1.5 hour drive from Dubai. In a very basic town with no charm/character. Set in a basic bay with nothing else around it.
One side of the curve is the hotel, the other side- a set of villas belonging to the hotel with villa guests only having access to that part of the beach. Restaurants are located in both areas.
This hotel seems to suit those who like all inclusive hotels and is pitched at a 4* British/Russian/German target market who do not want to leave their hotel and are not interested in local culture. Virgin Hols has its own office space in the reception which kind of says it all. It is large, with a wide selection of restaurants which are good and varied, a couple of beach bars- which ironically close early evening so not much use during the evenings.
Rooms are reasonable but a little tired.
There are activities and a kids' club on-site- needed as there is nothing to do or see anywhere around. The spa is totally uninspiring and over-priced for what it is. No atmosphere and poor c/s.
The beach is not wildly inspiring and has no nice views and is made up of the typical row after row of sunbeds. There is an amusing if not tacky system whereby you can pay more to have a premium service and hotel staff reserve a sunbed for you in a prime position. 2 elderly savvy German couples meanwhile had worked out how to bribe beach staff to get the locations reserved they wanted...
If you just want an all-inclusive hotel with guaranteed sun at a reasonable price, no culture and no real character- this may suit you. Anyone looking for a real 5* hotel, not wanting to be lined up on sun-beds en masse- and wanting culture- avoid this place like a barge pole. And if I were the Hilton Group- I would not use the same name for this type of resort hotel- as it does brand damage to the much better (usually) city based 5* Hiltons.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa is nestled in a spectacular private bay at the northern tip of the Arabian Peninsula, overlooking the shimmering waters of the Arabian Gulf. Only a 70-minute drive to Dubai International Airport and two hours from Abu Dhabi International Airport. Guestrooms: The Resort consists of 151 guestrooms in villas and 324 guestrooms in the hotel, each with a private balcony and exclusive access to the beautiful 1.5 km sandy beach. All guestrooms are fully equipped with a Plasma TV, minibar, alarm clock, coffee facilities, safe box, iron with board, hair dryer and wired internet (fee). Dining: With 11 restaurants and bars to choose from, guests will be spoilt for choice. Start the day with Hilton Breakfast in the bright and spacious Maarid, then stop by BN Cafe for your favourite coffee, or swim up to Sunset Bar to grab your favourite cocktail. Begin your evening with a traditional Middle Eastern shisha in Al Bahar Rooftop, before contemplating whether to try South American cuisine in Pura Vida or classic Italian fine dining at Piaceri da Gustare. At night, spend great times at the classic X.O. bar serving cognac and vintage ports. Leisure: The Spa features 9 treatment rooms, hamams, Jacuzzis, saunas and steam rooms. For the gym enthusiasts, there is a Hilton fitness by Precor center with aerobics rooms. Or take part in water sports with our on-site diving center offering snorkeling, water skiing, sailing and jet skiing. The perfect end to a day is a swim in one of our six swimming pools; including a salt water pool and a shaded pool for children. An onsite Kid's Club with indoor and outdoor playrooms and a Teens Club will keep the children and teens busy whilst you relax in the best resort in Ras Al Khaimah. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TravelUp, Holiday Gems, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort And Spa
- Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Hotel Ras Al Khaimah
- Ras Al Khaimah Hilton
- Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa