We stayed at this resort hotel over the Christmas period 2013 and I have to say it is magnificent. We went all inclusive and, it turns out, that was the right thing to do as the price of drinks can get expensive in the hotel. However, what we were not told when we decided to go all inclusive (with Virgin Holidays) is that there is a reduced drinks menu and meal options. It was not clear to us what our dining options were (apart from the buffet). Turns out we were allowed to have a meal in the Italian restuarant and a meal in the Asian restaurant - other restaurant choices we could go to but would only receive a 70 AED discount (each) on the price of the meal. Mojitos, Singapore Sling and other rather nice cocktails were not available as part of the all-inclusive package but having said that, there were other options - Cuba Libre for example. My one gripe with the A-I package was the clarity of where to go to eat and what the options were - otherwise this would be a 5 star review. The staff were excellent, the hotel rooms large and spacious with great views and the place was spotless. Weather wise, this was UAE in winter and it barely got above 23 - 24 degrees. Not enough to tempt me into the pool or the sea although this didn't stop others from indulging. The hotel is large and I think we got the best deal as there are quite a large number of chalets along the (private) beach. The food - oh yes, the food in the buffet really was 5 star. There was everything you could ask for - from beef stews to roast turkey (for Christmas), and even bacon and pork sausages for breakfast. It's easily the best buffet experience I've ever had. Fruit, cakes, you name it, the hotel had it! We stayed 7 nights and didn't venture too far from the hotel - we did however, spend a day with a dedicated driver going round the sights of Dubai - from the Burj al Arab (no, we didn't go in!), to the Burj Khalifa, to the immense Dubai Mall, souks and lots more. The driver cost us about 700 AED (about 200 US dollars) for a 10 hour experience. Our driver was very knowledgeable about the city and I would recommend this type of experience to all. It has to be noted that this hotel is not in Dubai itself but is a 100 kilometre drive into Dubai. We had a wonderful time here and plan to come back again - when it's a little warmer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa is nestled in a spectacular private bay at the northern tip of the Arabian Peninsula, overlooking the shimmering waters of the Arabian Gulf. Only a 70-minute drive to Dubai International Airport and two hours from Abu Dhabi International Airport. Guestrooms: The Resort consists of 151 guestrooms in villas and 324 guestrooms in the hotel, each with a private balcony and exclusive access to the beautiful 1.5 km sandy beach. All guestrooms are fully equipped with a Plasma TV, minibar, alarm clock, coffee facilities, safe box, iron with board, hair dryer and wired internet (fee). Dining: With 11 restaurants and bars to choose from, guests will be spoilt for choice. Start the day with Hilton Breakfast in the bright and spacious Maarid, then stop by BN Cafe for your favourite coffee, or swim up to Sunset Bar to grab your favourite cocktail. Begin your evening with a traditional Middle Eastern shisha in Al Bahar Rooftop, before contemplating whether to try South American cuisine in Pura Vida or classic Italian fine dining at Piaceri da Gustare. At night, spend great times at the classic X.O. bar serving cognac and vintage ports. Leisure: The Spa features 9 treatment rooms, hamams, Jacuzzis, saunas and steam rooms. For the gym enthusiasts, there is a Hilton fitness by Precor center with aerobics rooms. Or take part in water sports with our on-site diving center offering snorkeling, water skiing, sailing and jet skiing. The perfect end to a day is a swim in one of our six swimming pools; including a salt water pool and a shaded pool for children. An onsite Kid's Club with indoor and outdoor playrooms and a Teens Club will keep the children and teens busy whilst you relax in the best resort in Ras Al Khaimah. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TravelUp, Holiday Gems, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort And Spa
- Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Hotel Ras Al Khaimah
- Ras Al Khaimah Hilton
- Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa