“Can't wait to return....”

Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa
Ranked #5 of 26 Hotels in Ras Al Khaimah
“Can't wait to return....”
Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

We've just booked to return again to Hilton @ RAK.
This hotel is simply heaven on earth. We're returning for our 3rd visit in June 2014.
Highly recommend the Hilton for such high standards of customer service and very fine dining.
By day, the tranquility of the pool areas will relax you into a perfect paradise environment and by night the restaurants and bars will offer sumptuous foods within glamorous settings.

Can't wait to return ...the staff here are more like friends ...Moshey, Euzepio, Lin and Keith ...to name just a few!
A special mention also to DJ Allen who's night time music is first class!
Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to experience this very unique blend of perfection
See you in June!

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
RMHiltonRAKResortSpa, Manager at Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 24 November 2013
Dear Lozzinge,

I cannot thank you enough for your kind comments on TripAdvisor with regards to your recent stay.

As you have so well written, you express your joy of participating in many facets of what we have to offer. It is very kind of you, taking the time, in letting us know.

Team will be glad to know that his efforts contributed to your enjoyable stay and that you already booked for next year in June.

We look forward to seeing you again, please do not hesitate to contact me should you require any assistance.

Kindest regards.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,036)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 23 November 2013

amazing hotel i like the rooms it was too big and wonderful in addition the view of the room was really nice and so romantic . I was imperred by the Reception staff because they were halpful,cheerful and respectable

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Dear Muna A,

thanks for telling us how amazing was your stay with us!

I have already conveyed your feedback to the team who will be glad to know that his efforts contributed to your enjoyable stay. Your very positive feedback means a lot to us.

Please let us know when you decide to return for more continued enjoyment.

Karlovy Vary, Czech Republic
Reviewed 23 November 2013

The friendly staff and the hotel service was beyond my expectations outstanding, peace and privacy on the beach was the best part of the stay relaxation and great for our family. The cook knows how perfectly flavor the food and cuisine is diverse. Transportation is cool and pleasant, the staff is very observant and multilingual. The Golf Club next door. There is nothing that you was missing to the perfect summer holidays!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Dear SylviaB_GM ,

Thank you for sharing this very kind review about your recent experience at Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa with the TripAdvisor community.

We understand the significance of family holiday and are delighted that we were able to fulfill all your needs travel during your stay and contribute to your family holiday memories.

Your kind words have been shared with the team here and we all look forward to welcoming you back to our resort in the future.

Kind regards.
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Having read the other reviews, obviously we chose the right time to go in November. There was no rush for sun beds, and plenty of them and a great choice of swimming pools. Our room on the 4th floor was first class with beautiful views. We could not fault the staff. They were well trained, smartly dressed, very courteous, attentive, friendly and really aimed to please everyone. Staff in the restaurant were very efficient and we didn't have to wait around for a table. Good choice of food to suit every taste. The Hotel is perfect for a chill out holiday. Only drawback is it is situated so far from Dubai, hence transfer time of over an hour. The Hotel has a shuttle bus to the shopping centre in Ras but taxis are cheap.

I would certainly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Having read the other reviews, obviously we chose the right time to go in November. There was no ru...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear witharm,

Many thanks for your comments further to your stay at Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa.

I am of course delighted to learn that you have enjoyed the hotel, your room and its view, the choice of the food as well as the various outdoor facilities.

We feel truly blessed with a team of hospitable, action-oriented team members, who are the key to the success of your stay, and your feedback pertaining to the provided service will be shared with them to motivate them to continue displaying this great service focus.

The team and I look forward to your next visit to our resort.

Kindest regards,
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 21 November 2013

The Hilton Ras Al Khaimah is a little cheaper than most of the nicer hotels/resorts in Dubai or Abu Dhabi. This is reflected by some pretty tacky clientèle. RAK is not a nice part of the UAE and when you drive on in through the grubby suburbs you start to wonder what your getting yourself into.

We had the unfortunate experience of having a purse stolen from our sun bed when we were in the pool. The staff clearly didn't appreciate the seriousness of losing driver's licenses, emirates i.d cards, credit cards and $400 worth of cash. Their investigation was feeble and their attitude was very disappointing. One of those "fill out this form and we'll get back to you" situations.

We stayed in the Royal Suite where the television didn't work, and in order to use the en suite spa, someone would inconveniently have to bring hot water rather than simply running a tap. This is one example of several inconveniences we experienced. They clearly have a lot of work to do in terms of making things easy for the customer.

If you want to truly enjoy a truly luxurious beach resort in the UAE, this isn't the place to do it.

Room Tip: The view across the resort out to sea is best.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Dear TheHonestExperience,

Thank you very much for taking the time and effort to post a personal review here at TripAdvisor following your stay in May in our resort.

We truly appreciate any feedback as it is comments from our valued guests that enable us to improve our services and facilities. We are saddened you did not enjoy your stay with us. We wish to take the opportunity to sincerely apologize for the discomfort you faced during your stay.

I can recall your experience with your purse as we were already in contact at the beginning of this month after your stay in May. As previously confirmed, I personally have reviewed our Security and Recreation Managers duty reports after their investigation about your valuable left in public areas but unfortunately, we do not have any purse in our Lost & Found Department. Again, I am sorry about this unsuccessful research.

For all valuable items, the resort offers an in-room safe deposit box without charges in each room as well as a safe deposit box room which is available 24 hours at the reception desk in the lobby.

Your comments about the Royal Suite have been shared to our housekeeping team for their review and follow up. This Royal suite offers a full spa facilities (Jacuzzi, sauna, hammam) therefore our Butler Service came to open the water for the Jacuzzi as well as to run the other equipment in order to letting you to enjoy the facilities.

Again, we are very sorry about your disappointment. As already offered, please do not hesitate to contact me for future assistance in your booking so I can ensure you will be well-looked after.

Kind regards.
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I was here on business, the hotel is a bit more mature but still endorses the hilton brand level of service. Rooms location and amenities were good. Very clean good quality bed linen and bathroom toiletries as you would expect from the Hilton Group of hotels. I ordered continental room service at breakfast which was impressive and all food tasted first class good VFM Looking forward to experiencing the Spa resort a few kms away from this hotel in the future. My wife and I have stayed in numerous Hiltons over the years and has become a firm favourite with us whilst on our travels.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Raoufbc, General Manager at Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Dear Gibsonia ,

Thank you so much for your time writing your feedback which is helping us a lot to achieve the highest standard of service. We are happy to know that staying with us was enjoyable.

We feel proud to read about your positive experience, rest assured that will be shared with all team members. We are looking forward welcoming you back, till then wish you our best

regards.
Raouf Benchedli
Cluster Hotel Manager Hilton & Double Tree Ras Al Khaimah
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Two and a half years on this was my second visit to this resort. I took my Mum, who was visiting us from the UK, for a long weekend. Two days before I had a phone call to tell me the resort was full and I was moving to the Waldorf Astoria which recently opened as the Hilton was full. Whilst the Waldorf sounded lovely, I had dining vouchers for the Hilton that they said they couldn't honour at the Waldorf. On this basis I said I wanted to remain at the Hilton and after lots of phone calls they said they would honour it.

On checking in we were upgraded to a Presidential Suite which was a nice surprise and not expected. The room was great, two bedroom, a lounge with two big balconies - one off the main bedroom and another off the lounge. Bit of a wind trap out there and whilst the room was huge it was a little on the tired side. Terrible to sound slightly negative about such an amazing upgrade but I would have been a bit disappointed to have paid for it.

Resort didn't seem that busy considering they wanted us to move. Around the pool areas it is great you can escape from the kids as they have a separate pool area and there is one just for adults (although almost impossible to get a bed there you must have to be up at 6am to stick your towels down).

We ate in the Italian restaurant on the first night. They couldn't do enough for us - great table and service. Then cocktails in the bar with the (interesting) singing choices of their resident crooner. Bit odd but we stuck around for a few buy one get one free mojitos. Everyone else in the hotel seemed to be all inclusive so felt a bit envious of the wrist bands.

Next day down by the pool it was easy to get beds in a nice spot. Breakfast can only described as mayhem. Lots of hanging around trying to get seated but once you do there is an amazing selection to choose from. Probably one of the best buffet breakfasts I have had in a hotel in the Middle East.

Lunch we headed down to the villa end to the beach bar which was quiet than the rammed restaurants in the main resort. Friendly staff, great service and a mountain of food. I think they were offended I didn't eat it all!!

That night we ate in the seafood restaurant and picked the set menu of Arabic mezze followed by BBQ seafood. Fantastic food again, great setting and the staff were so attentive.

They happily gave us a late check out of 1pm without any trouble and when we went to leave the concierge insisted on walking to the car park and picking up my car. Five minutes later he came back to tell me I had a flat battery! As it was a Friday everything was closed but they absolutely bent over backwards to help us and within 45 minutes my car was up and running again.

This is the best hotel in Ras Al Khaimah in my opinion, even having stayed at The Banyan tree which is couple luxury with amazing accommodation. What they have right here is the service, friendliness and quality of food that I haven't experienced at other resorts. It isn't exclusive and you will lots of people staying here of all different nationalities, but that is probably half the fun.
The standout for me was the concierge service, genuinely helpful and lovely guys.

Room Tip: Stay in the main hotel area rather than the villas.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Dear VickiHaverson,

after reading your first review wrote in May 2011, I cannot thank you enough for your second review after your stay with us this month. I therefore glad to learn that you finally did prefer to stay with us instead of going to our new sister hotel, the Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah (but please, next time you need to try as well this amazing resort property).

As we read, you virtually enjoyed each and every amenity we offer. In order to provide this atmosphere it is most important to have your constructive feedback which is very valuable for us to know. As we strive to exceed the expectations of our guests our respective departments will review your suggestions so we can assess these potential improvements.

We are committed to providing exceptional facilities as well as to delivering warm and friendly service to our guests, and your feedback has been shared and very much appreciated by the team.

Many thanks again for your review – the team of the resort and I look forward to welcoming you back for another relaxing break.