“Back for the 6th time”

Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in Ras Al Khaimah
Somerset
“Back for the 6th time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

This is now our 6th holiday to this gorgeous hotel. What makes this so special, is the quality of the staff. They can never do enough for you and nothing is ever too much trouble.
We received outstanding service and genuine care from Martin, the Guest Relation Manager. Jovi in the Dome Bar was as outstanding as always. Keith in the Restaurant was great fun and always friendly and chatty. Tarikhu at the Beach Bar was a genuinely friendly guy. Wahab, our Towel Man was always smiling and great fun. And finally there was Jelli Ann in the Passage to Asia Restaurant, she was incredibly friendly, very chatty and a great asset to your brand.
The only negative was the fact that it was Ramadan and we couldn't get an alcoholic drink until after 7.30pm and we weren't told about this when we booked our holiday. This was only a minor inconvenience.
We will definitely be returning. Mr and Mrs Squibbs.

Room Tip: Try and get a room on the higher floors
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Allblack66
Raoufbc, Manager at Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear Allblack66,

It is always good to receive positive feedback. Many thanks for taking the time to advise us. I will share your compliments with our team members.

We place great value on your custom, and your continued relationship with Hilton. I look forward to welcoming you once more to the Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort and Spa and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future. Please contact me directly when planning your next visit, and I would be delighted to handle your reservation.

Raouf Benchedli

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,027)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

Since we enter in the hotel, the staff whose amazing , very professional special bellboy he escort us in the room and explain all in deatails. we were very impressed with the efficiency of the Front desk staff they were very quickly and friendly The room whose perfect , very clean , big balcon and superb view.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank 966radus
Dear 966radus,

New York City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

We stayed here as a family of four in late January 2014. Perfect time of year to travel - the resort was quiet and the temperatures sunny and warm but not too hot for the children (actually started to get chilly if the sun wasn't out - which was rare). Things we loved:
*the pools - so much space, lots of places to sit, so easy to come off and on the beach whenever you wanted, great selection of pools - kid friendly vs adult friendly. Very nice pool-side food as well!
* general surroundings - everything was very well maintained and the areas particularly around the villas area were very pretty.
*staff were courteous and friendly -especially some of the pool-side staff and servers in the restaurants outside of the buffet area.
* our room - we had a DOUBLE KING DELUXE PLUS SUITE on the top floor in the main hotel building. We had specifically asked for a quiet floor/area of the hotel because of travelling with our young children and we really felt that this was an excellent room and location. Unlike other luxury resorts where you are mostly paying for the surroundings and amenities but the rooms can still be cramped - this felt very luxurious in terms of the space - huge living area, bathroom and bedroom with two king sized beds with still lots of room for desk, television and for a crib to be set up (with masses of space around it).
*Ras al Khaimah itself, while not in anyway as large or glamourous as Dubai, was friendly and had conveniences outside of the resort like a mall with lots of international stores and big supermarket - would highly recommend a trip in a taxi to get some snacks and other supplies if you have kids!

Things we liked less:
* if you are travelling outside of a Virgin Holidays booking - then you will most likely have to get there from Dubai airport. While we had no trouble getting a taxi (as a family we were directed to one of the pink ladies/family cabs at the airport and had a very nice woman driving us!) - the journey was very long and it is not guaranteed that the driver will know the way - we found the other Ras Al Khaimah HIlton and they directed us there.
* Again - if you are outside Virgin Holidays - things are not necessarily explained to you that well, especially with regards to food and beverage arrangements. The two concierge workers we spoke to did not seem to speak good enough English to understand what we were trying to find out re food service times and the best options for people who weren't all inclusive. and we didn't find out about the food service at lunchtime near the family pool until the 3rd day!
* The only breakfast option is the buffet so I'd definitely definitely go for a bed and breakfast inclusive price on booking. The breakfast was very good and the buffet dining area is very pleasant.
*However, we upgrade to half board after feeling the family dining options were limited outside of the buffet restaurant, and based on how good the breakfast was and we were very disappointed by the food and atmosphere and price! Would not recommend. Go all inclusive and spend extra to go to the other hotel restaurants for dinner, or go B&B only and just budget to spend quite a bit extra on dinner in one of the other hotel restaurants where the food and drinks were very good. Alcohol is also extortionately priced. We aren't big drinkers, but nice to have a glass of wine at dinner.

I did complain after our trip about the upgrade to half board that we made due to what I felt was misleading information given to us about the eating options at the concierge desk. The hotel did write me a personal response which I appreciated but I just think that things need to be clearer and less expensive for people choosing this hotel outside of a virgin holidays package.

However, overall we really loved the hotel, thought the surroundings, pool, beach and room were of a very high standard and our trip felt like a very luxurious treat.

Room Tip: We loved our spacious, high floor DOUBLE KING DELUXE PLUS SUITE for travelling as a family of four w...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank NYCFrequent_traveler
Raoufbc, Resort Manager at Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 15 September 2014
Dear NYCFrequent_traveler,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort and Spa for your holiday and for sharing your comments with us.

I am delighted that you liked our facilities, the surroundings and our team members’ hospitality. However, on the other note we apologies for the inconveniences sourced from the lacking of information on our All Inclusive package which should be briefed to you prior check in.

We have shared your comments to our travel agent representative and trained our front office staff to avoid recurrences in the future.

I wish to welcome you back to our Resort for an even better holiday hopefully in the not too distant future.

Leeds
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Anyone who is considering this property should stop....JUST BOOK IT!

Me, my Fiance and our 10 year old stayed here 22nd August for 1 week in a Deluxe Sea View Room on the All Inclusive with Club Room Benefits.

The hotel itself, the grounds, the beach, pools, dining and staff are all fantastic.

The staff can't do enough for you and really take their time to involve every member of the family in an unforgetable experience. I would like to mention some of the staff by name because they deserve some special Praise. Blessing, Tariku, Rony, Michelle, Allen, Daryl, Saqib and everyone in the Al Bahar if i've forgot your names you really helped make our family holiday 1 we will always remember! The itallian restaurant is beautiful and the staff wonderful and attentive. The buffet is fantastic with so much variety to choose from.

My only way i think you could improve the resort would be somewhere on a night that has entertainment that is suitable for children as this seemed lacking on an evening with us often returning to our room and sitting on the balcony.

If you don't like it hot and in the 40's avoid June July and August!

Thanks again guy's and hope to be back again.

Nick & Family room 2306

Room Tip: Sea Views are beautiful and worth the upgrade from a garden view. Club Room Benefits make you feel t...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Nick G
Dear Nick G,

dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

it is very relaxing place and fantastic service! i would love to visit again and let my family enjoy the beauty and cleanliness of the resort! the staff are very helpful and friendly specially those Filipino staff who serve us.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Raquel B,

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Travelled with Virgin holidays here for 13 nights in June paid extra for a pool room villa but on arrival we were upgraded to beach villa we stayed near the Dhow beach bar which we spent all out time there as it was the only cool pool on the complex we also ate there every day and drank until late the young men who ran the bar, Rohan, Edward, Akhleish, and Munib 10 out 10 for the service and food big shout also to Hur-Salo for making sure every day that our holiday was perfect he was easy to approach for information we required. Had breakfast at the Maarid restaurant where were warmly greeting everyday by vanessa coffee's at the go by Laarni also greeted with smiles and Keith a pleasure to see in the mornng making sure all is well thank you.
Room service swift and to cleaner who didnt do a bad job well done and to the buggy men who picked me up and droppped me of all the time because i was too lazy to walk a pleasurable stay.

Room Tip: A must the beach villas if you want to be by the cool pool very very spacious nice at the end of the...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank staticno1
Dear Staticno 1,

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

Beautiful place, helpful staff, amazing experience over-all. The experience we had with kids was worth-while. Great food and breakfast. Good room and help-full staff. The pool facility to the bar and dine-in was fab! my kids loved each bit..we had a great room with our balcony overlooking the pool and the beach. A must go!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family