Caveat - they were busy. It might have been their busiest day of the year.
I checked in ok and was given a key to my room. i took the lift to the sixth floor and on exiting the lift, all i could smell was musty old cigarette smoke. i wanted a non smoking room but they said they didnt have any. the room looked ok, but the smell was not good. i then tried to run a bath in the dingy dated bathroom and yellow / brown water came out. the bath plug didnt work...thankfully i guess
i was then given another room - not the grade i booked but less - and non smoking. i said that as long as i could take a bath and that it didnt smell, i would be content. the bath was filthy when i walked into the room. i was told that this was dried paint and not dirt - but in any event it was unpleasant and had blue mould on the walls.
finally i was another given a non smoking room - a suite - i didnt see the value in the suite as i wasnt going to use it - i just wanted a bath and sleep. when i ran the bath, there was no hot water. The alarm clock was broken and showing the wrong time, the furniture in the room was broken and torn and didnt match.
on the plus side, they did give me my wake up call - which was a relief as the phone wasnt working properly so i was relying on someone at the end to make a note.
breakfast was very poor quality. but worse was the fact that the cooking station was disgustingly dirty. i was hungry and had an omelette but had there been any option elsewhere i wouldnt have eaten there.
Hilton should not be managing this hotel under this brand. you expect certain brand standards and they are absent in all respects. The hotel needs complete refurbishment - but even more than this it needs a proper clean. Hilton - I like some of your hotels - this is not on the same planet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa is nestled in a spectacular private bay at the northern tip of the Arabian Peninsula, overlooking the shimmering waters of the Arabian Gulf. Only a 70-minute drive to Dubai International Airport and two hours from Abu Dhabi International Airport. Guestrooms: The Resort consists of 151 guestrooms in villas and 324 guestrooms in the hotel, each with a private balcony and exclusive access to the beautiful 1.5 km sandy beach. All guestrooms are fully equipped with a Plasma TV, minibar, alarm clock, coffee facilities, safe box, iron with board, hair dryer and wired internet (fee). Dining: With 11 restaurants and bars to choose from, guests will be spoilt for choice. Start the day with Hilton Breakfast in the bright and spacious Maarid, then stop by BN Cafe for your favourite coffee, or swim up to Sunset Bar to grab your favourite cocktail. Begin your evening with a traditional Middle Eastern shisha in Al Bahar Rooftop, before contemplating whether to try South American cuisine in Pura Vida or classic Italian fine dining at Piaceri da Gustare. At night, spend great times at the classic X.O. bar serving cognac and vintage ports. Leisure: The Spa features 9 treatment rooms, hamams, Jacuzzis, saunas and steam rooms. For the gym enthusiasts, there is a Hilton fitness by Precor center with aerobics rooms. Or take part in water sports with our on-site diving center offering snorkeling, water skiing, sailing and jet skiing. The perfect end to a day is a swim in one of our six swimming pools; including a salt water pool and a shaded pool for children. An onsite Kid's Club with indoor and outdoor playrooms and a Teens Club will keep the children and teens busy whilst you relax in the best resort in Ras Al Khaimah. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Agoda, Travelbag, LoveHolidays, Expedia, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Hotel Ras Al Khaimah
- Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort And Spa
- Ras Al Khaimah Hilton
- Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa