“5 Day mini break to celebrate my 50th birthday and 21st wedding anniversary” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa

and 1 more site!
Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa
Ranked #4 of 26 Hotels in Ras Al Khaimah
“5 Day mini break to celebrate my 50th birthday and 21st wedding anniversary”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

This was a short break for us to celebrate two special events, we had a garden terrace near pool perfect as expected 5 star standard with 5 star service.

The customer service from all staff on point, special thanks to our Virgin rep Rashad for his recommendations Musandam fjorde cruise this was amazing manage to see loads of Dolphins and my husband enjoyed the snorkelling ..

We booked half board and relic eve 70 per cent discount to eat a la carte.

It was during Ramadam so no eating or drinking in malls during the day. We ate and drank within the resort did a little bit of shopping.

It was truely a fantastic break should have booked a few more days.

Room Tip: We chose garden terrace near beach found it cooler sitting outside
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Raoufbc, Manager at Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear Deanne50,

It is always good to receive positive feedback. Many thanks for taking the time to advise us. I will share your compliments with our team members.

We place great value on your custom, and your continued relationship with Hilton. I look forward to welcoming you once more to the Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort and Spa and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future. Please contact me directly when planning your next visit, and I would be delighted to handle your reservation.

Raouf Benchedli

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,017)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

I visited for one night during Ramadan. You can eat/drink/smoke in the resort during Ramadan. The hotel was quiet to medium occupancy.

Overall, I had a very pleasant stay at the Hilton, after getting a little bit lost trying to find it and driving around RAK city centre aimlessly we managed to stumble across a sign for it. Upon arrival there was no valet attendant present, so we parked ourselves and had to carry our luggage in ourselves- considering it was 45 degrees outside, it would have been nice to be greeted however it wasn't far so only built up a light sweat. Check in was easy and stressfree and the staff were all very helpful and happy, our room was ready upon arrival at midday which was great. We were led to our room which was a bit of trek as it was the furthest away from check in as possible as appears to be often the way when you book through booking.com. We were on the ground floor with a pool facing room. The room was a very good size with 2 double beds. It was clean and pleasant, inoffensive decor. The beds were firm but comfortable, pillows and duvet were all very good. The bathroom is huge with a shower and big tub with a large window into the bedroom- fine for perving over your beloved in the bath or shower, personally I think the loo should be in a separate area as noone really wants to see that, but luckily there is a remote controlled blind for privacy- which was convenient as I was sharing with a friend so was left down at all times. (However, at night if you use the bathroom the light does creep through the side gaps so is slightly annoying.) The mini bar was basic- no diet drinks or spirits. There is a kettle and hot drinks but only with that horrible coffee mate magic powder that turns your coffee white but tastes vile. There is no wifi in the rooms which is surprising in this day and age and the number of english TV channels is limited.

We headed straight to the pool to meet friends, where we picked up our slightly shabby towels and went to the sunset bar which is a pool bar. As it was so hot outside we thought it would be lovely to cool off in the pool, however the saltwater pool is not temperature controlled so we did feel somewhat like sitting in lukewarm bath water. The pool is a great size and there are several other separate kids pools so not too many children splashing around by the bar. The bar staff were great and really friendly and their drinks are VERY strong with free pouring of spirits! The seats could be a bit lower into the water and at peak time (til about 3 in the afternoon)there were no seats and limited shade available, but it was still a fun afternoon. The tiles around the pool are slippery so be warned no running! There was also a dry bloody area on the tiles on way to the toilets which was pretty grim however I would put it down someone cutting their foot in the sea or something, however it didn't seem to get cleaned, perhaps being left as a reminder that accidents can happen.

In the evening we went to the italian restaurant which is just off the main lobby area. The ambience of the restaurant is spoilt by the noise from the lobby, however once you block the noise out the restaurant is very nice, again the staff were fantastic. The food was fabulous, they aren't turning tables so we weren't rushed and were able to enjoy a very enjoyable evening, we weren't hurried out either, even though we were the last guests in the restaurant and it was after midnight by the time we left.

We slept well although the AC is like a small fighter jet in the room and we were woken up about 8.30am by some hammering outside- no idea where the noise was coming from though. Breakfast is a buffet and was decidedly average and the breakfast restaurant was busy. The hotel overall seemed to be at medium/low capacity so I am not sure how breakfast would be when at full capacity. We checked out and then went back to the pool for a few hours. Many of the loungers had been reserved although they didn't seem to be occupied which is always annoying.

