jet skiing. The perfect end to a day is a swim in one of our six swimming pools; including a salt water pool and a shaded pool for children. An onsite Kid's Club with indoor and outdoor playrooms and a Teens Club will keep the children and teens busy whilst you relax in the best resort in Ras Al Khaimah. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Expedia, Travelbag, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Holiday Gems, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Hotel Ras Al Khaimah
- Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort And Spa
- Ras Al Khaimah Hilton
- Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa