Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$467
US$183
US$160
Priceline
  • Pool
Al Hamra Residence & Village(Ras Al Khaimah)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$105
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Doubletree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah(Ras Al Khaimah)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$69
Priceline
5,952 results
All reviewsmaarid restaurantvirgin reppura vidavirgin holidaysxo barbrazilian restaurantdhow bardome barthe salt water poolpiaceri da gustarebeach villamain restauranthalf boardmanar mallresort spaall inclusive packageswim up bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Had a very nice and relaxing stay in this hotel. Service from the team is very professional from the way they react and assist you with all your needs, such an asset. I am recommending this hotel to everyone especially to travelers like me. Thank you for the great hospitality. Hope to see you soon...

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Cylle31201
Raoufbc, Resort Manager at Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Cylle31201,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort and Spa and for taking the time to write to us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

It is always good to receive positive feedback. Many thanks for taking the time to advise us. I will share your compliments with our team members.

We place great value on your custom, and your continued relationship with Hilton. I look forward to welcoming you once more to the Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort and Spa and any of our Hilton family of Hotels Worldwide in the near future. Please contact me directly when planning your next visit, and I would be delighted to handle your reservation.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Having just returned a week ago from a wonderful stay here, this is the first chance I have had to leave a review and I am sitting here wondering if I have logged on to the wrong hotel? I cannot believe some of the negative reviews I have just read! If you are happy to stay in a resort staffed by mere mortals and have a reasonable expectation of what is acceptable then you will be overjoyed and delighted with what you get here.
I will try and give an honest and brief(ish) review but that will be difficult when there was so many outstanding staff who deserve acknowledgement. Please feel free to pm me if you want to know anything specific and I will try and answer.

Based upon all inclusive through Virgin Holidays, two adults and a twelve year old.

THE ROOM
We were in room 731 beach front villa, for us it was perfect, good size room, two king size beds, flat screen tv, fridge, (stocked but not part of A/I, expensive but has space to put in your own drinks for use in your room) two large bottles water left daily, plenty of drawers and storage in main room with a separate dressing room area with fitted wardrobes and a dressing table. Idea set up as I could get ready without disturbing anyone else in the bedroom. Bathroom had separate bath, good size separate shower and twin wash basins with lots of space above for toiletries. Re stocked every day with plenty of towels, good quality toiletries shower gel, shampoo, conditioner, soap, body lotion, cotton buds, shower cap and soap, I never use the freebies and always take everything that I use myself but great if you forget something or run out as these were actually really good. Air conditioning so good I actually had to turn it down at times, but wonderful every time you walked in the room! Beach Villas have patio with wooden furniture, two sun beds in your garden area and direct access to private beach for villa use, this had sun beds and shades for each room too.

THE FOOD

Maarid main restaurant for buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner. Sorry can't fault it!
Will mention staff separately, but not sure what else you would expect from a restaurant that needs to cater for the amount of guests this hotel holds? Buffet by nature will always be something of a safe option, it is trying to cater for the masses who all have different tastes, likes and dislikes and I think Maarid did this better than most. I always get bored with the buffet on every holiday, no matter how good it can't help being repetitive, however I never felt this way here at all, I alway managed to get something different to eat that I actually enjoyed. The quality of ingredients was good, and I felt that 10 choices was more than enough to reasonably expect most folk to choose from, more often than not CHOOSING was the problem. Agree with a previous post that vegetarian could be an issue. A/I could use Al Bahar at lunch which was excellent, Passage to Asia again excellent and the Italian, can't remember the name as we never used it, all are table service which was a nice change from the buffet. There is also Pura Vida Brazilian which unfortunately we never had time to try (next time for sure it looked good) and Al Bahar sea food restaurant both offer a UAE 70 allowance from the menu. Dhow beach bar served snacks all day with again a UAE 70 allowance, burger and chips here was great but massive! If you can't get something to suit you over the resort here probably anywhere will be a struggle.

THE STAFF
Don't know where to start, there were so many lovely, friendly, happy staff I could not possibly name them all, I can't recall staying anywhere that so many staff have made such a mark on my memory. Hilton take note the staff here are a credit to you and what makes this lovely resort the success it is.
From our first meal three lovely men in Maarid made every meal a delight! Rony, Faruik and Malmum ( excuse my spelling) I cannot praise these guys highly enough. They remembered our names and room number from day one, they always took the time to chat and ask how we were, where we were going, give us tips on where to go and what to see and then ask how we had got on at the next meal. Amazing given the amount of guests they were dealing with. Personal service like that makes you feel more than just another guest! It was our wedding anniversary when we were staying and the guys made so much effort, decorating our table and even arranging an anniversary cake for us. It was refreshing to meet three guys who interacted so well with each other and the guests and genuinely seemed happy and interested in what they were doing and who they were doing it for, you are no longer served by a waiter but a friend and it makes all the difference.
The concierge and buggy drivers also deserve a big mention especially Mokthan who was delightful, all the drivers were and they deserve a medal for driving back and forward in that heat all day!
Reception staff could not have been more helpful, yes they could seem a bit reserved but they are the face of the hotel they need to more reserved and professional, but you could not fault their efficiency, no one can deal with more than one guest at a time and the queues at peak times are inevitable, sorry can't see how you could do more.

Sorry this was so long but I cannot honestly express how much extra effort the staff at this resort put in to making a good holiday here great and I am genuinely disheartened to read some of the reviews that rubbish the effort these guys make. I know everyone is entitled to their opinion and have there own expectations, you are paying for a 5star hotel here not the services of a private chef nor instant personal service, maybe if you normally reside in the 7 star Burj Al Arab and have a butler tending to your every whim them this will be a come down, if so don't go here, stay there and pay for that kind of service. But please don't decry the efforts of a team of exceptionally hard working people who bend over backwards 24 hours a day and manage to please the majority of people with reasonable expectations of what they are paying for. My advise try it for yourself and make your own mind up, I'm sure you won't be disappointed.
We will definitely be back.
Sharon, Colin and Gemma Brown

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Treeswoodhead
Raoufbc, Resort Manager at Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Treeswoodhead,

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Good for group or family stay.value for package.Hilton resort & spa we can use.good location.service is ok.pool can open little longer in the holidays. good breakfast.we are big family and got inter connection room.And for 8 people.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Cyric K
Reviewed 3 August 2014

The service at this hotel is superb, nothing is too much trouble. I have gluten free diet, Chefs could not have been more helpful or supportive.
We were able to relax and unwind. We knew this was not a hotel for wild nightlife. The attention to our needs during the day, iced towels, ice buckets changed every couple of hours. Really enjoyed our stay bad would recommend.
The comments about queuing for breakfast- we went from 9-40-10-30 never waited more than 30 seconds to be taken to a table.
We went to the restaurants in the evening the Italian being the best
Al Bahar for lunch....

Room Tip: Ask for sea view
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear V-Morris-cook,

Reviewed 3 August 2014

We booked fr the hotel to celebrate our honeymoon, we received upgrade as HHonor's Gold members. The staff were very nice, helpful and alert to any request. The resort is amazing, the food outlets are tesfull and really worth trying. the Brasilian restaurant was an awesome experience and great meat as well.

Room Tip: The villas are amazing for a family of 2 adults and 2 children. it has your own garden and your private little peace of the beach.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple