Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa
  • Pool
US$146
US$128
AccorHotels.com
Rixos Bab Al Bahr(Ras Al Khaimah)
US$450
  • Pool
US$222
US$176
  • Beachfront
Al Hamra Residence & Village(Ras Al Khaimah)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$105
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Bin Majid Mangrove(Ras Al Khaimah)(Great Value!)
US$58
US$51
Priceline
5,952 results
All reviewsmaarid restaurantvirgin reppura vidavirgin holidaysxo barbrazilian restaurantdhow bardome barthe salt water poolpiaceri da gustarebeach villamain restauranthalf boardmanar mallresort spaall inclusive packageswim up bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 November 2012

Firstly I would like to thank Martin the guest relations manager who ensured we were given the privileges that Hilton Honors members receive , we had booked 5 night with a points and money reward stay and that gave us a deluxe room for 220 AED a night ( around £40) using 87000 points in total , upon checkin we were upgraded to a Deluxe corner suite for no extra , we also got free wifi and complimentary breakfast as part of our hiltons gold status , we decided to mainly eat at the al a carte restaurants , and they were all very good , also the Al Bahar restaurant was very good at lunchtimes , we had the buffet there on our last day and it was excellent , the buffet dining is included in the AI package and its of a very high standard , we decided not to have an AI package as we like to "dine around" , but if you are happy with buffet dining and want free unlimited drinks then the package is ideal , the drinks list is restrictive to house brands spirits , soft drinks and coffees but is still quite comprehensive , and all drinks in Dubai hotels are not exactly cheap .

With lunchtime snacks/meals and al a carte evening meals and all drinks we spent on average around £120 a day , I think each person has to decide exactly what they want from the options available . However the food quality and service in all areas is excellent .

We also decided to stay around the adult pool area for sunbathing , although the beach looked very nice as well for sunbathing , there are signs in English and Arabic stating that no under 16s allowed , perhaps a sign in Russian would be helpful too ! ? The only criticism I have of this hotel is that it could be a bit more orientated towards adults in specific areas like the adult pool area by giving them sunbed mattresses that are a bit more plush and thicker like the ones on all the other pool area sunbeds , it's the best terrace for all day long sunbathing but lacks appeal. I also felt that the al a carte restaurants lost some of their atmosphere and intimacy because of children running around , we always dine from 8 pm onwards and there would be families already dining , no problem , but then their parents and friends would be having their adult time together chatting and drinking , again no problem , but I then don't want my meal ruined by your bored children , I know they are not annoying you because they're too busy running round my table invading my adult time . It's difficult to say this is the hotels fault , they are aware though as when we arrived at dinner they would try to seat couples away from large family groups , the hotel is very appealing to families and is ideal for them because of the array of activities and facilities available but there is also a lot of couples who were staying there too , it certainly has a lot to offer for everyone .

Most of all this hotel offers beautiful clean surroundings with ever helpful , friendly smiling staff , whichever package you are on you will be looked after and enjoy yourself.

Room Tip: 3rd floor is a good view , main building has wifi reception
1  Thank skybluethinking
RMHiltonRAKResortSpa, Manager at Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2012

Dear Skybluethinking,

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the time you took to write this review regarding your recent stay in our Resort.

Your feedback is even more highly appreciated as you are a Hilton Honors Member and I would like to personally thank you for your choice to stay with us and for spending your loyalty points in our property.

Although the resort is indeed family friendly (particularly busy with children when it is the vacation period in Europe), its configuration and very long beach front (1.4km) and adult pool also make it a favourite destination for couples. As we strive to exceed the expectations of our guests our respective departments will review your suggestions so we can assess these potential improvements.

When contacting our reservations department directly you can be informed of any prevailing circumstances that will assist in choosing the most appropriate time of your visit.

We wish you the best in your future travels and of course look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 23 November 2012

We booked through Virgin Holidays but actually flew with Emirates, so we had a private car transfer for the one hour drive from the airport, the cars were luxury limos so well worth the £103transfer fee, we were lucky as there was a mix up during the booking process and Virgin Holidays agreed to foot the Transfer Fees.
We stayed in an upgraded club room, Minibar restocked daily, one hour free Internet access that normally costs £9 per hour, we did not make use of the complimentary Spa. The Club Room also lets you reserve sunbeds and I can assure you the first weekend that we arrived the pool areas were extremely busy so much thanks to Laxman the Pool Supervisor for finding us a nice spot and ensuring that our beds were reserved daily. For the rest of the week there was no need to reserve beds as most people arrived at the pool between 09:00 and 10:00.
Special thanks to Keith in the Maarid restaurant and Yonas at the adult pool bar, these two people did everything possible to ensure our stay was brilliant.
The whole staff are excellent and were most friendly at any hotel we have stayed at.
There were a few issues with kids in the Adult Pool and I think that a sign nearer to the water in Russian would be very helpful.
As in a previous report we arrived back at our room at 5pm to find that the room had not been made up, I called housekeeping and within 5 minutes somebody was at the door to clean the room, so excellent response.
On the last night booked the Brazilian restaurant and I can only say that this was superb value for money, food was excellent and of the highest quality and we could not finish the courses as there was so much on offer.
We will definetely return to this hotel. Great Holiday thanks to the excellent way this hotel is run.

Room Tip: Club Room well worth the money
2  Thank GrandPoohbaH
RMHiltonRAKResortSpa, Manager at Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2012

Dear GrandPoohbaH,

Thank you for sharing this very kind and thorough review about your recent experience at Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa with the TripAdvisor community.

Your feedback is even more highly appreciated as you are a Senior TripAdvisor reviewer and the quality of your review will be beneficial for all other users to read it as you outline very useful and relevant information in regards to our resort.

We are pleased to note that you enjoyed your time with us and that we were able to make your stay memorable. Rest assured that your suggestions have been brought to the attention of the concerned department heads, for consideration and necessary follow up.

We do look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa, in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 23 November 2012

First off, let me start by assuring you that if you have booked or are thinking of booking up a holiday here then you won't be disappointed!
This is wonderful hotel and upon arrival we were shocked at how big it was. Luckily we were one of the first off the coach and quick to check-in. While checking in we were given the option to upgrade our room to a private beach chalet (that comes with access to a private part of the beach that only those staying in the chalets can go on) we were offered this at £44 a night instead of the usual £260 per night that it should be, we Hilton Honours members and wondered if we were given a preferential rate. Before we confirmed whether we wanted the upgrade, they said we could visit it - we did and we immediately saw what a fantastic deal this was!
We loved our beach chalet - the bed was huge, we had 2 big flat screen TVs (with limited English TV channels) a lovely big bathroom with his and her sinks, our own sitting room and lovely big balcony to sit on and overlook the sea. If you are offered the upgrade it is definitely worth paying for!
The food here is lovely, there is always plenty of fresh food and freshly cooked food for breakfast, lunch, dinner and the staff are so friendly and are very attentive for drinks and any requests you have. I am quite particular about certain foods and I felt the quality was really high. Not once did we feel like we had to tip or that it was expected either.
The only complaint about the holiday that I have is that all the a la carte restaurants were not included in the All Inclusive package - this I did not know. We were told that everyday we would have a 70dhs (per person) discount in the restaurant (and all drinks were included) but that if the food went over this limit we would need to pay - and not only this but they would add on service charge too! This is not all inclusive in my eyes. Although we were warned by our rep in advance of this I was really disappointed that all inclusive didn't mean all inclusive here - we'd paid over £1200 each to stay here for a week!! I think this is something that needs to be reviewed as it is the one thing that is off-putting to many, to believe you've gotten there and you don't have to pay a thing/worry about money when in fact you do. The food and service was lovely in these restaurants but we had to watch the cash a bit which was annoying. We then had to wait for the bill and it sort of ruined that 'all inclusive feel' a bit. Another thing is that not all drinks were included! For instance I could order a pina colada but not a mojito. When my boyfriend asked for G&T he couldn't have Gordon's gin unless he paid for it. I feel strongly about this - hence my waffle!
A warning for ladies: Dubai has a policy of covering up your arms and shoulders (especially in public) I have quite a few dresses just above the knee and it was a little frustrating to be told this upon arrival when I'd already packed my clothes for the week! The hotel isn't massively strict on this though (from what I noticed) but if going out in public then I would strongly advise you adhere to the dress code.
This hotel has a fantastic selection of water sports on offer (you have to pay) and aside from a few niggles mentioned; we had a wonderful week here.
We did 2 excursions:
Atlantis the Palm's Aqua adventure and Lost Chambers Aquarium (all in one) it was costly for the day (esp. as we ended up having to pay for private transfers on top - but very worth it as it turned out) this isn't just a water park for kids - we had such a fantastic day out that I recommend to all.
We also did the Dubai City Sight-seeing tour (we paid extra to have our own private driver - again very worth it!) and we told our driver what we wanted to see and at what times and he told us what was the best way of doing it. We booked up to go to Burj Khalifia (tallest building in the world) but I recommend you do this later as at 7pm it was crowded! We also had a 3 course dinner at Burj al Arab (hotel shaped like a ship) and had the most amazing meal. Dubai Mall is also amazing! A really lovely way to spend the afternoon as it has an aquarium, ice rink, rollercoaster, over 1500 shops - I could go on!
Massive praise to our rep Jimmy who was great in helping us book all of our excursions without complaint!
Overall this is a wonderful hotel, and we had an amazing week here - but I won't be coming back until it is 100% all inclusive!!

Room Tip: Become a Hilton honours member in advance (you can do this for free online) it allows you to get a later check out - and other perks; such a daily delivered newspaper. We also upgraded our room to a beach chalet (which came with your own private patch of beach) which made our holiday all the more special!
1  Thank Vicki52

Dear Vicki52,

Thank you for sharing this very kind and thorough review about your recent experience at Hilton Ras al Khaimah Resort & Spa with the TripAdvisor community.

We are delighted to read the positive comments pertaining to the flawless check-in process, your room features, the quality of food, the friendliness and efficiency of our team and our water sport centre.

Our sole focus is to provide a flawless and excellent service to our valued guests, and to contribute towards a memorable stay at the Hilton RAK Resort & Spa. Therefore we are thrilled to learn that you have enjoyed every minute with us.

I have reviewed your comments about the all inclusive package and benefits. I would recommend you as well as our future guests to go through all benefits when they book their holidays with their travel agency as our Resort offers different packages such as All Inclusive or Premium All Inclusive. Our All Inclusive Guests can enjoy our speciality restaurants where a special food discount is applied per person while our 4 a la carte restaurants are included in our Premium Package.

Your kind review has been shared with everyone here at the Resort and we are all looking forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to U.A.E.

Warmest Regards.

Reviewed 23 November 2012

I stayed for 2 days in Nov 2012 and enjoyed every moment of my business trip recently. All the staff at this resort are very very helpful, and they are all extremely pleasant. I wanna come back to this hotel for all my future visits .Worth for Business and personal trips !!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business

Dear Trotterin,

Thank you very much for such a delightful review. In a few words you said so much. It is very kind of you to recognize our team members which will create many smiles here.

We wish all your future holidays to be as enjoyable for you.

Kind regards.

Reviewed 22 November 2012

I have spent 2 days at Hilton resort to spend my first anniversary, it was a wonderful experience, really enjoyed the beach, spa, food and overall service. The whole staff was very friendly, our anniversary dinner was at Passage To Asia, there the Restaurant manager Ashvin did things outta his way to arrange amazing candle light dinner. Also Mr. Saquib from house-keeping was very welcoming and helpful. He showed us around and made us feel really comfortable there, didnt seem like it was a new place to us. Wouldn't mind going back again next year for our next anniversary.

Room Tip: Go for it, just the service charges to room are pretty high compared to other hotels in UAE, and ya its lovely to dine in the restaurants.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
RMHiltonRAKResortSpa, Manager at Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2012

Dear HumairHameed,

We are very proud that you have chosen us to celebrate your 1st Anniversary. Thanks for your kind comments about your stay with us.

As you have so well written, you express your joy of participating in many facets of what we have to offer. It is very kind of you, taking the time, in letting us know.

I have already conveyed your feedback to the team who will be glad to know that his efforts contributed to your enjoyable stay.

I am truly happy to read that you are planning your next visit to Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa. My team and myself are looking forward to welcome you back in the not so distant future.

Please do not hesitate to contact me should you require any assistance in the future.