“Very good resort!”

Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa
Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Ras Al Khaimah
Reviewed 16 January 2014

The hotel was really good and nice and the staff was really friendly. Breakfast, pools and the beach was excellent! The service in the restaurants was pretty slow, you had to wait every time approximately an hour to get lunch and that is not good when you travel with kids.

1  Thank Kaisa S
Raoufbc, Resort Manager at Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2014

Dear Kaisa S,

Thank you very much for taking the time in sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor.

While I am delighted to note that you found our overall service and facilities to your satisfaction, I regret to read of your disappointment in the restaurants and I sincerely apologise for that. I appreciate your comments, as it will definitely help us in improving our services.

I truly hope the experience will not hinder you from a repeat stay at Hilton Ras al Khaimah Resort & Spa, in the not so distant future.

Best regards

Write a ReviewReviews (5,701)

Reviewed 16 January 2014

The hotel is good itself. Wouldnt call it a 5* because of the cleanlines and the age of some of the furniture. The room was extremely good. Restaurants are amazing! Even if u find it too pricy, u should still try the food there! (especially in the Italian on the first floor). The disadvantages are: internet access (too expencive in the room, free only in the lobby) and the city itself. There is Absolutely nothing to do! If u like to be on the beach the whole day and night, then its good, but if u wanna go out at least for dinner, u should seriously consider Dubai (which is awesome and 1,5 hours away)

Dear SvetaKosmach,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor as this type of feedback will definitely help us in improving our services and facilities. I am delighted to note that we could meet your expectation overall and I do apologise of your dissatisfaction on the condition of the furniture and cleanliness.

I truly hope the location will not hinder you from returning back for your next vacation and my team and myself are looking forward welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 15 January 2014

A very good hotel for a weekend break. Lot of activities for the kids and an amazingly managed kids club. The SPA bldg (beingnext to the kids club) makes it convienect for mothers to go and relax while kids are playing. Overall good quality of food and buffet service. A must visit

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Raoufbc, Resort Manager at Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Dear Vikram M,

I am happy that our facilities and services fully met your expectations that you had awesome experiences during your stay in particular you were impressed with our Kids Club and Spa concepts. Thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us.

We are looking forward to welcome you back hopefully in the not too distant future.

Kind Regards,
Raouf Benchedli

Reviewed 15 January 2014

I received an extremely good price for a single room through booking.com. The hotel is an older one, but in excellent repair and the staff were very friendly and helpful. When I arrived in my room, there was a very heavy odor of air freshener. I opened my window and after some time it dissipated. At breakfast, there was a wide variety of selections but the hot food in the buffet was actually barely warm (disappointing).

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Ramy L, Manager at Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Dear Peter H,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Hilton Ras Al Khaimah hotel on TripAdvisor.
We are happy to have "filled your expectations" and assisted you to have an enjoyable stay during your last business trip.

I will share your feedback with the hotel team, who hopefully will feel proud of having been a positive part of your stay experience.
Your comment regarding the air freshener odour has been communicated to the Executive Housekeeper for an alternative.
We look forward to welcoming you again, for another relaxing stay!

Kind regards.

Director Of Operation

Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

This hotel needs a big shake up.
It doesnt live up to expectations of the hilton name, we were disapointed.
Its positioned in front of a mall thats opening soon, a small mall nothing like the city, but the supermarket spinneys has already opened. This is a 'waitrose' styled shop with some waitrose products. More expensive then the carefour supermarket. Due to be in the mall, is espirit and guess, that kind of thing.
But no more them a ten minute walk is a mall already open, which has a foodcourt with your usual kfc subway etc. A cinema. An arcades. Little kids outdoor games like bumper cars. Here is the carefour.
There is a diner called chilis- this was great, steak/ribs/chicken/salad/cheese fries with great service and good prices.
We were unlucky with the weather so walked it each day, but they have a free shuttle 6.30pm each day to this mall. Otherwise a taxi about £2.50.
We didnt use the free shuttle to the sister beach hotel, but it runs each hour until 6pm.
The free shuttle to dubai leaves the hotel at 10am picks you back up at 7pm, get back to hotel around 9pm. It drops you off at the dubai mall- just great for shopping!
The room itself was clean, top marks for housekeeping staff, they have a tough job. A kettle with tea coffee sugar in room. 2 bottles water each day too. The toiletries are of a good standard and topped up each day with fresh towels. 3 pin plugs in room, no need for adaptor.
We tried the hoof and fin restaurant in hotel, what a let down. Other half had steak which he said was good but i had a tough pork loin and was fobbed off with french fries instead of the gratin. The chef apologised i think , through the waiter but i never did get the gratin despite being told it was being prepared.
No mustard sauce for the steak?! It must be a packet sauce then. We waited 5 mins at door waiting for someone, just anyone to come and seat us, when they did we were waved in told to sit anywhere.
Butter served in the packets they put out for breakfast. No atmosphere, no music, only one other diner in there. Our waiter did give us our drinks because of the mix up, but damage already done, we ate out each night.

Breakfast wasnt bad, although i ordered an omlette and got a fat dripping fried egg?

Would i visit again or recommend- no, im afraid. It would too make me think about spending money on another hilton booking.

Most of the staff were friendly, reception slow on check out. I couldnt pay in gbp, only aed ? I bought items at the mall for less then our hotel bill and was offered to pay in gbp. If small shops can do this, im sure the Hilton could? Its little details like this you remember, especially when i see the fees on my bill.
As so many people have already commented - no free wifi. They do give you 15 mins free a day on their business centre. You can pay about £4 for 30 mins but the service isnt good in the rooms. We got free wifi in the mall each on our own devices for 30 mins.

The area doesnt help, apart from the beach theres not much going on here. But we did have an enjoyable break.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank chuffie_echo
Ramy L, Manager at Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Dear Chuffie_echo,

Many thanks for your comments further to your stay at the Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Hotel.

I am of course delighted to learn that you have enjoyed the room and the Housekeeping service of the hotel and teh shuttle bus service to Dubai. However, I am sorry to read your comment about the food and service in the restaurant, as this is an area where the team here traditionally stands out. Rest assured that additional training will be done in order to address this issue and to avoid any re-occurrence.

Albeit I do apologize that your stay has not been fully up to your expectations, I would welcome the opportunity to have your stay with us again in the not too-distant future. Please feel free to contact me directly if you wish to make your next reservation,so I may look after your stay personally.

Thanks and regards

Director of Operation

Reviewed 13 January 2014

We stayed at this resort hotel over the Christmas period 2013 and I have to say it is magnificent. We went all inclusive and, it turns out, that was the right thing to do as the price of drinks can get expensive in the hotel. However, what we were not told when we decided to go all inclusive (with Virgin Holidays) is that there is a reduced drinks menu and meal options. It was not clear to us what our dining options were (apart from the buffet). Turns out we were allowed to have a meal in the Italian restuarant and a meal in the Asian restaurant - other restaurant choices we could go to but would only receive a 70 AED discount (each) on the price of the meal. Mojitos, Singapore Sling and other rather nice cocktails were not available as part of the all-inclusive package but having said that, there were other options - Cuba Libre for example. My one gripe with the A-I package was the clarity of where to go to eat and what the options were - otherwise this would be a 5 star review. The staff were excellent, the hotel rooms large and spacious with great views and the place was spotless. Weather wise, this was UAE in winter and it barely got above 23 - 24 degrees. Not enough to tempt me into the pool or the sea although this didn't stop others from indulging. The hotel is large and I think we got the best deal as there are quite a large number of chalets along the (private) beach. The food - oh yes, the food in the buffet really was 5 star. There was everything you could ask for - from beef stews to roast turkey (for Christmas), and even bacon and pork sausages for breakfast. It's easily the best buffet experience I've ever had. Fruit, cakes, you name it, the hotel had it! We stayed 7 nights and didn't venture too far from the hotel - we did however, spend a day with a dedicated driver going round the sights of Dubai - from the Burj al Arab (no, we didn't go in!), to the Burj Khalifa, to the immense Dubai Mall, souks and lots more. The driver cost us about 700 AED (about 200 US dollars) for a 10 hour experience. Our driver was very knowledgeable about the city and I would recommend this type of experience to all. It has to be noted that this hotel is not in Dubai itself but is a 100 kilometre drive into Dubai. We had a wonderful time here and plan to come back again - when it's a little warmer.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Man_From_Geneva

Dear Man_From_Geneva,

I am happy that we fully met your expectations and thanking you for sharing your comments with us. Rest assured, your comments regarding the AI package and the less information from our side have been taken seriously for our further improvements and retraining.

We are looking forward to welcome you back in our Resort hopefully in the not too distant future.

Kind Regards,
Raouf Benchedli

Reviewed 13 January 2014

This was our third stay here but we didn't like it so much. It is becoming worn and the drinks package offered with the AI was very poor. If we'd known it had changed we wouldn't have bothered. Depending on where your room is you can here the outside bars very loudly.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Ramy L, Manager at Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Dear Littlereddevilag,

I am sorry to read your comment about the AI package , I have conveyed your feedback to the Food & Beverage Manager to further investigate your comment and to take the necessary action.
Please feel free to contact me directly if you wish to make your next reservation and I will make sure to assign your preferred room location and personally looking after your stay.

Best regards