“excellent guest satisfaction”

Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa
Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in Ras Al Khaimah
“excellent guest satisfaction”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We have just returned from a wonderful weekend here.
The hotel and location are fantastic.
Nonetheless, the purpose of this review is to highlight the professional approach of the staff especially when it comes to customer satisfaction.
We had at the hotel a small issue with the kids club as they have us un accurate information on thé phone before booking our stay. At arrival we were surprise to know that the kids club does not accept children under 4 years old unless a baby sitter is booked 6 hours in advance which wasn't quite feasible for us as we were spending only the weekend. After raising this at the reception we were amazed by who the staff handled the situation. The Front office manager Mr. Sabría Chouaib, the hotel guest relation manager Mrs. Anastasia and Mrs Shirley from reception came to see us, apologize for the misunderstanding, arranged within 15 minutes for a baby sitter, upgraded our stay to a one bedroom suite with complimentary bottle of wine.
Really a conduct worthy of Hilton brand.
We would highly recommend the hotel for people who are looking to have a wonderful and pleasant stay in Ras El Khaima.

1 Thank Elie a
Schouaib, Front Office Manager at Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Dear Elie a,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort and Spa and for taking the time to write to us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

It is always good to receive positive feedback. Many thanks for taking the time to advise us. I will share your compliments with our team members.

We place great value on your custom, and your continued relationship with Hilton. I look forward to welcoming you once more to the Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort and Spa and any of our Hilton family of Hotels Worldwide in the near future. Please contact me directly when planning your next visit, and I would be delighted to handle your reservation.

Sabri Chuoaib

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,057)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Awesome place for a short break. Stayed at the resort few days ago everything was perfect special thanks to Kanan from reservations , Milagros from the front desk and dhiraj and sham I from f&b ... Thanks for everything

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Malcolm M
Dear Malcolm M,

Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

1) I booked the junior sweet sea view. The location was amazing yet i kept wondering if thats how small the junior suite is then how will the normal sized rooms be?
The room was very small for the price paid.
2) The bathroom was clean and tidy yet the toilet seats are small so dont count on having a good seat with ur mobile!
3) The location of the hotel is formidable. But there is no wow effect in the hotel itself.
4) we went to the beach so we picked up the towels, the towels didnt smell good. They smelled wet. When we reached the beach the chairs' pillows were old and felt and smelled old. So we changed our mind and headed back to the pool. The pool is incredible and honestly the people are very hospitable but again not a 5 star hotel kind of feeling.
5) fyi the pool's water is from the sea and they dont control the temperature so it is warm.
6) they knew we had an anniversary and a birthday so they brought us a cake (yaay!)
7) we had our dinner in the italian restaurant; i totally recommend if you are willing to sell a kidney and a spleen to pay for it! The food is so good that you would die for but the portions are too small that you have go have dinner before going in the restaurant. And comparing the portions to the prizes it is ridiculous. But if u r craving italian then go but order a pizza. It is the cheapest thing on the menu. The restaurant knew abt the anniversary so they had flowers on the table in the shape of a heart.
8) the tv channels are very limited only one channel with english movies again not a 5 stars kinda thing.
9) the breakfast buffet is okay, have had better in other 5 stars and 4 stars hotels.

Conclusion; it is not for a romantic getaway. It is an okay experience with no wow factor whatsoever. I had a fine time but i wouldnt go back there.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank sendrla n
Dear Joliepagille,

I completely understand your dissatisfaction with our room size, the housekeeping, the pool temperature and the TV channels. I have personally followed up to ensure that the appropriate corrective actions are immediately taken and to avoid recurrences in the future.

I am happy that you were satisfied with our anniversary arrangement. Thank you for your feedback.

St Albans, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 August 2014

We have just returned from an amazing week here. It's fantastic, the food, drink and staff make it very special. We found the reception staff to be poor, but all other staff to be very helpful and pleasant.
We booked a beach side apartment on the recommendation of people on Trip Advisor. However, we moved to a suite in the hotel, as you need buggies to take you back and forth for breakfast/lunch etc. It's so hot, it's better with young children just to be able to walk downstairs for dinner and drinks.
The quality and choice of food is incredibly good value for money. The all inclusive drinks are named brands.
The staff by the pools, in the bars and in the restaurants are very helpful.
The Reception staff less so. There is a mix of experience so you get different answers to the same question. We had a faulty key card two days running and the receptionist just shrugged her shoulders. The Manager on check out was rude and spoilt the start of the day, which was unnecessary after a fantastic week.
The Main guy on the Rio beach bar was excellent as were Rony and Faruk in the Buffet Restaurant.
When we arrived it specified that men must wear trousers and closed shoes. Neither are essential, the restaurants accepted my husband in knee length shorts with a closed shoe.
Strongly recommend private transfer for £50.
We will return.

Review collected in partnership with Virgin Holidays

1 Thank ClareB214
Dear ClareB214

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 22 August 2014

I had an exceptional overall experience.
From the front desk check-in to the buggy drivers, housekeepers and waiters, the level of service was just amazing. It is rare to get such a level of service in UAE to be noted and highlighted here. The hotel is very nicely organized around the private beach and swimming pools.
The beach is awesome and you can enjoy the sunset from the beach. Many swimming pools and even kids dedicated swimming pools (one is shaded: for people who know the sunlight levels in UAE they will enjoy this).
I will give 9.5/10 for this hotel and will definitely come back again and recommend it to my friends.

Room Tip: I recommend to get a villa on the beach.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Mohamed B,

Reviewed 22 August 2014

We have just returned from an 8 night stay at the hotel with a group of friends. All I can say is totally amazing. The hotel is outstanding the staff are the best I have ever known, even the gardeners. Great choice of food and if there is something not on the menu just ask and the chefs will make it for you. The beach villas are perfect not to far from anything. Swimming pools are great although a bit hot in the afternoon had to use the kids pools to cool off.
All in all the best holiday we have ever had.
We travelled with 6 children aged from 18 months to 15 years old. Not one of them got bored or hungry.
If I go back to the UAE I will defiantly use this hotel.
Thank you to all the staff for making this such a great holiday
Neil and Sam Smith

• Stayed August 2014
Schouaib, Front Office Manager at Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 8 September 2014
Dear Cooper1275smith,

Thank you for choosing our Resort for your family group holiday and for sharing your comments with us.

I am delighted that our service and facilities went above your expectations. It is our pleasure to be able to provide and care your family and friends, especially the little ones.

We are looking forward to welcome you all back in our Resort hopefully in the not too distant future.

Sabri Chouaib
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 August 2014

If you are expecting the 5* treatment and service of Dubai, you will be disappointed; but if you are looking for a chill out in the sun at a good resort this is the place to go.

Resort: Large resort right on the beach. A number of pools. Beach towels provided. Hotel was full, but never had problem getting a lounger. Gardens and grounds could do with some TLC overgrown areas and rubbish on beach. Stayed in the villas at the end of the resort. Buggy transfers available from main hotel to the villas and restaurant/bars at that end of resort, if you don’t want to walk.

Bedroom: - Large spacious room with 2 comfy large beds (2 adults & 1 teenager) British sockets, hairdryer provided, free use of safe in room. Only comment would be that the bathrooms need updating and it took 3 attempts to get maintenance out to fix a panel in the wardrobe which prevented us being able to use it.

Food: we were all inclusive with Virgin. This included breakfast, lunch and dinner at the Maarid buffet restaurant in the main hotel. You can also eat in the Italian and Asian restaurant off a special Virgin menu (booking required). We often had lunch at the Dhow beach bar – nice salads at reasonable price (discounted for AI guests) as a change to the Maadrid. If staying in the villas you could also have breakfast in the Wavebreaker (much closer).

Drink: There is a list of what drinks are included in all inclusive. You will be charged for those outside of this list. Bar service was pretty slow, with some orders taken multiple times before a drink was received. Free bottled water in rooms and at bar.

Special mention of Hur Solo lifeguard at the top pool by villas. Very friendly helpful and worked hard to ensure this area was well kempt.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family