I'd place this as a 4 star hotel, the staff were all fantastic service wise, but I think there are some luxuries missing to make this a 5* that are expected in this day and age and within the Middle East (temp controlled pools- wifi- quiet AC etc). We did get a very good rate though so it was good value for money and I would return with a group of friends. I'm not sure this would be my destination for a romantic stay but for families and groups it is fine. The Villa area looked nice though and might be more suitable for couples.

Room Tip: The ground floor poolside rooms were good for coming and going to the pool if you are prepared to le...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Raoufbc, Resort Manager at Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear pinktreaclemeow,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort and Spa and for taking the time to write to us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

I would like to assure you that your comments about our concierge unavailability have been shared with our respective department head for further corrective action and staff re-training to avoid recurrences.

We place great value on your custom, and your continued relationship with Hilton. I look forward to welcoming you once more to the Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort and Spa and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels Worldwide in the near future. Please contact me directly when planning your next visit, and I would be delighted to handle your reservation.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

5 of us ate here and to the hotel and staff are wonderful, however the food on the night was pretty below par and unexciting, 3 of us had scallops and they were over cooked and the plate looked silly in its presentation, also the purée was cold. The fish main course was really bad and we were disappointed as it is a rare treat to get halibut in this part of the world. The manager, a German lady, was really nice and kindly gave us a nice overview of the area. It's a shame as we really liked the hotel and service but felt that the food is falling below the standard of the hotel itself.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Raoufbc, Resort Manager at Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 15 September 2014
Dear EatFood-DrinkWine,

Thank you for taking the time in sharing your comments about your stay in our Resort. I am glad that you found our team members’ responsiveness met your expectations.

On the other note, we appreciate your advising us your dissatisfaction about the food in our restaurant. Please rest assured that your comments about the food taste and the presentation have been shared with the respective chef in charge for our further improvements.

We hope this event will not hinder you to reconsider our Resort for your next holiday. We are looking forward to welcome you back in our Resort hopefully in the not too distant future.

York, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

Stayed here for two weeks in deluxe sea view room on the all inclusive package. Worth paying for the sea view. The all inclusive package includes a limited selection of alcohol, hot and soft drinks. I would recommend this option, its worth it in the heat if you are constantly needing fluids as the cost of drinks can add up. Great choice of food in the main restaurant The main pool is salt water and offers easy access with lots of steps. Great walk in the morning on the long beach of soft sand. Fantastic staff, all extremely helpful. FARUK in the main restaurant could not do enough for us. Commendation to WAHAB at the main pool area. At the end of the day I left my watch on the lounger by the pool. I did not realise what I had done until the next morning. I had given up any hope of getting it back. I went to the pool area and encountered Wahab for the first time. He told me he had found it when clearing up and it had been logged in to the hotel found property system. I collected it from the hotel main reception minutes later. Fantastic!

Room Tip: Go for a sea view rooms as the rooms at the front of the hotel over look a back drop of the car park...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
Dear Paul Andrew H,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

We have not arrived. Checking in on the last week of July. I have been in touch with Mohamed from Front Office and Abigail of Spa, both from Double Tree by Hilton RAK, and Christina Toledo of Spa and Martin from Guest Relations of Hilton RAK, all 4 have been very friendly, efficient and warm on their email correspondence. I have booked the room for special birthday and anniversary celebrations and all of them have been truly helpful. It's a shame we needed to be moved but nonetheless, it is still Hilton! Thank you guys. Looking forward to a great stay

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Don P,

Herts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

Just returned from a wonderful 10 days the staff and service at the hotel is outstanding and they make you feel so special. Thankyou for making our holiday and celebration so special . We hope to return soon best wishes anne & mark :)))

Room Tip: High floor sea views
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
Dear HertsAmb,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

Finally, the wait is over... of all the Hilton Hotels that I have spent a day or two here in UAE, this is the best one... Cool Lobby, Nice Gym, more choices of food during breakfast, and Salt Water Pool... the BEST...
From the Receptionist who attended our stay, to the Hotel staffs [Room Attendant, Pool attendant, Bar Tender] all are very accommodating... very friendly staff... I felt important during our whole stay... Tho thumbs up!!!

Room Tip: Rooms with Pool Access at the Level 1 is the best!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends